Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

@Nappypapi How oddly silent they are being about this is so bizarre. Has Elon ever said less about a product in the past? Hell, he's constantly talking about the Roadster, Cybertruck, Semi, 4680s, etc. But, absolute dead silent on Model S/X? That's really unusual.

EDIT: Pretty funny, just read the comments on youtube and tons of "experts" saying "oh, a fail just means that it didn't pass for some reason, not that it can't ever pass"...well, no kidding lol. That's not the point. Point is, is that why we are all suffering right now and if so, why the hell didn't Tesla have its *sugar* together?

Last edited:
My account still says July but I still have a feeling deliveries will begin in May & continue through June, etc. On a sort of side note...anyone know if the new Tesla MS Plaid comes with a "matte" carbon fiber rear spoiler (and inside cabin cf) or is it the polished, clear coated carbon fiber finish? Thank you!

@Nappypapi How oddly silent they are being about this is so bizarre. Has Elon ever said less about a product in the past? Hell, he's constantly talking about the Roadster, Cybertruck, Semi, 4680s, etc. But, absolute dead silent on Model S/X? That's really unusual.
IDK, I find the lack of updates on all products to be pretty consistent. Roadster occasionally gets a disappointing update and delay notice. Cybertruck was supposed to tour some last year and show its updates. Instead all we got was a cryptic tweet about door handles. Semi? Soonish, maybe, but nothing official. 4680? Yeah, they'll be in the Y in Germany and the Plaid+ next year, but little in the way of updates otherwise. And obviously there have to be other products in the pipeline now (larger vehicles, the 25k car, etc), but we probably won't hear anything until next year.

This company is good at silence.

Reactions: elguapo
IDK, I find the lack of updates on all products to be pretty consistent. Roadster occasionally gets a disappointing update and delay notice. Cybertruck was supposed to tour some last year and show its updates. Instead all we got was a cryptic tweet about door handles. Semi? Soonish, maybe, but nothing official. 4680? Yeah, they'll be in the Y in Germany and the Plaid+ next year, but little in the way of updates otherwise. And obviously there have to be other products in the pipeline now (larger vehicles, the 25k car, etc), but we probably won't hear anything until next year.

This company is good at silence.

Idk I think you are skipping over some stuff. Elon has said more about the cybertruck than he has the model s in the last couple of months.

Reactions: boonedocks
Well, I've just started to view what Elon spouts out as what this guy used to do: Muhammad Saeed al-Sahhaf - Wikipedia

Then there's no disappointments.

Better go on what's reported by actual owners as being delivered - that is what truly exists in the real world - not even the website is reliable. It really a pity.
They still are telling prospective buyers 10-14 weeks to delivery on their website. I predict there will be a reckoning. Maybe it will come from Tesla’s competitors for unfair business practices.

They still are telling prospective buyers 10-14 weeks to delivery on their website. I predict there will be a reckoning. Maybe it will come from Tesla’s competitors for unfair business practices.
Yeah. Quite content I didn't place that order for the Plaid+ as I planned to. Will now wait until it is actually delivered to others. Get this bad feeling like they marketed the P85D from the beginning with like 692hp. Just not practically true.

A verified user on Twitter asked about the delay and no response. Pretty safe to say deliveries are NOT imminent.
That's not just some rando verified dude, Ross is a well known cheerleader, so not responding to him seems more meaningful.

I dunno, I won't believe anything until I see piles of refreshes in the staging lot. Even at 50% capacity, the line can produce 1,000 cars a week, so it should be pretty obvious when things are made right.

and FSD and "THE BUTTON" and "DogeCoin" and on and on and on....our ElonPromisedPhoneCall in two weeks circa 1/28/21...nada....it's not just silence...it's the ignoring of it...😏
Personally, he can stick his dogecoin where the “sugar” comes out. Way beneath him to pump a greater fool theory asset. He is an icon with legendary stature. Be Barry Sanders .... act like you’ve been there.

The comparisons to CT & roadster timelines just don't seem applicable to me. This is still just an interior refresh & we're now at 4 full months with zero production. [Even Tesla's own Q1 numbers showed 0 S/X & didn't count the test mules].

The longer it goes on, the more nervous I get about taking delivery. If it weren't for the Q2 focus on foreign deliveries, I'd probably just take a Model 3 & wait another year for them to get their *sugar* together on MS.