Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh interesting - yeah, I can see the code for that stuff as well, good to know it wasn't there before.

View attachment 660502
1620484608546.png

Is this a code QA issue or bug?? the id used for Max-Year is incorrect. This could mean many things -

1. You will get the car in 2021 (assuming min-year = 2021) or 2022 (assuming this update is *sugar*)
2. Need to replace the web design and coding team??
3. Tesla might have read this TMC thread and throwing more *sugar* at us??

Ordered date: 4/2: Reservation Number: RN1147xxx
Red/Black interior/21" wheels/FSD
Estimated Delivery: 10-14 weeks from the order date.
No change in ETD since day one.

• Funny
Reactions: T-Racer
View attachment 660505

Is this a code QA issue or bug?? the id used for Max-Year is incorrect. This could mean many things -

1. You will get the car in 2021 (assuming min-year = 2021) or 2022 (assuming this update is *sugar*)

Ah! "desk" is for desktop, when I minimize the viewport (simulated mobile experience) the ids change to say "mobile" in them. It also changes the font size and boldness as well (that answers the question i had above).

Also Im sure tesla's coding team isn't the best, i mean, they more or less iterate on 5 or so mostly static landing pages. Buh-or-ring! So to your point about the wrong ids..yeah, that's probably why lol. Maybe that's also why it's going to take 3 days to get the updates in there. ;)

The HTML that renders the "-" has blank placeholders for a range in months (it shows a blank min-month, min-year, and max-month, max-year)
When my expected date was completely blank (no dash), the HTML did not have the placeholders for the month range.
So the blank is a delimiter for the date range. Pretty bad code I would say. Instead they should wrap all that in a conditional and render say “Not Available” if those four fields are null/empty.

Reactions: elguapo and Tigers
Ah! "desk" is for desktop, when I minimize the viewport (simulated mobile experience) the ids change to say "mobile" in them. It also changes the font size and boldness as well (that answers the question i had above).

Also Im sure tesla's coding team isn't the best, i mean, they more or less iterate on 5 or so mostly static landing pages. Buh-or-ring! So to your point about the wrong ids..yeah, that's probably why lol. Maybe that's also why it's going to take 3 days to get the updates in there. ;)
@Tigers Can you check whether "isFromAdminTool" value set to TRUE in your page code??

My page shows below -
"DeliveryDetails":
{"Delivery":false,
"DeliveryEstimateDate":
{"expectedDelivery":"Estimated delivery",
"copyOverride":"Estimated Delivery: 10 - 14 weeks from order placed date",
"isFromAdminTool":false
},
"DefaultDateAndTime":"We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration.",
"hasAutoPilot":true,
"hasSelfDriving":true,
}

Unless the estimated delivery is from AdminTool, I dont' think we can expect the delivery estimate changes to be genuine.

Thoughts??

@Tigers Can you check whether "isFromAdminTool" value set to TRUE in your page code??

My page shows below -
"DeliveryDetails":
{"Delivery":false,
"DeliveryEstimateDate":
{"expectedDelivery":"Estimated delivery",
"copyOverride":"Estimated Delivery: 10 - 14 weeks from order placed date",
"isFromAdminTool":false
},
"DefaultDateAndTime":"We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration.",
"hasAutoPilot":true,
"hasSelfDriving":true,
}

Unless the estimated delivery is from AdminTool, I dont' think we can expect the delivery estimate changes to be genuine.

Thoughts??

Says "false"...hopefully someone here with a 3 or Y on order can check as well...curious...

The code also still mentions enhanced autopilot for $4,000. lol

• Funny
Reactions: elguapo
View attachment 660505

Remember coding is very very hard. Harder than production. It's just so hard. Haha

View attachment 660505

On a side note about this code. The IDs are typically used in this case for CSS styling. The page is rendered server side and not client side, meaning the data that fills the page isn't being loaded locally. This page being rendered server side we can't see what actually is happening in the background. These tags are pretty much meaningless in the rendered version.

Agreed with others they could have had a quick if statement in their front end code that checks for variables existing in their json return and providing different text, sloppy programming for sure. The json you see in the code is interesting and still rendered after the fact so pretty meaningless, not sure as a developer myself I'd put that bit of code in the output unless it's strictly there for debugging purposes. Even the language and options output shouldn't really be on the page since it's not down in the rendered portion of the page.

On a side note about this code. The IDs are typically used in this case for CSS styling. The page is rendered server side and not client side, meaning the data that fills the page isn't being loaded locally. This page being rendered server side we can't see what actually is happening in the background. These tags are pretty much meaningless in the rendered version.

Agreed with others they could have had a quick if statement in their front end code that checks for variables existing in their json return and providing different text, sloppy programming for sure. The json you see in the code is interesting and still rendered after the fact so pretty meaningless, not sure as a developer myself I'd put that bit of code in the output unless it's strictly there for debugging purposes. Even the language and options output shouldn't really be on the page since it's not down in the rendered portion of the page.
Agreed with the point on server pushing the code to client. That's why I picked only relevant section for Delivery Estimate. I would be interesting to check if any 3/y guys can post the code seen on their page if they have a firm delivery schedule.

We are only speculating the delivery estimate changes being pushed intermittently resulting in website outage at times.

Reactions: Tigers
We are only speculating the delivery estimate changes being pushed intermittently resulting in website outage at times.
Nah. They're hosted on Azure for the site. Likely they could push container updates that clear the cached content or something of that sort. Azure DNS has been having inconsistent issues the last few months too which is causing some headache not just for Tesla. I strongly doubt you'd be seeing any issues with site loading because they're changing dates.

(Note: I do development work as part of some of my job doing back end API coding and some front end work)

Interestingly enough the page source shows very different when I check on mobile. I'm gonna see if I can figure out what calls it's making to determine dates and VINs if I can find it in the javascript source code. Not promising at the moment but haven't looked though all the code.