Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m waiting for a Plaid. MSM, 21 in, cream, wood FSD. Delivery still indicates June 21-30. I am considering a radar detector but my installer said that window mounted units don’t work well in these cars due to metal embedded in the windshield. Anyone running radar detectors in a model S. I’m considering installing a unit mounted in the front grill. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
That is what an installer here in Houston has done - mounted under the front cut out for the bumper and on either side of the tailgate hatch. Video is focused on ceramic coating, but talk about the radar install. Edit: sorry for contributing to the off topic conversation :/

The Model S up until around 2016/2017 or so(?) had a heated windshield, but they stopped using that. That said, I thought I saw some text mentioning it again from Tesla... don't know if it's back now again.
I believe it is there.
Screen Shot 2021-06-15 at 2.42.53 PM.png

This will be my first time experiencing a high performance Tesla too. I tried a M3P for a test with a friend, but didn't give it the full beans. Very excited to be in the world's fastest production car in a matter of weeks/months. Right now, I drive a Volvo, so it's going to be an unbelievable change 🤩
Same here. Drive a 2011 Nissan Murano. First new car in 18 years. Been saving to do this for just under 4 years. Oh, performance car. Ridden in a few never drove one.

I’m waiting for a Plaid. MSM, 21 in, cream, wood FSD. Delivery still indicates June 21-30. I am considering a radar detector but my installer said that window mounted units don’t work well in these cars due to metal embedded in the windshield. Anyone running radar detectors in a model S. I’m considering installing a unit mounted in the front grill. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Remember that there will be an in-car occupant radar at some point, if not already, that could operate all the time. It was pointed out earlier in this thread that it's listed in the Model S Refresh manual. Low power, something like <0.7W. There are FCC documents on their website about it too. It could be an entirely different frequency to police radar though.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I fully expect some material upgrade to the car in the next 6 months--it is the Tesla way:
  • Parking sensors were added to the S the month after I took delivery
  • AP2 was added to the X 6 months after we took delivery
I have to admit I am a little irritated about the AP thing, but in general, I go the car I paid for, so doesn't bother me.

Not really. A button is a button. The old wheel had 6 buttons and 4 scroll directions. The new one has 8 buttons and 4 scroll directions.
It doesn't really matter that the buttons are blinkers.
The haptic thing might be hard to emulate, but even that isn't rocket science.
The difference is that the old wheel buttons controlled nothing so important that using it couldn't wait while you made a turn, and the horn was a big fat center pad you could hit while the wheel is turning if needed. . The new one controls turn signals and the horn is a much smaller target. I am less clear on the advantages/disadvantages of the change in the controls for cruise control/AP -- I have never used the ones in Model 3 or Y.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid