Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was the second charger a last minute add or a "due bill" item because they didn't have the parts?
If you requested it after the car was finished building, did they charge more than $1500?
No, I'm trying to get it after the car is finished. I don't know the price yet or even whether they will be willing to do it. I certainly expect it to cost more than $1,500. I wish I had configured it with twin chargers originally.

I think twin chargers will be useful in driving Seattle to California. There are a number of 70 amp stations along the way. Many of them are Roadster HPCs, but I think I can borrow or acquire an adapter.

- - - Updated - - -

Can I use your car, while you are in NYC, and I'm waiting for mine
In your dreams . . .:wink:

Does Larry like big butts, too?

I picked up my plates this morning. Around 4:00 pm I couldn't stand it any longer -- I HAD TO DRIVE MY CAR!! I left work early, put on my rear plate and headed straight to a local repair shop for the inspection. During the inspection, I ready over the Owners' Manual (aka, "the pamphlet"). SO much simpler than my Volvo.

After that, SHEER BLISS ...... the ride is uber smooth and the acceleration is not to be believed. Since traffic was pretty heavy, I just stayed on the side streets. But when the lights turned green I left everyone in the dust.

I'm driving her to work tomorrow. Nonetheless, separation anxiety will be an issue.

R129 (VIN 1391) was delivered today at the Fremont factory. The tour was great, and the car looks fabulous. Panel fit and alignment and so on are very good. I have a few minor niggles but nothing to go on about here.

photo.JPG

One minor squawk -- right after I got back to my office, I opened the sunroof and one of the guides that lowers the windscreen broke. I surmise that it was probably a bit out of alignment so it bound up and snapped. Should be a quick fix.

photo.jpg

Due bill: parcel shelf, HPWC, replacement of my front passenger door handle, which has a defect in the chrome. I can't imagine that the part would have passed inspection, so I would guess that something must have happened to it. It's discolored.

It's going to take some practice to learn to park this bad boy!