Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good thing 3 separate told me changing colors didn't matter and wouldn't push me back.
It's hard to tell what will happen with a change request, it depends on if your order is matched to a production batch. If you are far enough back in the line, you can make whatever changes you want and it will not make a difference. If you are slotted to a production batch and you make a change that moves you to a different production batch (for example change color), then you run the risk of getting your order delayed until the next production batch with an open slot, which might be a little time or a lot.

We'll see :)

Ok @Tigers damnit. I may join you on switching to Red/White. I wanna do white but I'm not crazy about the brown trim. I'm gonna have to order replacement trim right after.

Idk. MSM/Black is what I have now. Black/White is a consideration too but there's a black one at work and it's alwayyyyyyyssssss dirty. Even right after he cleans it. It's pollen season here right now (yellow snow time), but still. Dangit. This wait keeps making me question my color choices

Ok @Tigers damnit. I may join you on switching to Red/White. I wanna do white but I'm not crazy about the brown trim. I'm gonna have to order replacement trim right after.

Idk. MSM/Black is what I have now. Black/White is a consideration too but there's a black one at work and it's alwayyyyyyyssssss dirty. Even right after he cleans it. It's pollen season here right now (yellow snow time), but still. Dangit. This wait keeps making me question my color choices

For the love of God, just don't get blue!!!!!!!! 💙

I actually like the brown wood trim with the white interior and red outside. Plan on making my ambient lighting a 💚 so it's like Christmas every time I drive it.

♥️💚🤍

Last edited:
Cant wait for the update to read Julgustember / maybe
Go check out the Model 3 delivery estimate threads lately. Even though they’ve got estimates, they’re bouncing around quite a bit day-to-day.

Julgustember wouldn’t be a terrible description for what’s happening over there - and might get worse with the ‘2Q production capacity sold out’ news.

Reactions: DLCT
Oh *sugar*, he’s reading this thread ......

9497CA57-DB3B-450F-9417-BBB7832A3A0A.jpeg

I changed from white to black. I currently have 3 white cars after only having black cars. The common denominator for keeping all paint colors looking brand new was ceramic coating and using good products when washing and waxing. The BMW below was my daily driver for 6 years and I was super lazy with washing but the paint stayed in great condition throughout the entire time I owned it. When I sold it this January the guy said for a car 6 years old he never seen paint that perfect. My m3p is white and after 1 rainstorm with pollen my car looks awful but it’s ceramic coated so a quick wash will have it good as new

1st pic was in 2017 2nd pic was during this past winter

1620440133231.jpeg

1620440341319.jpeg

• Helpful
Reactions: EnergyMax
Go check out the Model 3 delivery estimate threads lately. Even though they’ve got estimates, they’re bouncing around quite a bit day-to-day.

Julgustember wouldn’t be a terrible description for what’s happening over there - and might get worse with the ‘2Q production capacity sold out’ news.
I have a friend with a Y on order, ETA changes every day. You forgot the / maybe ...

I changed from white to black. I currently have 3 white cars after only having black cars. The common denominator for keeping all paint colors looking brand new was ceramic coating and using good products when washing and waxing. The BMW below was my daily driver for 6 years and I was super lazy with washing but the paint stayed in great condition throughout the entire time I owned it. When I sold it this January the guy said for a car 6 years old he never seen paint that perfect. My m3p is white and after 1 rainstorm with pollen my car looks awful but it’s ceramic coated so a quick wash will have it good as new

1st pic was in 2017 2nd pic was during this past winter

View attachment 660443
View attachment 660446
Yea. No matter what I get it's getting professionally ceramic and paint correction ASAP.

For the love of God, just don't get blue!!!!!!!! 💙

I actually like the brown wood trim with the white interior and red outside. Plan on making my ambient lighting a 💚 so it's like Christmas every time I drive it.

♥️💚🤍

What's wrong with blue? We have a red X -- and while I love the red, I'm not too keen on the idea of having two red cars, so was planning to go blue.