Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Omar you're so nice. I wouldn't let anyone drive my car, let alone get anywhere near it if I was you. You were chosen for a reason😃
Thx - I jsut let him crawl around the car for a couple of hours while I worked. I did do the launches--you can hear me laughing in the background. :)

Thx - I jsut let him crawl around the car for a couple of hours while I worked. I did do the launches--you can hear me laughing in the background. :)
More regarding active aero

Rear windshield for cars without active aero

MS BACKLITE ASY P2 NO ACTIVE AERO

1623780608586.png

If you look at the photo of the MS with active aero, the rear windshield bottom corner looks more squared off than rounded

1623780716529.png

1623780732624.png

I'm digging through the EPC for any interesting information and this caught my eye

Charge port assembly is labeled "interim"

HV INLET,ASY,NA INTERIM,SX,P2

Just another small tidbit of info that supports my theory that the rear-end is getting a redesign shortly.
As others have mentioned, maybe Tesla will be offering an optional ‘track package’ which may include; active spoiler, red calipers, the 200mph wheels, etc.
Just speculation.

As others have mentioned, maybe Tesla will be offering an optional ‘track package’ which may include; active spoiler, red calipers, the 200mph wheels, etc.
Just speculation.

Maybe. My thoughts is there is going to be a rear-end redesign in the short term, before European cars are manufactured. That way they can fit a native CCS port.

BigTeslaGuy on reddit who leaked a bunch of stuff last year mentioned that the S was going to get a new rear end with "lots of light". He also leaked all the other stuff that did come true (such as 3 screens for S/X, heated steering wheel for 3/Y, metal scroll buttons for 3/Y, some other random stuff).

Maybe. My thoughts is there is going to be a rear-end redesign in the short term, before European cars are manufactured. That way they can fit a native CCS port.

BigTeslaGuy on reddit who leaked a bunch of stuff last year mentioned that the S was going to get a new rear end with "lots of light". He also leaked all the other stuff that did come true (such as 3 screens for S/X, heated steering wheel for 3/Y, metal scroll buttons for 3/Y, some other random stuff).
Sigh, WHEN is the problem. Would love to have it but it could come out end of 2022 or even 2023.

Wouldn't that just make everyone buying the Plaid/LR extremely confused, and slow down production yet again?

How would it confuse anyone? They just switch production and all the new ones are now different.

Tesla has made big changes shortly after major changes.

Early 2016 they refreshed the MS front-end. It had AP1. There were a ton of invisible changes too, the parts catalog considers this a new model. This refresh is the third generation of Model S.
Little bit later in the year they released the P100D.
Shortly after that, they released AP2.

Strange thing was at the Airport i fly out of Elon had a red plaid (old badge) with red calipers . It looked great so i'm not sure why he would get rid of them.
My guess is they’re saving them for the performance package later down the road which will include the spoiler we’ve seen at Laguna Seca and the the CF diffuser. Either that or a parts shortage, but I don’t think that’s the case because the Y and 3 still include them.

How would it confuse anyone? They just switch production and all the new ones are now different.

Tesla has made big changes shortly after major changes.

Early 2016 they refreshed the MS front-end. It had AP1.
Little bit later in the year they released the P100D.
Shortly after that, they released AP2.
When do you think this would happen? Because according to some rumors, the euro Model S ships this October...

This is next level sleuthing man, well done! Also this (and your prior post) are making me seriously consider waiting a bit. This is always the challenge with Tesla and their iterative changes. Ugh. Would waiting be worth +$10,000 (or more) bump in price though if it meant getting some cooler stuff in 3-6 months? 🤔
Precisely why I’ll keep deferring delivery. If it becomes standard, I think I’m fine. If it is an option, then I’ll be screwed as a new order will need to be placed and then I’ll be subject to current pricing.

Tesla’s AI should limit power in certain scenarios (side streets etc) and let it all out when conditions permit. But I know some folks won’t want any part of that lol.
STRONGLY disagree with this. Lets keep penalties where they belong, on the person who caused damage or loss of life. You let them start restricting your car by software, and before you know it we'll have government mandates that smart vehicles will throttle your speed. You could see no one able to exceed a speed limit by say 10%, if they are driving a vehicle with GPS and real time data tracking. No thank you.