Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh got it. Didn’t know that. Thanks for the clarification.

just can’t wrap my head around why these cars are just sitting ready to go with VINs. At least ship them to the dealers....
Just so that on June 10 Elon can come on stage and say…

You get a vin…
You get a vin…
You get a vin…

Everyone gets a vin. 😂

And hand them over using the neuralink monkeys driving them from the lot. 🐒

Attachments

• 3B8C8ECF-DEC2-40EB-9FA0-83AFFB1FE800.jpeg
    3B8C8ECF-DEC2-40EB-9FA0-83AFFB1FE800.jpeg
    102.4 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Glad I chose the white exterior (and white/black/cf interior)...seems like it's more of a rarity than the other darker colors and again, it's the coolest color to the touch and inside the cabin when in the S FL heat. Also - something to note...seems like the door handles are in fact black and not body color. Perhaps that would change but at least from these cars with VINS waiting to be delivered, seems like all have black door handles.
I 100% agree about the heat. I lived in Central California for a few years and it would hit 100 consistently during the summers. It was night and day with respect to getting comfortable with my white Tesla and my friends' black cars.

Glad I chose the white exterior (and white/black/cf interior)...seems like it's more of a rarity than the other darker colors and again, it's the coolest color to the touch and inside the cabin when in the S FL heat. Also - something to note...seems like the door handles are in fact black and not body color. Perhaps that would change but at least from these cars with VINS waiting to be delivered, seems like all have black door handles.
Given that white was the most popular car color in 2020 and that white is the only free color for the model S refresh, I think white will be the most popular refresh color. As for why we've seen so few white cars in photos, I don't know.

• Informative
Reactions: sflgator
Given that white was the most popular car color in 2020 and that white is the only free color for the model S refresh, I think most of the cars will be white. As for why we've seen so few white cars in photos, I don't know.

A couple possibilities on white:

1) Since it is 'free' , there is less profit on all white cars. However that would not explain why so few red cars, since they make $2500 per vehicle there.

2) Quality control issues on white , or any paint quality issues are more obvious on white.

3) Perhaps consumer demand isn't what we think it is.

4) Poor planning on the part of Tesla, perhaps they are out of touch and not looking at their order book when deciding production numbers.

A couple possibilities on white:

1) Since it is 'free' , there is less profit on all white cars. However that would not explain why so few red cars, since they make $2500 per vehicle there.

2) Quality control issues on white , or any paint quality issues are more obvious on white.

3) Perhaps consumer demand isn't what we think it is.

4) Poor planning on the part of Tesla, perhaps they are out of touch and not looking at their order book when deciding production numbers.
It’s all strange to me with the white exterior on the refresh MS because Tesla sells a ton of white M3 & MYs with the same white paint.

Alright folks. I managed to find the lot, however the gate was closed and with no trespassing signs everywhere, I walked half a mile and took some pictures and videos from the street.
1) There seemed to be a lot more LR's than Plaid.
2) There were a few S's along the fence and i managed to peep in through the fence crack and all of them had a yoke steering.
3) Lot more white/cream interior than black.
4) All of them had a QR code/VIN number on the windshield.

Here are a few pics. Uploading video next.
The Blue looks really good. ;)

about 350 cars on that lot waiting for a home.

We established a white back that manufacturers don't have to ask for prior permission from NHTSA -- they self-certify compliance with FMVSS or can ask for clarification from the agency.

Based on the picture of the one VIN, this is a 2021 MY--some of you were hoping for a 2022 MY
It’s my understanding that since Tesla hasn’t previously conformed with the industry practice of updating cars each year, and therefore doesn’t “release” the 2022’s in August/September like other manufacturers. Not sure when say, 2019’s or 2020’s were first delivered but a lot closer to the end of the year than other manufacturers.

It’s my understanding that since Tesla hasn’t previously conformed with the industry practice of updating cars each year, and therefore doesn’t “release” the 2022’s in August/September like other manufacturers. Not sure when say, 2019’s or 2020’s were first delivered but a lot closer to the end of the year than other manufacturers.

Tesla moved to the practice of delivering next years cars (by VIN model year) in the current years fall roughly Sept/October 2019 (when 2020s began being built and delivered)

Prior to that model year was concurrent with calendar year when the vehicle was physically built.

Reactions: Danlbrau
Question on adding the FSD option... When you click the option on account pages it add FSD, it states obviously the additional features you will have activated and potentially in the future.

BUT, it also clearly states "FSD Computer".

Does this mean that if you don't order at purchase FSD package, they don't install the FSD computer? Would you have to have it installed later if you add the package at a later date - do we know that yet again?

I don't get how white interiors will help in reducing the cabin heat. I get the point that white exterior will reflects more and absorbs less heat. If this applies to white interior, wouldn't the cabin become hot due to reflection of heat resulting in cabin becoming more hot?
No, because some light will go back out the windows. Black interior (worst case) means all the light is absorbed. White interior (best case) means some light is reflected out and some is absorbed by black dash / other non-white things.