Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My account showed the new darker ones a few minutes ago when I looked at it. Then, I went back to it a bit later, and they were back to the lighter ones. Not sure why it is switching around like that.
Likely different servers you're connecting to have different versions cached and the dark hubcaps are slowly being propagated to them all.

With the change in base wheels, doesn’t it mean that the Fremont Holding Lot batch of cars needs to be taken back to factory at minimum and cannot be delivered as-is? Likely also means that they’ve yet to actually produce any car meant for customers. It will be interesting if this initial batch of cars will be sold and will be the odd ones out with the silver wheels and red calipers on Plaid.
Why do you think Tesla would not deliver the models that have silver wheels and then switch to the darker ones? They make changes all of the time. I bet the image in your account still shoes the silver wheels.

Likely different servers you're connecting to have different versions cached and the dark hubcaps are slowly being propagated to them all.
I bet you are right, I logged out and back in to my browser, and now back to showing dark on my reservation page. I hope it sticks and these are the wheels, I like the longer range of the 19s, and now the way they look too:

Screenshot 2021-06-07 222314.jpg

Those base wheels are just hubcaps. Tesla will just park out in the street and once the hubcaps are stolen, they will claim insurance and replace with the darker ones.

This would take a couple dozen interns like an hour max on the 200 cars sitting there with the ugly wheels.
Yep - I don’t disagree there. Was merely pointing out that all the base wheel cars in the lot are due at least one trip back to factory instead of just dust/detail and hand over to customer. Of course they could just as well have the hubcaps replaced at the Delivery Center (or make it a downloadable upgrade 😅).

rant

I’m really close to just cancelling. Original order of 1/10. Was supposed to pick up a performance 3 during 10/2020 but it never showed up (aka Tesla f’d up). Was then told March 2021, so I cancelled and switched my order to the new S. Oh, and I sold my LR 3 in October to prep for the performance 3. So yeah, been car less since. Maybe I don’t need one?

Recently Changed to arachnids because the silver 19s looked like crap. Was told I will lose the mystic 2k discount. Cool, arachnids look much better. Now, I want to switch back to 19s 🤦🏽‍♂️

This may be the icing on the cake for me. I really don’t think it’s meant for me to have this car right now. I’ll decide in the next couple of days.

rant over
I think most of us have felt the same. Hang in there 🍻

Yep - I don’t disagree there. Was merely pointing out that all the base wheel cars in the lot are due at least one trip back to factory instead of just dust/detail and hand over to customer. Of course they could just as well have the hubcaps replaced at the Delivery Center (or make it a downloadable upgrade 😅).
Sadly you cannot just change the hub caps out, you have to also paint the underlying wheel otherwise you’ll end up with a silver ring around the black hub cap

Reactions: T-Racer
My Account shows still the same plaid with red caliper but homepage shows no caliper and tempest 19” wheel option added. I want the red calipers as my car is red.
I think and hope these changes are probably for new orders or May be even a website glitch. I highly doubt they will be doing all these last minute changes ( immaterial to their bottom line) rather than delivering the cars ASAP to meet the numbers for the quarter. Hope things are more clear June 10th

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I really think it will depend on your RN number. I'm 1141 and I feel pretty confident I should get mine with the first batch of releases of LR in June. I'm noticing the early RN's like 1141 and 1142 have June dates. To be honest it makes me a little nervous to possibly get one of the first ones. Like maybe they are going to add some bell or whistle that I'm going to miss out on. This whole process produces so much anxiety. Or is it called Limbic Resonance?
We’ll..I’m a RN1141 - MSLR/MSM/BLK/FSD/Arachnid. Delivery date is blank - LA

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
This may be slightly off topic, but the Model X Plaid also got its red calipers removed on the design studio and webpage. It seems as if this change is real for the S/X. The strange thing is that the Model 3 Performance, and the Model Y Performance both retain their red calipers.
That does line up with the flyovers -- most of the cars we've been seeing looked like LR because there were no red calipers.

This may be slightly off topic, but the Model X Plaid also got its red calipers removed on the design studio and webpage. It seems as if this change is real for the S/X. The strange thing is that the Model 3 Performance, and the Model Y Performance both retain their red calipers.
Check it a day later- they will change something else...my plaid plus still is preparing me for delivery... don’t believe anything till comes out of Elon’s mouth or Twitter account lol