Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There was never a logical reason for anyone to expect better specs from a car that was delayed by almost half a year due to production problems.

but yeah — Elon should do everyone a favor and hire someone normal and professional to run this company.

Yeah but my point is, they changed this *sugar* so much and randomly that none of their numbers even match lol

Listening to his words, I think the Model S is on its last leg and the Roadster is in trouble. He basically stated the mission was to show that an EV was better in all ways than an ICE. Anyone feel more has to be done in this space with Model S? Roadster? Elon doesn't seem to think so.

mass production of EV is the next goal. Taking over the ICE space for shipping, subcompact, etc. Many on this forum have mentioned it before but after tonight, It is clear as day that Model S and I believe Roadster are dead. Get a MS while you can. They will be unique some day sooner than you think.

Blast off!

Pro driver: “Better than anything I’ve ever driven!”
Ohmster: “What have you driven?”
Pro driver: “Uhh…” 😂🤣

Great video of the performance, thanks for sharing!

Listening to his words, I think the Model S is on its last leg and the Roadster is in trouble. He basically stated the mission was to show that an EV was better in all ways than an ICE. Anyone feel more has to be done in this space with Model S? Roadster? Elon doesn't seem to think so.

mass production of EV is the next goal. Taking over the ICE space for shipping, subcompact, etc. Many on this forum have mentioned it before but after tonight, It is clear as day that Model S and I believe Roadster are dead. Get a MS while you can. They will be unique some day sooner than you think.

I don't think either car is going to be much of a hinderance to Tesla achieving it's goals. Producing a few thousand S a week is going to be nothing in the grand scheme of things as they build out more factories and increase capacity by orders of magnitude. This thinking that they're 'in trouble' is conspiracy theory non-sense.

In any case here's a lil test drive vid I found for anyone wanting to see some initial impressions:

I don't think either car is going to be much of a hinderance to Tesla achieving it's goals. Producing a few thousand S a week is going to be nothing in the grand scheme of things as they build out more factories and increase capacity by orders of magnitude. This thinking that they're 'in trouble' is conspiracy theory non-sense.

In any case here's a lil test drive vid I found for anyone wanting to see some initial impressions:

Totally agreed!

I think a lot of you have to recalibrate, you spent 6 months refreshing this forum and account multiple times a day. Literally nothing Elon could have done would have satisfied your appetite to be wow’d. The only thing he didn’t deliver on that I can noticeably tell was March delivery. With everything going on in the world I guess I’m more understanding than most?

Everyone up in arms talking about since there is no COO and going to buy Lucid, okay… Lucid won’t have scaling problems? Please. I’m excited for all the competition but similar to this event, you have to have realistic expectations. Lucid and Rivian coming out won’t be some overnight magic bullet.

As for why the event was late, Elon was flying in from Hawthorne (likely SpaceX):

Its not a matter of hinderance. Its a matter of investment and time of engineering and manufacturing resources. Take it or leave it.

Reactions: HumanInput
okay I guess the ANC is still there just might not be active at delivery

Attachments

• 1623389734711.png
    1623389734711.png
    94.7 KB · Views: 75
I think a lot of you have to recalibrate, you spent 6 months refreshing this forum and account multiple times a day. Literally nothing Elon could have done would have satisfied your appetite to be wow’d. The only thing he didn’t deliver on that I can noticeably tell was March delivery. With everything going on in the world I guess I’m more understanding than most?

Everyone up in arms talking about since there is no COO and going to buy Lucid, okay… Lucid won’t have scaling problems? Please. I’m excited for all the competition but similar to this event, you have to have realistic expectations. Lucid and Rivian coming out won’t be some overnight magic bullet.

As for why the event was late, Elon was flying in from Hawthorne (likely SpaceX):

That's a fan boy answer. I'm sure the car is great but he couldn't even stumble through the features in a manner that would tell us that. Awful. Like he had never seen the presentation before. SpaceX is his priority now, clearly. He needs to move on to that and let someone else take on Tesla