Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven't seen any Model S in the lot with red calipers only the prototypes that were in the wild. If it was an imaging mistake that's a lot of images being mistaken even the model x has the same mistakes.
View attachment 670789
That's why I'm leaning towards this change not being a mistake. I like the new depiction of the headlights, and the darker finish on the Tempests and Arachinids, and maybe you could say that this change makes for a more 'stealthy' look. Still, it's going to take some to get used to.

Reactions: Drew-MS and LiveSai
So what’s ur reasoning of model 3/y performance having received calipers and 120-140K car not having it? Lol
Honestly dono probably streamline production which tesla always did. They already removed the Plaid+. if they have their painting thing just black it would definitely save time and production cost. I don't believe they care about their customers that much.

Actually, I just thought of something: what if this is the new 'standard' Plaid, and there will be a 'Performance Upgrade package', or Track Pack that may or may not be announced at the delivery event. Maybe this would include that active spoiler we saw at Laguna Seca? Also maybe this could include those 200mph wheels as well...
Maybe this is why no one has a VIN yet? You get to choose which config you want at the event!
Probably not though lol

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I haven't seen any Model S in the lot with red calipers only the prototypes that were in the wild. If it was an imaging mistake that's a lot of images being mistaken even the model x has the same mistakes.
View attachment 670789
We have seen so many ridiculous issues with the website in the last few weeks that it seems foolish for us to rely on it to provide an accurate representation. Sometimes the cars in our accounts don’t have wheels and appear to be up on blocks. Other times, the cars randomly change colors or angles or disappear altogether.

Every Plaid test mule we have seen had red calipers. Why would they change that three days before the reveal? It makes no sense unless there is a global shortage of red paint. Seems unlikely! We will see soon enough.

This may be slightly off topic, but the Model X Plaid also got its red calipers removed on the design studio and webpage. It seems as if this change is real for the S/X. The strange thing is that the Model 3 Performance, and the Model Y Performance both retain their red calipers.
It’s very confusing. Hopefully we learn why on Thursday.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Rather unfortunate the change of wheels 3 days before “first deliveries”. I would’ve chosen the new wheels instead of Arachnid had they been available because the silver didn’t pair well with the Red. They pair 10x better on the Red car than the silver wheels did.
They’re the same wheels. The only difference is the silver aero caps are now black.. I was going to have the silver powder coated black and/or buy 20” TSportline.

Reactions: JimLL