Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK, brain trust, between screen refreshes, take a look at these two pics and tell me what you you think this is for. There is panel below the diffuser on the vehicle centerline. Removing it shows....nothing. Possible plans for a hitch receiver?

IMG_0870.jpeg

IMG_0871.jpeg

Maybe we could have a separate wiki thread strictly for the S LR models. Or perhaps there could be a “How to and info thread for the Plaid” and if necessary when the LR’s start getting delivered a similar thread for them.
It is a little cumbersome reading 10 pages every few hours to try and get a feel for the delivery timing of a LR by reading this “ordering, production, delivery” thread where 95% of the thread regards the Plaid only delivery and operation, statistics, etc.

I’m happy for the plaid people but really want to try to understand the LR delivery schedule.

Maybe we could have a separate wiki thread strictly for the S LR models. Or perhaps there could be a “How to and info thread for the Plaid” and if necessary when the LR’s start getting delivered a similar thread for them.
It is a little cumbersome reading 10 pages every few hours to try and get a feel for the delivery timing of a LR by reading this “ordering, production, delivery” thread where 95% of the thread regards the Plaid only delivery and operation, statistics, etc.

I’m happy for the plaid people but really want to try to understand the LR delivery schedule.
Great idea!

I think that's mostly because the plaid was the first to be delivered. I'm sure there's far more LR orders and when they start to be delivered, they will way outpace the plaid chatter

Not speaking for @Atomadam but the rest probably have lives :)

I do know one other driver up here in NOrCal that got car on Thursday, but he's not the social media type.
HAHA, not I'm no the social media type, but have been driving around a lot this weekend. I'm getting used to the yoke and whole auto shift, which i'm loving!

A spoiler will lower times (a little). More down force with given tires will give faster accelerations.

In a drag run, a spoiler isn't helping any passenger car. By the time you're going fast enough for it to work, you're already no longer limited by traction anyway.
Now on a full drag car, where you're fighting traction the entire run, sure, it will help. But even at the 9 second range, nah.

Obviously, the base price difference is $40k. But there is no reason why it needs to be an apples to apples comparison. I’m just saying if you had a fully loaded LR order and you decided the Plaid was more important to you, then you might be willing to give up some of the options you had chosen on the LR to move up to the Plaid. The price difference between a fully loaded LR and a base Plaid is only $22k. So, in my particular situation the extra amount for the Plaid is smaller than most would assume.

The base price difference is $50k.

If I configure A Blue / White Arachnids LR vs. a Plaid, its $87,990 vs. $137,990. Still the same price delta. Oh, and that's fully 56% more for a plaid than a LR. Just to make the acceleration from "quite fast, thanks" to "absolutely silly". No other features added.

Clickbait title. That's likely Randy Pobst driving that car vs. a bunch of well heeled owners (many of whom can drive). I know the organizer of that event and the guys were out having a lot of fun this weekend. But no one's pushing a car around that track like Randy. Have no idea how fast those guys were or weren't running. Not to mention that Plaid is stripped, race prepped and has aero for Pikes Peak. I mean, really.

Having said that, the car is freaking fast, no doubt about it. But I just hate super clickbait titles.

Well, they were doing that before for several years, so it’s not a question of can they since they’ve already proven they can. The only question is how long to ramp up to full production and how will supply constraints impact their production schedules.
Yea, BUT, they are not doing that now and have not done it up to date so what will make it any different next quarter?

OK, brain trust, between screen refreshes, take a look at these two pics and tell me what you you think this is for. There is panel below the diffuser on the vehicle centerline. Removing it shows....nothing. Possible plans for a hitch receiver?

View attachment 673267

View attachment 673268
Very probably a future hitch receiver, though it will be interesting to see if they offer one in the US. It is table stakes to offer a hitch in many European countries, so even the Model 3 can be equipped with one there, but the option is not offered in the US Model 3. The US 3s even have the cutout/panel for one, presumably to prevent tesla needing to have multiple parts.

*note: I’m one of those folks who installed a hitch on my M3P, mostly for bike rack purposes.

Last edited:

View attachment 673267

View attachment 673268
That's for drug smuggling. Nobody knows how to search a Tesla. Too confusing.