Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone put any thought into vanity plates? My wife and I are brain storming ideas. The one I like the most right now is a take on OMG, OHMG.

Ready.
B50C0134-FE0C-4C99-96BC-4A41324228C0.jpeg

To be fair, you came on here to show off a competing product. There are plenty of Porsche fan forums...
Fair enough. I didn’t mean to show it off. I honestly felt like I was part of this journey waiting for the Plaid S and am genuinely curious as to when it comes out. I think there’s room for good vehicles by different auto makers. They all have things they excel and fail at. I would love to own a Model S in the future. I hope you guys receive them ASAP!

To be fair, you came on here to show off a competing product. There are plenty of Porsche fan forums...
I agree - I thought it was an odd move for him to come back to this forum and tell us he canceled his Plaid order and then proceed to brag about his new Porsche.

I understand they are direct competitors and a lot of us have probably given the Porsche some level of consideration. Ultimately, most of us have come to the same conclusion. While the Porsche is a beautiful car, the price / value ratio just doesn’t make sense for a car that is slower, has significantly reduced range, and no charging network infrastructure in place.

Wow, ok you seem to very passionately dislike Taycan. I’m not here to start a Taycan vs Model S debate as that has been done many times. The two vehicles are different and going from a 911 to a Taycan was appealing to me. Second tier? I suppose it all depends on what you value. To me, 0.x second of 0-60 speed is irrelevant when you’re in the sub 3-4 second range. The battery? Well, we will find out what the range of the Plaid is once released. The fit and finish and how beautiful the car is, Taycan wins hands down. This is what matters to ME. You obviously value other aspects in a car and that’s completely fair. I wanted a Plaid S badly, but the wait was not worth it. In addition to that, the treatment by SA’s when you’re spending close to $200k Canadian on a car is absolutely ridiculous. Enjoy your vehicle when you receive it. Hopefully I’ll be able to go for one whenever it is released to do a fair comparison!
I'm not really sure who you're directing those comments to, but if it was me, then please note I drove a Porsche Turbo for a few years and my last vehicle was a Jaguar I-Pace HSE EV which was right on par with the quality, fit, finish, and luxury of my Porsche; in fact, the interior of the I-Pace seems very, very close to that of the Porsche actually. But, for me, it's the combination of range, performance, technology, and luxury I'm after with the Tesla MS Plaid. I simply could not justify spending so much money on ANY electric vehicle that still has 250 mi max range or LESS! Period. I am willing to sacrifice a little on the quality, fit, & finish for the performance, range, & technology with the next EV I drive...which will be the Tesla MS Plaid. Now, having said that, I am NOT brand loyal to anything and will likely look at Porsche/Audi, Mercedes-Benz AMG, Lucid and others after my Tesla MS Plaid. As of right now though, the only EV that fits my criteria is the MS Plaid.

Reactions: gabeincal
Anyone put any thought into vanity plates? My wife and I are brain storming ideas. The one I like the most right now is a take on OMG, OHMG.
Been thinking about it for months. Unfortunately I’ve had the time. :). Here’s one I’m thinking about.

Attachments

• 49B88ACF-AFBB-492A-8967-6A0CDDE30FBB.jpeg
    49B88ACF-AFBB-492A-8967-6A0CDDE30FBB.jpeg
    673.5 KB · Views: 36
Little hesitant to get vanity plates. I don’t want to draw attention to my car.
I’ll probably remove the chrome ‘plaid’ emblem permanently or I’ll wrap it black chrome. I like to be low-key and occasionally roast fast gas cars.

I agree - I thought it was an odd move for him to come back to this forum and tell us he canceled his Plaid order and then proceed to brag about his new Porsche.

I understand they are direct competitors and a lot of us have probably given the Porsche some level of consideration. Ultimately, most of us have come to the same conclusion. While the Porsche is a beautiful car, the price / value ratio just doesn’t make sense for a car that is slower, has significantly reduced range, and no charging network infrastructure in place.
I would buy a Taycan in a heartbeat if it had 400+ mile range and performance close to a MSLR. Would even pay more. But nothing is remotely comparable until the price is at least double. And even then the range is weak and no supercharger network. But once someone has a competitive product, I’m done with this nonsense.

Fair enough. I didn’t mean to show it off. I honestly felt like I was part of this journey waiting for the Plaid S and am genuinely curious as to when it comes out. I think there’s room for good vehicles by different auto makers. They all have things they excel and fail at. I would love to own a Model S in the future. I hope you guys receive them ASAP!

It's all good. But I do really like the color you chose. It's what I'd get if I were buying one of those. Enjoy, but you'll be trading it in for a plaid model s in 6 months. 😁

Ultimately, most of us have come to the same conclusion. While the Porsche is a beautiful car, the price / value ratio just doesn’t make sense for a car that is slower, has significantly reduced range, and no charging network infrastructure in place.
Yup I was looking into Taycan turbos a couple months ago when the delays first started. Soo happy I stayed with the refresh. I’m finally optimistic that some of us will have our cars within weeks. 🍻.

Yup I was looking into Taycan turbos a couple months ago when the delays first started. Soo happy I stayed with the refresh. I’m finally optimistic that some of us will have our cars within weeks. 🍻.
Same here. It was an amazing car, though I test drove the 4s. The fit and finish was awesome and so was the suspension. Couldn't get pass the range and charging network. Having to rely on Electrify America sounds like a nightmare, at least for a while until they have the charging protocol/handshake issues figured out.

Reactions: Tigers and Drew-MS
Been thinking about it for months. Unfortunately I’ve had the time. :). Here’s one I’m thinking about.
My wife wants me to put SCARGO, because of the snail joke, but I told her most people would read it as SCAR GO and then it's just stupid.

I told her SNAIL is still in the running.