Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is another tangent (but hey this thread is one long tangent now), but would this be the kind of thing I would want to do on my used 2016 that came with some paint chips and stuff to restore it to like-new glory, or would that be a different process?
Looking a different process. Paint correction would not remove paint chips.

This is another tangent (but hey this thread is one long tangent now), but would this be the kind of thing I would want to do on my used 2016 that came with some paint chips and stuff to restore it to like-new glory, or would that be a different process?
It won't buff out paint chips but it'll def fix a lot of the swirl marks and generally restore a lot of the gloss.

STRONGLY disagree with this. Lets keep penalties where they belong, on the person who caused damage or loss of life. You let them start restricting your car by software, and before you know it we'll have government mandates that smart vehicles will throttle your speed. You could see no one able to exceed a speed limit by say 10%, if they are driving a vehicle with GPS and real time data tracking. No thank you.
TOTALLY agreed. 👍

Reactions: HumanInput
IDK how I feel about all these YouTube/Twitter personality "sources".

Remember the Twitter guy doing Clubhouse an hour before the Plaid event? All his "leaks" turned out false.
While most of the time I agree with you, Tesla Daily and his sources seem to be pretty bang on. Regardless, we only know of something for sure when Tesla officially announces it, so we always have to take something with a grain of salt.

Wonder how long before these guys see their cars 😄

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-06-15 at 2.34.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-15 at 2.34.02 PM.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 96
Maybe. My thoughts is there is going to be a rear-end redesign in the short term, before European cars are manufactured. That way they can fit a native CCS port.

BigTeslaGuy on reddit who leaked a bunch of stuff last year mentioned that the S was going to get a new rear end with "lots of light". He also leaked all the other stuff that did come true (such as 3 screens for S/X, heated steering wheel for 3/Y, metal scroll buttons for 3/Y, some other random stuff).
If so, it would have been appreciated if they did it PRIOR to the 10th. It sort of screws the folks who put their faith in Tesla and purchased the car before having real feedback about the smart shift, no stalks, the yoke, etc.
I hope it’s just an optional track package, not a redesign.

STRONGLY disagree with this. Lets keep penalties where they belong, on the person who caused damage or loss of life. You let them start restricting your car by software, and before you know it we'll have government mandates that smart vehicles will throttle your speed. You could see no one able to exceed a speed limit by say 10%, if they are driving a vehicle with GPS and real time data tracking. No thank you.
Yes, I agree. I thought about it and then I scratched that idea a few posts later 👍