Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Agreed with the point on server pushing the code to client. That's why I picked only relevant section for Delivery Estimate. I would be interesting to check if any 3/y guys can post the code seen on their page if they have a firm delivery schedule.

We are only speculating the delivery estimate changes being pushed intermittently resulting in website outage at times.
I have Model Y order in place as well as MX order from 12/27 . I can check if I know what code I need to check ... lol

I am too lazy to look now but have we confirmed it is SSR (Server Side Rendered) or do we see any API calls to get the delivery dates from the client/browser? Should be easy to spot from the Network tab in Chrome/Safari dev tools. I can say one thing for sure, if the dash and no dash is flipping so randomly then (1) Code is crap (2) They either have no unit tests or their unit tests are junk.

Also, why is the Tesla site so freaking slow by 21st century standards? If they are on a Cloud provider why don’t they have elastic scaling configured? I think given how consistently slow it is - Their queries don’t use indexes or their DB schema/arch. is not optimized for read transactional load or their business logic is a dumpster fire or all of the above.

Something for you guys to give you hope:

TLDR: Massive consumer product conference in China today thru Monday. Tesla is going and is supposed to be bringing the entire car lineup, rumor is that includes the new Model S/X. How much detail we will get, who knows.

The clickbait kids on twitter seem to think that it will be more than just showing the cars physically, that their features/specs/etc. will actually be presented/discussed.
I will be looking forward to at least Bigfoot quality pics and vids. Maybe even someone will measure the rear wheel track. I can dream, can't I?

Also, why is the Tesla site so freaking slow by 21st century standards? If they are on a Cloud provider why don’t they have elastic scaling configured? I think given how consistently slow it is - Their queries don’t use indexes or their DB schema/arch. is not optimized for read transactional load or their business logic is a dumpster fire or all of the above.
Weird IT flex. :p

• Funny
Reactions: Tigers
I am too lazy to look now but have we confirmed it is SSR (Server Side Rendered) or do we see any API calls to get the delivery dates from the client/browser? Should be easy to spot from the Network tab in Chrome/Safari dev tools. I can say one thing for sure, if the dash and no dash is flipping so randomly then (1) Code is crap (2) They either have no unit tests or their unit tests are junk.
It is. No API calls being made from client side. And of all things they use Drupal for the front end lol.

• Funny
Reactions: cubsnlinux
FYI, Ordered on January 30. RN1144 Original delivery March 1 - 31 then March then blank and two weeks ago went to July. Looked at my webpage

"DeliveryDetails": {
"Delivery": false,
"DeliveryEstimateDate": {
"expectedDelivery": "Estimated delivery",
"copyOverride": "Estimated Delivery: July",
"isFromAdminTool": false
},

None of the makes a difference. When someone actually gets a VIN then it is time to get excited. Delivery times of blank, -, July, or week range are all estimates. These estimates are as accurate as my Lottery number guesses.

Enjoy the ride. It is is like being a kid again waiting for Christmas presents. The end your car will be worth it.

View attachment 660505

Is this a code QA issue or bug?? the id used for Max-Year is incorrect. This could mean many things -
1620515206857.png

Hope you are happy now, the unpaid intern had to fix this over the weekend

View attachment 660618

Hope you are happy now, the unpaid intern had to fix this over the weekend

In all seriousness, I'd take an unpaid internship at Tesla, for sure. I did a couple in college and none of them were for a company changing the world.

But also, a lot of the tesla website is really really basic *sugar*. Hard to get elite talent for a basic website.

• Love
Reactions: lsds and T-Racer
Sucks both are msm...the lighting and the quality of the pics make it really hard to see any differences. But I can say the new front bumper, to me, looks SO much better than the old one.
The old car is on the right. I kind of like that bumper better, but I think it may just be because it is much cleaner that the one on the left.