Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just spoke to my SA. He didn’t know much. But I asked him when my LR would be done. He didn’t know. I asked him if even a single LR had been delivered nationwide. He said he didn’t think so. I asked him how many folks in Utah (where I’m from) ordered a MS LR. He said 60 give or take. He said the mountain west will get some after Californian and the east coast 😡.

Additionally guys, here is a very interesting Motor Trend article that states that the Arachnids ARE indeed the 200mph wheels and tires. My guess is that the ZeroG wheels can also do 200, but are much more track-focused:

Yes, the hubcaps are only rated to 155mph. 🤣

If this article is accurate, then the Arachnids may indeed be forged and not cast as some have speculated.

This makes absolutely no sense unless Tesla is worried about new Plaids getting tested on YouTube and underperforming the marketing numbers. Are they trying to tweak the acceleration profile or performance aspects of the car? The cars that have already been delivered don’t appear to have any safety issues, or the buyers would have been contacted. I can’t believe a software update is going to holdup the delivery of EOQ Plaids. This makes no sense in true Tesla style!

Guys, if they put another 250 Plaids on the road, the chances of a Plaid Mode Spontaneous Combustion Event would increase 250x as well. Thats why they are holding off for now. Bless Omar and Adam for being so brave!

Agreed - and you may want to stay away from their cars for the next week or two - just sayin'

Guys, if they put another 250 Plaids on the road, the chances of a Plaid Mode Spontaneous Combustion Event would increase 250x as well. Thats why they are holding off for now. Bless Omar and Adam for being so brave!
I seriously doubt it's any issues with the battery. Probably more likely that its software tweaks that are easier to do before the cars are delivered, but possible to do OTA.

Here is the taper on an SC session 62% to 90%. I was planning to running it down further, but that didn't have time. Ignore the drop-off at the end, data collection bug.

View attachment 674520

I know this was 40 pages ago but... I tried to mimic Omar's 62-90% charge on my '17 P100D this morning. I don't have that specific app just old fashioned pen and paper (ok,ok, notepad on the phone LOL) but I came up with-

62-90% @ 25 minutes starting at 75kWh. It was down to 35kWh at 90%. Current 90% range is 250ish and 100 is only 278 :(

I was surprised it was that close, however.... With my range I only added 78 miles in that time while if I did the math with the numbers we know from the Plaid it added around 110 miles... That's a big difference to me as I plan on traveling with the car.

*2017 P100D with 61k miles. Bought used just over a year ago with 45k so supercharge usage is unknown. Outside temp 80 degrees. V2 charger.

Last edited:
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I don't understand what's going on other than someone's suggestion that white is on some kind of backorder. We're seeing all these VIN"s being assigned for orders well after others. But the theme of black interior does seem to be true so far as the only kind they are delivering right now so far. With my luck I'll get a vin and delivery date while I'm on vacation.

1142xxxx Late Nov 2020, blue/white FSD ....still have nothing on delivery in my order page- blank after a brief June1-30 stint maybe 1 month ago. Otherwise been blank a long, long time.
CF or wood. I think it's important people add that when they describe their order.