Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know, but maybe they are still bringing all the cars that have been sitting at Fremont for the last 3 months up to the current software.
There are also cases where you might have to manually update a module due to some overlooked weird interaction. Tesla does a great job of not making changes that cut themselves off from future changes, but in software it is possible to "brick" a module accidentally if your update mechanism isn't as reliable as you want it to be.

Like when I broke the electronic power steering when I was hacking a 2016 honda civic. But I digress.

Just personally saw 4 Plaids being prepped for delivery! All were dark colors, cream interiors with wood and had Arachnids.

A few quick observations: Screens are super high res, front and back side windows are double paned, trunk has alcantera lining at top of rear view window and is finished with carpet around auto button (nice touch instead of usual hard plastic), there is a permanent protective plastic film applied on the side panels behind the rear wheel wells (to prevent rock chipping), no power assisted closing doors

Last edited:
MT charging and range test

"As for Tesla's claim of adding 187 miles of range in 15 minutes of charging time, it is pretty dead-nuts accurate with a Model S Plaid. (At least with the standard 19-inch Tempest wheels.)"

Further down you can see that in the sweet spot of the charge curve, it adds 48kwh in 15 minutes!

So I got the call on Thursday to switch order from CF to wood. The person said it would push my delivery up to hopefully before EoQ or at least within the next few weeks. This morning I had blank delivery. Now it’s saying August…..WTF..!!! I hope this is an error, or I would t of switched to the wood…

anyone else see this as well?
I learned something new in the past 24 hours regarding ‘lack of transparency’ changing orders from CF to wood. It wasn’t clear (at least not to me) that making the change is essentially like starting from scratch. Even though the RN number stays the same, the account gets updated with a new date: ‘Order placed with electronically accepted terms.’ This new date (the date the change was made) is treated the same as someone who places a brand new order on that date. I’m guessing that some of the SA aren’t even aware of this. So to sum it up; changing from CF to wood solely for faster delivery may or may not be faster after all.
You can probably switch back to CF at this point. If you prefer CF.

Just personally saw 4 Plaids being prepped for delivery! All were dark colors, cream interiors with wood and had Arachnids.

A few quick observations: Screens are super high res, front and back side windows are double paned, trunk has alcantera lining at top of rear view window and is finished with carpet around auto button (nice touch instead of usual hard plastic), there is a permanent protective plastic film applied on the side panels behind the rear wheel wells (to prevent rock chipping)
Sweet! Is this in San Diego?!

I learned something new in the past 24 hours regarding ‘lack of transparency’ changing orders from CF to wood. It wasn’t clear (at least not to me) that making the change is essentially like starting from scratch. Even though the RN number stays the same, the account gets updated with a new date: ‘Order placed with electronically accepted terms.’ This new date (the date the change was made) is treated the same as someone who places a brand new order on that date. I’m guessing that some of the SA aren’t even aware of this. So to sum it up; changing from CF to wood solely for faster delivery may or may not be faster after all.

IDK man no one knows. I've asked tons of different Tesla people and all told me it didn't change my place in line. We also know none of them have any idea either lol.

A few quick observations: Screens are super high res, front and back side windows are double paned, trunk has alcantera lining at top of rear view window and is finished with carpet around auto button (nice touch instead of usual hard plastic), there is a permanent protective plastic film applied on the side panels behind the rear wheel wells (to prevent rock chipping)
Pics?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid