Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
He gets like this whenever he feels his life choices are being questioned. I've learned to just disengage once he goes full...you know.
Aww, gee sucks. You’re so complimentary and kind. What’s the matter Jester…didn’t you ever run your super awesome 1993 Mitsu 3000 GT in the 1/4 mi? What mods did you have…a custom ECU tune?Down pipes? Mid pipe? Full catless valved exhaust? High capacity fuel injectors? E85 fuel kit? Upgraded turbos perhaps? Upgraded intercooler? OR did you keep your car fully stock? And…what did you run in the 1/4 mi in your super awesome car?

So, while you were running around for the past two decades in your discontinued Mitsubishi which everyone forgot all about like 25 years ago dude, I went through buying, modding, and racing a BMW, an AMG, a Porsche Turbo, and a GT-R. So, really, there’s no need to argue here about any of this. There’s no need to poke at anyone and my poking here at you is purely in response to your snotty comments, brat!

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: HumanInput
Aww, gee sucks. You’re so complimentary and kind. What’s the matterJester…didn’t you ever run your super awesome 1993 Mitsu 3000 GT in the 1/4 mi? What mods did you have…a custom ECU tune, down pipes? Mid pipe? Full catless valves exhaust? High capacity fuel injectors? E85 fuel kit? And…what did you run in the 1/4 mi in your super awesome car?

So, while you were running around for the past two decades in your discontinued Mitsubishi which everyone forgot all about like 25 years ago dude, I went through buying, nodding, and racing a BMW, an AMG, a Porsche Turbo, and a GT-R. So, really, there’s no need to argue here about any of this. There’s no need to poke at anyone and my poking here at you is purely in response to your snotty comments, brat!
You guys get in your cars, drive toward one another, and hug it out for a few minutes

Yeah this is how it is in WA as well. You only pay sales tax on the difference. Makes doing a private sale a lot less compelling.
Yep, only really good reason to trade in your vehicle with the auto manufacturer or dealer…for the sales tax savings. But in my case, Tesla screwed me over after the first month trade-in offer expired and I sold my car for like $7k more at a local auto dealer than what Tesla offered me in the 2nd month. So it wasn’t worth it for me to trade it in with Tesla.

Aww, gee sucks. You’re so complimentary and kind. What’s the matterJester…didn’t you ever run your super awesome 1993 Mitsu 3000 GT in the 1/4 mi? What mods did you have…a custom ECU tune, down pipes? Mid pipe? Full catless valves exhaust? High capacity fuel injectors? E85 fuel kit? Upgraded turbos perhaps? Upgraded intercooler? OR did you keep your car fully stock? And…what did you run in the 1/4 mi in your super awesome car?

So, while you were running around for the past two decades in your discontinued Mitsubishi which everyone forgot all about like 25 years ago dude, I went through buying, modding, and racing a BMW, an AMG, a Porsche Turbo, and a GT-R. So, really, there’s no need to argue here about any of this. There’s no need to poke at anyone and my poking here at you is purely in response to your snotty comments, brat!
Definitely a spoon engine too

f93080ee-6e84-43be-b9db-bc4e95c3eb41_text.gif

So much hate here for the Plaid. It's a far better car than the LR.

And soooo worth the 40k extra!
Far better car???? Quicker, yes. Faster, yes. At the end of a 1,000 mile drive to San Diego will the Plaid make me feel more refreshed than an LR, maybe, since I would have to probably make one extra charging stop. Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to have a Plaid but I don’t see how it could be considered a far better car to live with in a day to day basis.

Are you saying that the trade in lowers the price of the car and hence the tax due?
Like others have mentioned, this is the case in several states but is not applicable to you in the state of California. California does not allow trade in deductions to reduce the taxable sales price.

@sflgator and @AnselmDante are providing this forum with nonstop entertainment. I feel like I’m back in high school watching the after school brawl behind the gymnasium. These days you need to order a Jake Paul PPV fight to get this type of entertainment!

We may have gotten a little bit off topic. Where is Bruce when you need him?

Last edited:
Far better car???? Quicker, yes. Faster, yes. At the end of a 1,000 mile drive to San Diego will the Plaid make me feel more refreshed than an LR, maybe, since I would have to probably make one extra charging stop. Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to have a Plaid but I don’t see how it could be considered a far better car to live with in a day to day basis.
I think it depends on what you’re coming from. I’ve heard some people on here who just sold their cars, some decent but average, everyday cars while others have been driving more exotic and high performance sports cars. So, for the latter, I would say that it’s the 1,020 HP/TQ PLAID or nothing since the LR, while certainly powerful and sporty in its own right, it may not quite satisfy all owners in the same way the PLAID will.

Like others have mentioned, this is the case in several states but is not applicable to you in the state of California. California does not allow trade in deductions to reduce the sales price.

@sflgator and @AnselmDante are providing this forum with nonstop entertainment. I feel like I’m back in high school watching the after school brawl behind the gymnasium. These days you need to order a Jake Paul PPV fight to get this type of entertainment!

We may have gotten a little bit off topic. Where is Bruce when you need him?
Again, I’m done with him. He pokes me and I poke back. I rarely, if ever, poke at anyone in any hurtful or demeaning way out of the blue.

I have had nice cars but do lack the vehicular pedigree to fully appreciate and be satisfied by anything but the Plaid, so I will take my place with the ranks of the LR. That, of course, may change with what I see on the 10th. The performance alone is not worth it to me - not saying it does not have value but just to me in my life it does not have $40k value. I want to see what other features there are for the money.