Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think anyone should trust teslas delivery estimates. Just gotta wait until they call you or a vin showing up. Glad mines been blank so I don't have to worry about when it comes, its just going to be a surprise. šŸ˜„

Even if you had a delivery estimate on the site, it will still be a surprise when it shows up.

• Both orders are still blank--I have new empathy for folks that have always had a blank--it seems like the worst of all the available choices
  • I would imagine Tesla will offer forged wheels to hit the 200 mph. I believe both current wheel options are cast. That might also be why the 0-60 time when from 1.99 to 2 sec
  • A few thousand pages ago, I made a comment about no mention of ambient lighting on the window stick--foraging around in the configurator (coz really, what else is there to do?), I noticed that ambient lighting is listing under "comfort" -- my bad
  • Still think June deliveries are going to happen for Plaid, just not sure if I will be part of that given my choice of white interior. Although, TBH, I am happy for *anyone* from this crew to get their car, it will feel like a win.
  • Got an email from Tesla and my heart skipped a beat until I realized it was just the shipping confirmation for my touch-up paint....sigh

Based on?
Based on all the refresh MS orders from March - Feb - Jan & 2020 (pre-refresh announcement). If you ordered one (limited options/colors to choose from) many months ago but someone else ordered a week ago and that person who just ordered received their MS a month or two BEFORE you, wouldnā€™t you be extremely upset and disappointed? Not exactly the way any auto company should act and treat its customers correct? Iā€™m almost certain my Tesla RM agrees although I doubt the RMs or any other local, state or regional Tesla employees are actually involved in any of these delivery timeframe decisions. Weā€™ll see what happens.

... and when you guys show/say you have "blank" status, you mean you just have the message displayed of:

"We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration."

Right?
Yes. No ā€œEstimated Delivery: XXXXā€. Nothing. Thatā€™s gone.

If I didnā€™t sell my P100D a few months ago, I wouldnā€™t care as much about whether I get the car in June vs. August. Iā€™m feeling a bit extra restless lately driving ice which are boring and feel too slow lol.
Thatā€™s the worst part. Iā€™ve seen so many people that sold their MSā€™s (me too) based on clearly erroneous information their new car was coming soon. Itā€™s really infuriating they are showing June delivery for Plaids ordered today, particularly given a page earlier someone posted they ordered one last week and their expected delivery said June for a day or two and now blank. And those of us that ordered months ago? Zero communication as to when we can expect our cars while they make it obvious they are going to prioritize customers ordering today over us.

Not exactly the way to build customer loyalty.

For those who have gone through this process already. When a specific delivery date shows up, has it ever actually shown up on that date? IIRC, a few hundred pages ago someone said it just keeps getting pushed back a day if it hasn't shown up. I'm just wondering if there ever was a successful date predicted.

I finally got my ā€œswitch to plaid from plaid+ā€œ call from a random SA. Just like the others on here, I did not switch. Rolling the dice while I drive a M3 for the next year.
What puzzles me is why they would do that this quarter unless they had a glut of plaid sitting around.
Maybe if they have the same configuration in Plaid, they will try to sell you on it. I ordered a Red/Black CF 21" which is probably a more popular Plaid+ choice given it's performance capabilities. Maybe that explains why I lost my dateā€¦

Based on?
Maybe based on Teslaā€˜s history of ridiculously false estimates? Maybe based on the fact that Tesla is still ā€œtweakingā€ the car and couldnā€™t even get it ready for a marketing event on June 3? Iā€™m not saying that it is impossible that the car will come in June, but the fact that Tesla is estimating June is entitled to little weight. Tesla estimated February back in January.

Last edited:
For those who have gone through this process already. When a specific delivery date shows up, has it ever actually shown up on that date? IIRC, a few hundred pages ago someone said it just keeps getting pushed back a day if it hasn't shown up. I'm just wondering if there ever was a successful date predicted.
If you are talking this year, obviously not since they havenā€™t delivered a single MS, Plaid or LR. Itā€™s been six years since I bought my first, canā€™t remember exactly how things were communicated back then but it was wrong too, although only for a few days. Which doesnā€™t sound like much but I was picking up at the factory and had to change flights at the last minute so it wasnā€™t cost free. Not that they cared back then either about the additional cost to me.

Of course the last six years with the car were glorious, so Iā€™m back for more whippings. šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø

I almost caved this weekend and changed my order to try and get into the lucky June window. Fortunately, my better half talked sense into me and said stick with what you really want.

I suppose that's the moral of this thread for me ... it sucks to wait, but stick with what you really want and find a workaround in the meantime. I know how happy I'm gonna be getting into that car for the first time and every time after that.

Since I am a LR and have the $2k discount, they will move me to Q3. If they do that to 100 of us, that is $200k more in revenue just for not filling the discount.
I guess that "priority delivery" means nothing then...smh

I would honestly would have been fine or accepted delay more readily if there was more of an effort to properly showcase car...all i want/wanted was a event similar to f150 event or even the cyber truck.

Reactions: JimLL
Thatā€™s the worst part. Iā€™ve seen so many people that sold their MSā€™s (me too) based on clearly erroneous information their new car was coming soon. Itā€™s really infuriating they are showing June delivery for Plaids ordered today, particularly given a page earlier someone posted they ordered one last week and their expected delivery said June for a day or two and now blank. And those of us that ordered months ago? Zero communication as to when we can expect our cars while they make it obvious they are going to prioritize customers ordering today over us.

Not exactly the way to build customer loyalty.
Also agree. Sold my MX in January. If I were getting back into an MX, Iā€™d have to wait literally one year. I canceled my order, put a deposit on a Rivian and ultimately came back to Tesla when I saw that MS Plaid was available in June. Put an order on one of those. We shall seeā€¦

I guess that "priority delivery" means nothing then...smh

I would honestly would have been fine or accepted delay more readily if there was more of an effort to properly showcase car...all i want/wanted was a event similar to f150 event or even the cyber truck.

I asked my SA question about "so, priority means nothing?". As a true Tesla Elonbot, he said I am priority and will be first when they make my trim (LR). Just not priority before the Plaid.

Reactions: Waverider317