Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The manual says it is available:

View attachment 672866

It would just be little arrows on the glass showing where to put the mounting hardware.
I stand corrected--had to dig out a bright flashlight to see the markings
IMG_0891.jpg

Along with a more detailed summary of the UI... not sure this was a step forward in an intuitive design. ;)

It seems the yoke is required to turn way more than 90 degrees - so much for all the fanboys faith that it would be variable ratio and never turn more than 90 degrees - believing doesn't make it so folks. I wonder how well that works when Navigate On AutoPilot turns it >90 degrees and the user has to emergency take over. The video clearly shows the confusing nature of the directional signals when the driver confuses the signals at ~4:45, and that's while all is calm, vs. changing lanes on a busy highway where taking eyes off the road to peck at tiny touch buttons doesn't seem like a good interface design. Of course good luck finding the horn button in an emergency.

Bottom line, it seems to be designed by video game designers, not automotive UI designers. It explains all the buttons as far away from the driver's line of sight as possible. The only thing that's missing is your health and number of lives left.

@omarsultan @Atomadam ...Omar & Adam -- hoping you can provide a little more insight on this since you've both been driving your new MS Plaids around for a couple days now. Have you seen this video? Watch as the guy drives on the highway on-ramp toward the middle-end of the video and gets up to speed > 100mph.

I know I sound like a broken record here but GEEZ, those turns (even just a highway on-ramp right turn) look AWFULLY awkward and uncomfortable with the guy's left hand/arm going from the 9 o'clock position, holding on what seems to be his dear life to literally the 1-2 o'clock position without moving his hand a centimeter! It certainly doesn't look comfortable twisting your shoulder like that and in fact, I just "mock" tried it here in front of my computer...and it's not comfortable at all! I really think this yoke thing is a completely ridiculous idea dreamed up by a man-child wanting to play a video game instead of actually driving a 1,020 HP/TQ machine that can actually kill someone!

Unless people can figure a better way to maneuver that yoke steering wheel, I may have to figure a way to test-drive a new refresh MS Plaid before taking delivery and handing over a $146k check to Tesla! WTF were Elon and Franz thinking on that crazy thing for mass consumers?!?!?!?! Don't get me wrong, the car looks and seems amazing and I'm excited...but the yoke steering wheel may just be the biggest F-UP of the decade for Tesla!!!! 👎 🤬
Totally agree. Unfortunately, I think there are enough of us out there who will simply adapt.

I have been on Swap a Lease and Leasetrader for hours over the last day or so looking for a short term commitment on a relatively new model S or X.

Reactions: sflgator
Omar,
I've kept my P90DL for six years now and nearly 100k miles which is much longer than normal for me. The whole reason for doing this was to keep the "+" or firmer suspension shipped with the original PDs (for the first four or five months???).

By chance have you driven an early PD and, if you have, can you provide some insight as to how stiff the car feels in comparison? From a different angle, can you comment on suspension stiffness in comparison to other performance Model S variants?

Thanks!

Reactions: DIL
Do you refresh your page more than three times an hour? Do you ever find yourself refreshing your page while sitting in your car at a stop light? Do you ever get anxious if there are more than 10 pages to review from your last refresh to your most current one? If you experience one or more of these symptoms, you may be suffering from Page Refresh Disorder, or PRD. Well, now there is some hope for relief. Talk to your doctor about treatments options for PRD...

OK, everyone, you fill in the rest of the commercial. I think we all need a little dose of treatment!

Totally agree. Unfortunately, I think there are enough of us out there who will simply adapt.

I have been on Swap a Lease and Leasetrader for hours over the last day or so looking for a short term commitment on a relatively new model S or X.
I was about to go down the swap lease path but my wife encouraged me to hold out so that my first Tesla is the refresh.

This group is awesome and I do want to be driving a Tesla so I don’t feel like I’m peeking over the fence at the cool kids. If I don’t have my LR by like November 1st I’m going to get a used one.

Not sure if there is a different thread for this but does anyone know anybody looking to unload a used 2021 Plaid????

I was about to go down the swap lease path but my wife encouraged me to hold out so that my first Tesla is the refresh.

This group is awesome and I do want to be driving a Tesla so I don’t feel like I’m peeking over the fence at the cool kids. If I don’t have my LR by like November 1st I’m going to get a used one.

Not sure if there is a different thread for this but does anyone know anybody looking to unload a used 2021 Plaid????
Check back with me in a few months. IF I take delivery soon and IF I hate the yoke, maybe I'll unload mine!

I would rather get exactly what I ordered and what I want, even if it means an extra 4-6 week wait or whatever. You’ll be happier in the end by getting exactly what you really want instead of compromising on the exterior or interior color/trim combination.
Holding here for CF

I ended up canceling my LR order on Friday and ordering the Plaid instead. I was beginning to regret adding FSD to the original order, so I removed that to offset the 10k price increase. I called the Tesla delivery center here in Portland and she said they do expect a shipment toward the end of the month. (Also was helpful to learn my original SA ended up retiring - was wondering why she was unreachable lately.)

Reactions: HumanInput
I am looking forward to the Yoke. Probably one of the main reasons in addition to a 150 mi. range enhancement to my decision to swap out my ‘17 MS, while losing my free unlimited supercharging and free unlimited premium connectivity.

I did not order my MSLR (MSM white/black FSD 19” wheels) until 3/8. Was 4-11 weeks, then August, blank for the last month with the “we will reach out to you language,” and today it has August again.

I can wait another two months if I need to. Let them get the kinks out. I really want XM so maybe they will get that fixed.

One point to look for on the glass windshield is whether there are heating elements adjacent to the front camera housing. I get condensation in the morning on nights I park outside with wide temperature swings. Makes Autopilot unavailable for the first few minutes those mornings. After a while Tesla had to clean the lens of the camera. A heater there would avoid problems.