Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FWIW, I called my local SA to get an update. I was thinking that they may have solid information before I see my " - " change to something credible.

After explaining I ordered in 2020, even without looking up my reservation, they made 2 statements that were news to me:

1) The delay in production is due to a chip shortage.
2) Even with a Dec 2020 reservation, delivery will likely be in September.

what are they doing, walking the chips to the factory.... that sucks! Sept! *****!

There were all those articles about how Tesla was working around the chip shortage, but maybe it's not working out.
My coworker was at the local SC and the guy there said Elon saw the shortage coming and had already worked around it and sourced from different manufacturers enough to cover this year without issue. Take that with a grain of salt but I seriously still doubt this has anything to do with chips or software.

FWIW, I called my local SA to get an update. I was thinking that they may have solid information before I see my " - " change to something credible.

After explaining I ordered in 2020, even without looking up my reservation, they made 2 statements that were news to me:

1) The delay in production is due to a chip shortage.
2) Even with a Dec 2020 reservation, delivery will likely be in September.
I'm not sure I buy this, maybe the SA was a rogue speculator or some communication breakdown happened. I've never received any new info from Sales or Service, especially on internal parts supplies. And to just hand it out without probing? If true, that SA's job is toast.

Reactions: T-Racer
So I happened by the Tesla showroom at Stanford Shopping Center over the weekend and 3 not so busy young employees were standing up front so I thought I’d just ask what they knew about upcoming deliveries. In fact, I asked them what they’d been told to tell reservation holders like us. One gal said at their team meetings that they are told to literally reply that the information was above their pay grade. In fact, it was above their managers’ pay grade too to know anything. Found this rather amusing. So I asked “is it difficult to sell cars that don’t exist?” They busted up laughing and replied, “No, not really”.
My reservation is 11444 LR red/black 19” FSD and like many here, the “empty date range” dash returned.

Reactions: T-Racer
So I happened by the Tesla showroom at Stanford Shopping Center over the weekend and 3 not so busy young employees were standing up front so I thought I’d just ask what they knew about upcoming deliveries. In fact, I asked them what they’d been told to tell reservation holders like us. One gal said at their team meetings that they are told to literally reply that the information was above their pay grade. In fact, it was above their managers’ pay grade too to know anything. Found this rather amusing. So I asked “is it difficult to sell cars that don’t exist?” They busted up laughing and replied, “No, not really”.
My reservation is 11444 LR red/black 19” FSD and like many here, the “empty date range” dash returned.

Seems pretty normal to me, but not sure what empty date range dash means.

I bought 15 more at 624.79. Max Pain and wall at 625 is partially why.
Thinking 601 is also looking like the next stop if we continue.

1620682430761.png

None of that is part of Asperger's syndrome. Where did you get this idea? Sounds more like media FUD.

Amateurs shouldn't play psychologist.
He admitted he has Asperger's during his SNL monologue this past Sat night and thus far, hasn't refuted that as fact nor said it was a joke of any kind. Many people outside his orbit (myself included) have suspected he's in the Spectrum based on the things he says and how he does things...kinda like a child at heart...I mean who else would put fart sounds to be used as a car horn?!?! And "Ludicrous Mode" or even the "Plaid" reference to the Space Balls movie's outrageous speed mode. Really? It's loony and childish and no real auto manufacturer CEO would ever come up with that and actually implement it. Think about it. And all the super hopeful (and almost childish) things he says that either never come true or if it does happen, it's a bit different and/or majorly delayed. This new "refreshed" MS production and deliveries time schedule just to name 1 small example. :rolleyes:

We need to keep in mind this is the first major refresh where Tesla has remade a car that is more or less 90% new. Elon is a bit overly optimistic on timelines and so no, it isn't shocking that they screwed this one up given this is their first go at it. I suppose that's why they prefer the incremental changes method usually lol.

@MattCharleston - Yeah, thinking the same thing. The clickbait twitter kids are looking bad right now. I'll give it another few hours.