Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You guys are lucky to have vanity plates for EV. In IL, it’s a NO-NO. Stupidity at heights 😂😂
I couldn't have vanity plates for my 3000GT because it was classified as an antique, and for some stupid reason antique plates don't have vanity.

But in Arizona I had TURBOHP, because I was tired of people asking if it was the turbo model.

• Funny
Reactions: Drew-MS
Anyway, back on topic, the latest gabe video shows plenty of model s with the white interior. No reason to think they are producing large portions of them. Definitely model s on delivery trucks, so they should be appearing somewhere soon.
Will be interesting to see if we get any new status / estimated updates after they’re done monkeying around with our accounts; this has definitely been the longest all of our accounts have been down. Perhaps some may see VINs tomorrow? Probably not me but I’m hoping to see at least an update to expected delivery July if not a VIN with a June delivery. Was never happy about August although that’s certainly still possible too.

Reactions: Tigers
Anyone put any thought into vanity plates? My wife and I are brain storming ideas. The one I like the most right now is a take on OMG, OHMG.
here is mine! Chill mode OFF always!

Attachments

• IMG_1172.jpeg
    IMG_1172.jpeg
    449.7 KB · Views: 58
I’ll probably remove the chrome ‘plaid’ emblem permanently or I’ll wrap it black chrome.
I am a fan of de-badging my cars--like the cleaner look on the back
I like that color too! Just curious why Tesla doesn’t offer more color options?
They used to. The explanation was that changing colors in the paint shop is a PIA and slows down overall production. They felt to production hit was not worth it for low volume colors like the brown and green, so they went with the current approach.

Reactions: JimLL and Drew-MS
I am a fan of de-badging my cars--like the cleaner look on the back

They used to. The explanation was that changing colors in the paint shop is a PIA and slows down overall production. They felt to production hit was not worth it for low volume colors like the brown and green, so they went with the current approach.
Thanks for the explanation. Very helpful. (I’d have just hit the informative button but I can’t figure out how to do anything other than thumbs up! How do you do funny, informative, etc ?!)

South Florida for sure. South FL is so different than the rest of FL.
My crystal ball tells me I’ll be relocating to FL within 3 - 5 years.
On topic:
Is it possible the 21” wheels are preventing more June delivery estimates ?
S FL is basically another borough of NY, lol so you might as well. And regarding the 21” arachnid wheels, I’m fairly sure that’s no issue. We’ve seen many new refresh MS with the 21” wheels and there’s no shortage of those wheels for the new vehicles.

Reactions: Drew-MS
Fair enough. I didn’t mean to show it off. I honestly felt like I was part of this journey waiting for the Plaid S and am genuinely curious as to when it comes out. I think there’s room for good vehicles by different auto makers. They all have things they excel and fail at. I would love to own a Model S in the future. I hope you guys receive them ASAP!
Agreed. Some of the views here are a bit myopic. As in any forum. :)

i’ll be riding in a Mach-E Sunday to the Peterson Museum to ogle the Roadster. Looking forward to seeing my buddy happy with his choice of EVs.