Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just curious - Has anyone out there cancelled their order. If so, what are you switching to?

At this point I’m considering making the switch to the X5 45e as I’m getting more concerned that the delay may mean we’ll see similar issues that came up with the Model Y’s early production days (plus the $7500 tax credit is enticing).
I had been considering that exact car before deciding to order the Model S and have been considering it again during this whole delay.

It’s a great car but like every other one I consider against the S, it always seems to pale in comparison. If the EQS, etron GT, or a decent Taycan were within my price range - I probably would have switched by now just on principle because I am not loving Tesla’s customer treatment. But oh well - here I am still waiting, mainly because the car just seems so damn good for the money (I ordered an LR). I’d feel a little better about it if they just communicated with us appropriately.

If summer comes and there is still no car and not even word about exactly when - then I’ll probably pick something else. I appreciate what Tesla and Musk are doing with regards to climate change, but their customer service kinda sucks.

Reactions: Leojsayta
I had been considering that exact car before deciding to order the Model S and have been considering it again during this whole delay.

It’s a great car but like every other one I consider against the S, it always seems to pale in comparison. If the EQS, etron GT, or a decent Taycan were within my price range - I probably would have switched by now just on principle because I am not loving Tesla’s customer treatment. But oh well - here I am still waiting, mainly because the car just seems so damn good for the money (I ordered an LR). I’d feel a little better about it if they just communicated with us appropriately.

If summer comes and there is still no car and not even word about exactly when - then I’ll probably pick something else. I appreciate what Tesla and Musk are doing with regards to climate change, but their customer service kinda sucks.

Kinda sucks? Just kinda?

Reactions: bmt00 and Danlbrau
Called in to modify my wheels to 21 Arachnids but was told my order could potentially get pushed back to September if any modifications were made so decided to just wait and change the rims later. The sales department said since I ordered mid-January I could expect it to be delivered around June-August. Better than September I suppose.

There’s some selection bias here - I’m guessing people who canceled their MS order won’t be checking this thread on the reg.

I’m REALLY close to switching to M3P. Was planning to wait until New inventory was sitting at delivery centers around mid-June. But that might’ve been blown up as well if they really have sold out all Q2 production.
I started configuring 3's and Y's this morning but know myself well enough to know I'm going to regret switching when the Model S unicorn finally appears.

Called in to modify my wheels to 21 Arachnids but was told my order could potentially get pushed back to September if any modifications were made so decided to just wait and change the rims later. The sales department said since I ordered mid-January I could expect it to be delivered around June-August. Better than September I suppose.

Good thing 3 separate told me changing colors didn't matter and wouldn't push me back.

Reactions: LiveSai

Add me to the list with these exact same thoughts as ShadowMoses & SoCalHusky. My thoughts/mood swings back and forth between the X5 45e & Tesla S, but the features of the MS always bring be back to just be patient dude. I hate, hate, HATE dealing with the stealerships. I’ve talked to two BMW dealers at it reminds me of another reason the tesla experience is so much better. If BMW had the same order system as Tesla perhaps even incorporating Costco discounts or something I probably would have ordered by now. Wifey loves the X5.

If they called and said I could pickup the S tomorrow I would. But we know that’s not happening. So I will be patient and make sure this thing lives up to the promises. We drive across country at least once per year with kids so a potential deal breaker for me would be lower battery pack as some have theorized. I’m hoping that’s not the case otherwise would just hold off for some reviews… We’re in no rush have a perfect running paid for Honda. Just want to upgrade to the future with as much luxury & safety.

~~~Ordered 3/15, RN1146***** Spokane wa. Has always showed 4-11 weeks eta.~~~

Reactions: PWRUP and Tigers
Elon is not gonna like this ...... that hashtag #FirstTo500 is pretty good.

CE17C928-0FA5-41ED-A818-88E3E706BA3D.jpeg

I just bought a 2016 p90d because I got impatient. First Tesla and first electric car and I can't wait for my 2021. I ordered the plaid but considering switching to plaid+ now that I have something to tide me over. Seems like y'all think the plus is practically vapor at this point though eh? Might as well wait and see?

Reactions: T-Racer
Lucid tryin hard for a commercial during SNL that nobody will watch ... Well cuz it's a commercial. Lol

No one is going to see that and give a damn but I'm sure NBC appreciates the $$$ regardless. It took lucid forever to sell out of the first edition version of the air. Seems like a compelling product but we will see however I've learned my lesson, only Tesla has the charging capabilities needed outside of California.

The rest of you all are going to have so much regret in the fall if you go with some plug in hybrid. Phevs are literally the worst of both worlds. Not enough EV range to do anything, still have to get gas and pay for service. Not to mention worse performance and safety.

No one is going to see that and give a damn but I'm sure NBC appreciates the $$$ regardless. It took lucid forever to sell out of the first edition version of the air. Seems like a compelling product but we will see however I've learned my lesson, only Tesla has the charging capabilities needed outside of California.

The rest of you all are going to have so much regret in the fall if you go with some plug in hybrid. Phevs are literally the worst of both worlds. Not enough EV range to do anything, still have to get gas and pay for service. Not to mention worse performance and safety.

I looked at the Volvo S90 hybrid. Great concept but I was not paying that much for a turbo charged lawnmower engine that does not have enough EV range to get me to and from the office without charging. Would still have ICE maintenance and performance. For me, it is either BEV or ICE - not interested in the in-betweens.

I looked at the Volvo S90 hybrid. Great concept but I was not paying that much for a turbo charged lawnmower engine that does not have enough EV range to get me to and from the office without charging. Would still have ICE maintenance and performance. For me, it is either BEV or ICE - not interested in the in-betweens.

Stay strong. We are nearing the day. There's a reason nearly all EV drivers never go back to ICE. So much better, so much more comfortable. The light is at the end of the tunnel...