Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think a lot of you have to recalibrate, you spent 6 months refreshing this forum and account multiple times a day. Literally nothing Elon could have done would have satisfied your appetite to be wow’d.

Couldn’t disagree more. I didn’t need very much to be impressed—and definitely was so with V11! But, on what is launching as the world’s best production car ever made, I learned nothing that helps soothe the hurt from constant disappointments.

Like others here, I’m very much looking forward to taking delivery! But, in 3 years when it’s time to change, I don’t know if I’ll be getting in line for the Plaid+, Lucid, EQS, or something else. A lot of Tesla’s lead could erode away in 3 years.

Looks like the onboard charger is now built into the battery

1623390324021.png

That's a fan boy answer. I'm sure the car is great but he couldn't even stumble through the features in a manner that would tell us that. Awful. Like he had never seen the presentation before. SpaceX is his priority now, clearly. He needs to move on to that and let someone else take on Tesla
Have you never watched to one of his last 10 presentations? They’re. All. Like. This. What were you expecting different? You’re saying he should leave the company because of his presentation skills? That is absurd. It wasn’t a fan boy answer, it was a level headed answer. I’m just as excited as every one of you about to take delivery in the coming weeks to months. Each delivery event in the past was… just like this delivery event. You let other fanboys and influencers hype your expectations to unrealistic proportions.

The big allure to Elon & Tesla is it’s not “another” car company, he feels more human than most, it comes with flaws. You can’t have your cake and eat it too.

Listening to his words, I think the Model S is on its last leg and the Roadster is in trouble. He basically stated the mission was to show that an EV was better in all ways than an ICE. Anyone feel more has to be done in this space with Model S? Roadster? Elon doesn't seem to think so.

mass production of EV is the next goal. Taking over the ICE space for shipping, subcompact, etc. Many on this forum have mentioned it before but after tonight, It is clear as day that Model S and I believe Roadster are dead. Get a MS while you can. They will be unique some day sooner than you think.
Respectfully disagree. Will the Roadster, Cybertruck, Model S be huge revenue in drivers? Likely not. Will they be programs that allow Tesla to continue to innovate and stay a step ahead of the competition? Most certainly.

Most premium manufacturers have halo projects that get the tech advances first, and filter down to the more proletarian models. Plus those halo cars give the manufacturer street cred that filters down to the lowest model (that’s marketing for you).

Without the Roadster, CT and MS continued development Tesla in short order would be overtaken by the competition. And if there is one thing Elon won’t permit, it’s being an also ran.

I think a lot of you have to recalibrate, you spent 6 months refreshing this forum and account multiple times a day. Literally nothing Elon could have done would have satisfied your appetite to be wow’d. The only thing he didn’t deliver on that I can noticeably tell was March delivery. With everything going on in the world I guess I’m more understanding than most?

Everyone up in arms talking about since there is no COO and going to buy Lucid, okay… Lucid won’t have scaling problems? Please. I’m excited for all the competition but similar to this event, you have to have realistic expectations. Lucid and Rivian coming out won’t be some overnight magic bullet.

As for why the event was late, Elon was flying in from Hawthorne (likely SpaceX):
Uhhhh he flew in on a private plane that takes off whenever he feels like. Him being late is his own fault.

Quite a few things that he could have done to not make this event a complete dud. For starters he could have further clarified how the gear selection will work if you want to do it manually, instead he left it up to the user to go look for that info. He could have let everyone know if there has been any changes to the steering to accommodate a yoke.
Could have provided more details on the cooling improvements, does that only affect the motors? Is there better cooling for the battery?
That’s just off the top of my tired head.

Uhhhh he flew in on a private plane that takes off whenever he feels like. Him being late is his own fault.

Quite a few things that he could have done to not make this event a complete dud. For starters he could have further clarified how the gear selection will work if you want to do it manually, instead he left it up to the user to go look for that info. He could have let everyone know if there has been any changes to the steering to accommodate a yoke.
Could have provided more details on the cooling improvements, does that only affect the motors? Is there better cooling for the battery?
That’s just off the top of my tired head.
I don‘t disagree with you at all being late is his own fault.

How to do it manually has been documented in the past months ago when someone got to see a test mule, it’s in the how to videos now on the website, delivery advisors will be showing you. I’m sure you’ve seen the post about this since you’ve been active here.

Finding out more about driving experience with yoke would be nice sure, I just can’t think he can go through great detail about everything everyone would want. They went over the most important critical changes and foundational changes.

Reactions: HumanInput
I don‘t disagree with you at all being late is his own fault.

How to do it manually has been documented in the past months ago when someone got to see a test mule, it’s in the how to videos now on the website, delivery advisors will be showing you. I’m sure you’ve seen the post about this since you’ve been active here.

Finding out more about driving experience with yoke would be nice sure, I just can’t think he can go through great detail about everything everyone would want. They went over the most important critical changes and foundational changes.
Lots of things have been documented in the test mules... things that haven’t transferred over to the production model.

Respectfully disagree. Will the Roadster, Cybertruck, Model S be huge revenue in drivers? Likely not. Will they be programs that allow Tesla to continue to innovate and stay a step ahead of the competition? Most certainly.

Most premium manufacturers have halo projects that get the tech advances first, and filter down to the more proletarian models. Plus those halo cars give the manufacturer street cred that filters down to the lowest model (that’s marketing for you).

Without the Roadster, CT and MS continued development Tesla in short order would be overtaken by the competition. And if there is one thing Elon won’t permit, it’s being an also ran.
The CT is not in my discussion nor should it be. That utility has yet to be proven and frankly it is not Halo. CT is long term viable for Tesla but competition will come quickly as you stated.
On the current timeline Tesla will be overtaken in performance (range, speed) but not in charging infrastructure. Maybe pride plays but maybe he lets it go if his words mean anything. (Laughs from the back of the room Im sure). Its all tea leaves but you wanna pick the year Roadster drops?

• Funny
Reactions: Mr X and HumanInput