Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Like others have mentioned, this is the case in several states but is not applicable to you in the state of California. California does not allow trade in deductions to reduce the taxable sales price.

@sflgator and @AnselmDante are providing this forum with nonstop entertainment. I feel like I’m back in high school watching the after school brawl behind the gymnasium. These days you need to order a Jake Paul PPV fight to get this type of entertainment!
I’m just glad it wasn’t me this time 😉
@sflgator and @AnselmDante are providing this forum with nonstop entertainment. I feel like I’m back in high school watching the after school brawl behind the gymnasium. These days you need to order a Jake Paul PPV fight to get this type of entertainment!

We may have gotten a little bit off topic. Where is Bruce when you need him?
I’m just glad it wasn’t me this time! 😉

• Funny
Reactions: sflgator and EVonly
Far better car???? Quicker, yes. Faster, yes. At the end of a 1,000 mile drive to San Diego will the Plaid make me feel more refreshed than an LR, maybe, since I would have to probably make one extra charging stop. Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to have a Plaid but I don’t see how it could be considered a far better car to live with in a day to day basis.
I guess you would never know

Reactions: sflgator
Maybe this is why Elon wanted to wait till June 10? Tesla Model S while a ring of fire eclipse is happening?
Interesting theory and Elon is crazy enough to wait for something like this. However, the launch event will be in Fremont and the eclipse will only be visible in northeastern North America. It will be 3:30 AM PST when this eclipse concludes.

Reactions: doubleshot
No idea. Is it only 670 HP? If I recall, I though the 2020 MS Performance was about 700 HP/TQ but not sure how they’ve set the dual motors and s/w on the refresh MS LR although we also know it’s lighter than previous the MS.
From the website

Model S Specs
LONG RANGE

• Range412 mi (est.)
  • Peak Power670 hp
  • Wheels19" or 21"
  • Cargo28 cu ft
  • Acceleration3.1 s 0-60 mph
  • Top Speed155 mph
  • Drag Coefficient0.208 Cd
  • Weight4,561 lbs
  • PowertrainDual Motor
  • Supercharging Max250 kW

I will be really disappointed (again) if we don’t hear any delivery information on 6/10 even if it is just bullsugar! Anything other than having a blank space where most people have an estimated delivery takes something away from my wonderful Tesla purchasing experience. although I would never have met all you Tesla customers. Although I hope to be back here on a different thread to learn how to use my first EV.

ordered my tuxedo LR with 21” wheels o. 12/15 RN1242.

I only had an estimated date (6/1-6/30) from 5/15 for approximately one week. Blank before and blank since that week. 🙁

I also am curious to see if any of the pre-refresh orders will actually have the 2000 buck discount promised by my SA for the early orders.
At this point I will pay for my S even if there is no discount. I almost expect not to see the discount. So if it really shows up in the final pricing it will be a nice surprise.

Reactions: HumanInput
Sorry, I disagree with that. My extra $40k or whatever says differently. I'm certain though that there will be thousands of new refresh MS LR owners that rush online to order & stick on their PLAID designations on their car trunks to be the posers they are. HUGE difference between ~ dual motor 770 HP/TQ LR and the tri-motor 1,020 HP/TQ PLAID with carbon sleeved motor rotors and torque vectoring. I think people "in the know" understand the differences between the two variations of the new refresh MS and the LR is not being commercialized as the high-performance PLAID. The PLAID is the PLAID and the LR is not.
I get your point of view and I would feel the same way. I have a C63 AMG and I see tons of regular C class with the AMG badge and I cringe everytime I see that. Heck, I have even seen a Nissan Versa with multiple AMG badges.
However, from Tesla or Elon Musk's outward public communication, there has never been any mention of LR. With the performance figures that the Plaid boasts of, there's no real desire to make any LR specific announcements/discussions even though they might as well deliver a lot more LR's than the Plaid on delivery day. So it does give a feeling that the refresh itself is generalized as Plaid. You and me know what the truth is.
On a side note, the Plaid might cost 40k more than the LR but after all is said and done, the LR is close to 100k OTD which is not exactly a 30k car on which people slap fake badges on. Majority of folks here buying a close to 100k car can very well upgrade to the Plaid if they wish to, instead of slapping a fake badge on.
For me personally, I am going for the LR and will be slapping a "Baby on board" sticker on it and at this stage in life, I have no need for the extra quick acceleration.

Here’s my bull sugar (new favorite word BTW) theory about what’s happening with the blanks. All the early and prerefresh orders that are blank almost exclusively seem to be with white interiors perhaps with a few exceptions. What if Tesla is really trying to take stock of how many white interiors it can produce/has produced right up until Jun 10, and then allocate the cars out to the blank orders?

We know white interior and CF is limited supply, so this may be a reason. Not sure if I’m giving Tesla too much credit tho.

It may also explain no July dates if Tesla expects a limited run of White and CF builds to fulfill the blank orders and starting them some time in June means that they need to keep July free logistically for transport and delivery?

What do you all think? Speculate away!

Reactions: Sbaimo
Not trying to pretend my LR is a plaid. But I plan on having the calipers painted. My last few cars did and I really like it. I ordered a black car and would have them painted gold like my last MB. Really made it standout a bit.

Attachments

• 044E60B3-DDA4-4C46-9F6E-0C4E876AC9CE.jpeg
    044E60B3-DDA4-4C46-9F6E-0C4E876AC9CE.jpeg
    485.2 KB · Views: 71