Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So if the Plaid is supposed to be priority, and deliveries are supposed to start in about a week, why haven’t any VINs been assigned. I have been told that once you get a VIN it’s about 2 weeks or so until your car is at the dealer ready for pickup. It would seem then no one is getting a car next week. If the announcement to start deliveries is during the event next Thursday, then it’s about 2 week (+/-) a couple of days until July, which starts Q3 then. Just seems like the timeline isn’t really possible to me. I’m not getting my hopes up for a June delivery. July, perhaps. August is when I think it will be a much larger rollout, plaid and LR.

So if the Plaid is supposed to be priority, and deliveries are supposed to start in about a week, why haven’t any VINs been assigned. I have been told that once you get a VIN it’s about 2 weeks or so until your car is at the dealer ready for pickup. It would seem then no one is getting a car next week. If the announcement to start deliveries is during the event next Thursday, then it’s about 2 week (+/-) a couple of days until July, which starts Q3 then. Just seems like the timeline isn’t really possible to me. I’m not getting my hopes up for a June delivery. July, perhaps. August is when I think it will be a much larger rollout, plaid and LR.
Exactly!

So yesterday I went to a different Tesla dealership and spoke with a random SA. I had her look up my account. I ordered the car on October 29th, 2020. When they announced the refresh the people that ordered "pre" refresh had the old Model S's on their account page and old information. We were told that we had to wait for the account to be updated to the new Model S and it would happen in due time. Had nothing to do with me or not being ready for my order, this is on TESLA to transfer it over. So yesterday she shows me that in my account that my order was completed on March 1st. This is when Tesla finally transferred the correct info to my account. And she is saying from her perspective it looks like this is when the order was "completed". Excuse me??? I ordered this car in October not March, and it was completed before it transferred over.
Honestly if people that ordered their cars in January and February get theirs before me, I am out. Tesla will not deserve my money and I will be happy to go to another brand. This is my first Tesla and this experience has been a total joke. This would literally be the cherry on the top of a 'sugar' show.

Last edited:
So yesterday I went to a different Tesla dealership and spoke with a random SA. I had her look up my account. I ordered the car on October 29th, 2020. When they announced the refresh the people that ordered "pre" refresh had the old Model S's on their account page and old information. We were told that we had to wait for the account to be updated to the new Model S and it would happen in due time. Had nothing to do with me or not being ready for my order, this is on TESLA to transfer it over. So yesterday she shows me that in my account that my order was completed on March 1st. This is when Tesla finally transferred the correct info to my account. And she is saying from her perspective it looks like this is when the order was "completed". Excuse me??? I ordered this car in October not March, and it was completed before it transferred over.
Honestly if people that ordered their cars in January and February get theirs before me, I am out. Tesla will not deserve my money and I will be happy to go to another brand. This is my first Tesla and this experience has been a total joke. This would literally be the cherry on the top of a 'sugar' show.

Sadly, for now, they won't care or even notice. I'm a huge Tesla fan but can't wait for some competition to come along and force them to up their game on the customer side. It will take years.

All will be forgotten when you are sitting in your car on the side of the road playing Cyberpunk on a world-class gaming machine.

Sadly, for now, they won't care or even notice. I'm a huge Tesla fan but can't wait for some competition to come along and force them to up their game on the customer side. It will take years.
If the Lucid was ready to go, I would be out of here in two seconds. Everything about it looks amazing. Tesla has some serious competition coming.

Reactions: Danlbrau
I am in the same situation. It’s a really rough Deal. I called my SA the day after
Pre-refresh was announced and he updated everything on my account also. Original December order. I don’t think any of that matters to Tesla. I believe they will ship the cars as best suits them.
just take a deep breath. I assume we are
Near the end of the tunnel

I am in the same situation. It’s a really rough Deal. I called my SA the day after
Pre-refresh was announced and he updated everything on my account also. Original December order. I don’t think any of that matters to Tesla. I believe they will ship the cars as best suits them.
Yes maybe. Hopefully. I drove the Y yesterday just to see if I could "do it". I can't. It felt very cheap to me. (No offense to anyone that owns a Y, it's just my preference.) It was peppy and fun to drive, but the interiors do not make the cut for me. It's been so long since I have been in an "S" that I hope they don't have that same type of "feeling".

Reactions: boonedocks
If the Lucid was ready to go, I would be out of here in two seconds. Everything about it looks amazing. Tesla has some serious competition coming.

The Lucid is a cool prototype ... but do they? Lucid is going to be busy cutting their teeth on traditional manufacturing methods for the next 5 years ... they don't even have a viable factory yet, the hardest part by far of being a car builder is getting the factory right ... meanwhile, Tesla has reserved all 7 of the giga presses being made from the only two companies that make them.

I'm rooting for all the competition to be honest, but I don't think Lucid is going to be one of them. Tesla needs to keep one eye on Ford, another on Rivian, and occasionally look over at GMC to see how that Hummer is doing.

Perhaps someone here with an active Twitter account (Gabe? @gabeincal or someone else?) can ask Elon Musk directly on Twitter..."why no love for white refresh MS Plaids? Where are all the white MS Plaids Elon?" 🤔☹️
I saw a whole truckload of white Tesla's headed east on the i10 in the Palm Springs area yesterday morning. I am not sure of the Models as we were going west at 80 mph.

Reactions: sflgator
It really worries me that my account still shows no delivery date information. I think I'd rather be lied to.

Screen Shot 2021-06-02 at 7.34.23 AM.png

I agree; had a $1000 deposit on a Lucid Air GT but had them return my deposit. As awesome as the Lucid Air is, it’s still a new EV from a new EV auto maker and there’s a lot to see over the next few years with Lucid. Btw - the Lucid Air in its first edition lacks air suspension and much of the staff don’t know a whole lot about these new vehicles. I also suspect there will be many kinks and issues to iron out over the first several years but the design, technology, quality control, management, leadership and money are there for Lucid to become a very successful EV manufacturer! 👍🏻

• Informative
Reactions: HumanInput

Just hoping that light at the end of the tunnel is not a train...

My mother just texted me to let me know that the Model Y she ordered less than two weeks ago has a delivery date of June 13th. She was just checking in on my S order?