Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, no attachment points

The manual says it is available:

1623555859444.png

It would just be little arrows on the glass showing where to put the mounting hardware.

With deliveries becoming real, I wonder how long it’ll be before we see @Tsportline or another company create the Plaid Mode logo decal as an aftermarket option 🤩
Given Tesla sent cease and desist notices to all the aftermarket companies that were making Tesla logo and badge replicas, Or even that project the Tesla logo from the puddle light, I wouldn't expect them to anytime soon.

Given Tesla sent cease and desist notices to all the aftermarket companies that were making Tesla logo and badge replicas, Or even that project the Tesla logo from the puddle light, I wouldn't expect them to anytime soon.
Interesting. Seems to already be spreading, though not yet as a decal. With Alibaba, Etsy, eBay, and even Amazon third party listings, I think it’ll only be a matter of time before that is available to order as a decal like the Space X logo is.

@omarsultan @Atomadam ...Omar & Adam -- hoping you can provide a little more insight on this since you've both been driving your new MS Plaids around for a couple days now. Have you seen this video? Watch as the guy drives on the highway on-ramp toward the middle-end of the video and gets up to speed > 100mph.

I know I sound like a broken record here but GEEZ, those turns (even just a highway on-ramp right turn) look AWFULLY awkward and uncomfortable with the guy's left hand/arm going from the 9 o'clock position, holding on what seems to be his dear life to literally the 1-2 o'clock position without moving his hand a centimeter! It certainly doesn't look comfortable twisting your shoulder like that and in fact, I just "mock" tried it here in front of my computer...and it's not comfortable at all! I really think this yoke thing is a completely ridiculous idea dreamed up by a man-child wanting to play a video game instead of actually driving a 1,020 HP/TQ machine that can actually kill someone!

Unless people can figure a better way to maneuver that yoke steering wheel, I may have to figure a way to test-drive a new refresh MS Plaid before taking delivery and handing over a $146k check to Tesla! WTF were Elon and Franz thinking on that crazy thing for mass consumers?!?!?!?! Don't get me wrong, the car looks and seems amazing and I'm excited...but the yoke steering wheel may just be the biggest F-UP of the decade for Tesla!!!! 👎 🤬

May not be a problem with the proper training and skills.

Imagine doing that while pouring a glass of tea with your other hand.

I'm not afraid of yokes. Used them before.

Reactions: droopaloop
@legend_of_jim , @golfore has a LR and Plaid order. I assume his Plaid order got a VIN.

Also, people who are just ordering the plaid are getting VINs. Must be a pretty short list.

Note, if you want CF or white it seems like it'll be a two month wait. If not, perhaps you can get a plaid in like two weeks.

What about red? Should I believe the configurator that says June?

I'm going to roll the dice and hoping next quarter there will be a price drop.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Great, I’ll just hire “Bob” to drive me in my Tesla Model S Plaid. Oh wait, Bob has been dead for 35 years…never mind that genius idea. 🤪
Not that long, actually. You don't need Mr Hoover unless you need tea poured.

My point is that training can overcome man machine interface difficulties. Why not give others a chance to show us how?

@legend_of_jim , @golfore has a LR and Plaid order. I assume his Plaid order got a VIN.

Also, people who are just ordering the plaid are getting VINs. Must be a pretty short list.

Note, if you want CF or white it seems like it'll be a two month wait. If not, perhaps you can get a plaid in like two weeks.
I would rather get exactly what I ordered and what I want, even if it means an extra 4-6 week wait or whatever. You’ll be happier in the end by getting exactly what you really want instead of compromising on the exterior or interior color/trim combination.

I would rather get exactly what I ordered and what I want, even if it means an extra 4-6 week wait or whatever. You’ll be happier in the end by getting exactly what you really want instead of compromising on the exterior or interior color/trim combination.

Sure, I was just noting that there is a configuration that will allow you to get the car very soon. The order rate must be very low. But again, how many orders can there be on $130-140k cars. We aren't talking more than a few thousand for sure.

That LR backlog is probably 3 months long though.

I do wonder how many p100ds they sold.

@aerodyne - red what? We are talking about interiors that they've specifically called out. I also bet there will be a price drop by the end of q3

If it wasn’t for the wait, I’d switch to LR. Really hard to justify the price difference for the Plaid.

Also thanks to Omar for his willingness to share. I believe the yoke is a bit ill conceived but I’d like to give Omar a few days to adjust. I think U-turns are more problematic than emergency maneuvers. At over 45mph if you crank the wheel 180° you are already in a lot of trouble. Is the yoke complicated, surely someone here has had a Ferrari

I gave up on using the horn in the Ferrari unless my thumb was already on it. The first thought I had when I saw the Plaid horn was that I’ll never be able to hit that exact spot to use the horn in an emergency.

Last edited:
Reactions: dhanson865