Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry for being lazy and not figuring this out myself: is there somewhere we are tracking VIN's? I know there is a decoder, but I am more interested in seeing how many people got VIN's and where they are coming from. The few I saw here by scanning through the pages were east coast. I vaguely recall hearing that EOQ delivery rushes usually start with the east coast and work back towards the rest of the country. Not sure if that's true, but maybe east coast starts first because it's the longest train ride?

In any case, I am in the Midwest and my SA's tell me they know nothing about deliveries. Not a good sign. I still have "June" in my dashboard.

Reactions: HumanInput
You miss the point.

The Plaid feature is of utmost importance on the tarmac of
- Ocean Drive,
- Bondi Beach,
- Côte d'Azur,
- Venice Beach,
- Dubai (all streets and malls),
- Copacabana and Ipanema,
-Sotchi and similar.

Let alone big boys drag strips and TopGear abandoned air strips.

And of course on the Nürnbergring.

How much you want to bet more than half the cars in those areas will be LR's with fake Plaid badges?

On second thought, the fact that you posted this means you're actually too smart to take that bet. LOL.

Very probably a future hitch receiver, though it will be interesting to see if they offer one in the US. It is table stakes to offer a hitch in many European countries, so even the Model 3 can be equipped with one there, but the option is not offered in the US Model 3. The US 3s even have the cutout/panel for one, presumably to prevent tesla needing to have multiple parts.

*note: I’m one of those folks who installed a hitch on my M3P, mostly for bike rack purposes.
Heck with a trailer hitch, I’d put a CO2 fire extinguisher with a small nozzle back there. Then say I have the SpaceX thrusters. It will be the EV version of flame throwers people add to their ICE exhaust. I see it now, I’d start selling kits. Yes, my wife say I may be 63 but for my mental age there is a decimal point between the 6 and 3

I think that it won't show up in your app until the car is delivered. I recall that when I got my Y (I already had an S), it did not appear until I picked it up. I think I looked before, but it is possible I was asleep at the switch.
On some of the delivery inspection guides it recommends that you remind the SA to mark the car delivered as it won't show up in the app until they do.