Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh another theory…the kilawatts Twitter was teasing some big non-Tesla news/reveal for next week and speculation on the thread was that it’s Lucid related. Could it be that Elon moved the event to Jun 10 entirely to suck the limelight off of any potential reveal Lucid has planned? I feel like Lucid is the only other EV maker that gets under his skin for whatever reason.

No idea. Is it only 670 HP? If I recall, I though the 2020 MS Performance was about 700 HP/TQ but not sure how they’ve set the dual motors and s/w on the refresh MS LR although we also know it’s lighter than previous the MS.

Im still confused here, does the new LR have the same rear motor as the old 2020 Long Range? Or is it the larger rear motor that only the Performance model had? If its the performance motor then it could probably do mid 10s unless Tesla wind back the performance a little with software. If its the old 100D motor then I would be thinking low to mid 11s.

If the LR runs mid 10s ill consided swapping my plaid order.

Oh another theory…the kilawatts Twitter was teasing some big non-Tesla news/reveal for next week and speculation on the thread was that it’s Lucid related. Could it be that Elon moved the event to Jun 10 entirely to suck the limelight off of any potential reveal Lucid has planned? I feel like Lucid is the only other EV maker that gets under his skin for whatever reason.
Because the Lucid CEO is Elon’s ex right-hand man, Chief Engineer on the original MS. That’s why. And also the fact that the Lucid Air is a beautifully designed, cool, high tech, in-house battery designed, high performance EV that may give Tesla a good run for their money. That’s another reason. It will be quite interesting to see how Lucid grows and performs over the next several years.

Because the Lucid CEO is Elon’s ex right-hand man, Chief Engineer on the original MS. That’s why. And also the fact that the Lucid Air is a beautifully designed, cool, high tech, in-house battery designed, high performance EV that may give Tesla a good run for their money. That’s another reason. It will be quite interesting to see how Lucid grows and performs over the next several years.
I have to agree lucid air is an amazingly crafted piece of machinery. I wish them all the success both from perspective of seeing the work of hundreds of hard working folks come to fruition as well as to truly finally really give Tesla a reason to truly compete again in some of the problem areas.

Like many have stated, if lucid was real and launched right now, a large chunk of us would be over there right now instead of tolerating ongoing shenanigans.

Here’s my bull sugar (new favorite word BTW) theory about what’s happening with the blanks. All the early and prerefresh orders that are blank almost exclusively seem to be with white interiors perhaps with a few exceptions. What if Tesla is really trying to take stock of how many white interiors it can produce/has produced right up until Jun 10, and then allocate the cars out to the blank orders?

We know white interior and CF is limited supply, so this may be a reason. Not sure if I’m giving Tesla too much credit tho.

It may also explain no July dates if Tesla expects a limited run of White and CF builds to fulfill the blank orders and starting them some time in June means that they need to keep July free logistically for transport and delivery?

What do you all think? Speculate away!
Not sure about that. I’ve been blank since mid-May and I ordered cream. My order was the day the refresh was announced, so I’m not sure if it figures into your theory.

I would think there are not a lot of pre-refresh orders to be filled, given MS sales were poor at the end of 2020 (one of the reasons it was refreshed), and people like myself itching for a new one waited knowing a refresh was imminent. Then there’s the whole $10,000 increase (less if you believe the $2,000 discount several of that group have said they think they won’t get due to changing their orders, etc.) and cancellations just based on six months or more of waiting with zero visibility when the wait will be over.

Given the complete lack of credibility of any assurance by Tesla when they will deliver our cars based on months of missed deadlines, until they start delivering cars in quantity of the type I ordered (LR), I don’t care if my account shows June, June 23-30, August, the infamous “-“, or completely blank. It’s all just a complete guess by whomever is populating that field.

Not sure about that. I’ve been blank since mid-May and I ordered cream. My order was the day the refresh was announced, so I’m not sure if it figures into your theory.

I would think there are not a lot of pre-refresh orders to be filled, given MS sales were poor at the end of 2020 (one of the reasons it was refreshed), and people like myself itching for a new one waited knowing a refresh was imminent. Then there’s the whole $10,000 increase (less if you believe the $2,000 discount several of that group have said they think they won’t get due to changing their orders, etc.) and cancellations just based on six months or more of waiting with zero visibility when the wait will be over.

Given the complete lack of credibility of any assurance by Tesla when they will deliver our cars based on months of missed deadlines, until they start delivering cars in quantity of the type I ordered (LR), I don’t care if my account shows June, June 23-30, August, the infamous “-“, or completely blank. It’s all just a complete guess by whomever is populating that field.
I don’t disagree. I was more talking about Oct 2020 to first half of Jan 2021 orders, which as you rightly said, are likely not that many.

The Plaid badge would look real nice in gold 😜
The Plaid badge will look great in the trash can after I de-badge mine. Who wants a reference to the screwball comedy Spaceballs on their $120,000+ car?

That’s about as desirable as a luxury car that makes farting sounds! Oh wait...
A6ED3925-B305-4F7A-9095-C36DCEC0B6F8.jpeg

Last edited:
From the website

Model S Specs
LONG RANGE

• Range412 mi (est.)
  • Peak Power670 hp
  • Wheels19" or 21"
  • Cargo28 cu ft
  • Acceleration3.1 s 0-60 mph
  • Top Speed155 mph
  • Drag Coefficient0.208 Cd
  • Weight4,561 lbs
  • PowertrainDual Motor
  • Supercharging Max250 kW
Yeah but all of this stuff was on the website in January, before they designed the car.

this is just life in the parts shortage era. i can’t think of any company that has been able to deliver products on time given the parts shortages.

My attempt at a late night satire of the delivery event:

Did y’all hear about this? Tesla and Elon pushed back delivery day for their new Plaid Model S for another week. Yea, apparently it needs some tweaks. Tweaks...tell me Carl (my sidekick would be Carl), would you get in a car that was just tweaked? Oh yea, here’s your car! We just tweaked it, it’s good to go! Just wait until you feel that limbic resonance, buddy!! That only works until 75 mph, so careful above that 😉

Found something concerning. I ordered the PLAID with Carbon fiber. Go to tesla's website now and try to get a PLAID with wood. Its a June delivery. Then switch to carbon fiber, it goes to Aug. Looks like if you ordered a PLAID with carbon fiber there is no chance of seeing your car in the next two months.

Hi team ! New in town, Model S LR MSM ordered on 4/1 but... needs to be delivered in Europe :). Quick question, maybe asked a million times, but what does "available for match on" means ? Keep the posts, as I think I'll have to wait much more than you ;)

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2021-06-03 à 14.38.42.png
    Capture d’écran 2021-06-03 à 14.38.42.png
    122.8 KB · Views: 62
Reactions: Lesran
Hi team ! New in town, Model S LR MSM ordered on 4/1 but... needs to be delivered in Europe :). Quick question, maybe asked a million times, but what does "available for match on" means ? Keep the posts, as I think I'll have to wait much more than you ;)
I suspect that given the delays in the refresh it means they can approximately come up with a similar car around September - used/lease return.