Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Screenshot_1.png

MS LR range dropped by 7 miles, 412 ---> 405
"Must be the 4680s" -- Fanboys on Twitter 🤣

this night has been fun at the very least, I'm not disappointed I experienced this event live

What about the LR, it went from 412 to 405

Yeah instead of getting better specs, we got worse 😂 holy ****. Hire a COO please!

Now the website says 405 range, he said 412 in the presentation. For charging, website says 200 miles in 15 minutes, in the presentation he said 178 or something. What the ****. No one has any idea what they are doing.

Quite the low-key and understated comment. But, yeah, I want my MS Plaid too, but the way they do things and explain NOTHING with all HYPE and little substance (at least new stuff) is INFURIATING!
I’m not gonna lie, it was a bit disappointing. The whole situation has been aggravating so I’m just trying to stay positive..

At least those of us who will be waiting for months get to read all the stories of those who take delivery early. Might change some minds, might not.
This. Super excited I may not get car until Sept or October. Then I can see Yoke in action, how to shift, and see what works and does not and make an informed decision whether to punt or not.

I am going to defend Elon here. I think he is being genuine in everything he says. I think his speaking style is a mix of being out of breath (needs to lose weight) and being on the spectrum. There just wasn’t any particular reason for this event.
It just didn’t seem well planned. The most valuable car company in the world could have (should have) done better. I want to hear from Omar and Adam.

But when refresh hit in Jan it was advertise That it would be 412 miles an upgrade from the previous model S
Yeah, the Tesla & EPA range actually did go DOWN a bit...the MS Plaid w/ 21" wheels is now at 348mi instead of 350 mi. so basically the same there, so I suppose with a mix of highway, city and some "spirited" driving, you're probably looking at a 300-320mi real world average max battery range huh? And, I'm fine with this since I was used to a max 250 mi. in my previous Jaguar EV, but many people, especially Tesla fans may be disappointed that the range really isn't much better than before.

Reactions: HumanInput and EonR
Yeah instead of getting better specs, we got worse 😂 holy ****. Hire a COO please!

Now the website says 405 range, he said 412 in the presentation. For charging, website says 200 miles in 15 minutes, in the presentation he said 178 or something. What the ****. No one has any idea what they are doing.
There was never a logical reason for anyone to expect better specs from a car that was delayed by almost half a year due to production problems.

but yeah — Elon should do everyone a favor and hire someone normal and professional to run this company.