Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can someone link me to some photos on black interior deliveries? I found one before but lost it... Searching 'black interior' on this thread and not finding anything also.

Thanks.
Here are @Atomadam ’s pics of his black interior Plaid

Totally agreed! 🙂
GM is still stuck in the dinosaur past. As you can tell I am a big fan of the Corvette but they just haven't innovated enough to make the car special. And that probably won't change either. The mid engine should have happened 5 years ago. They are a day late and a dollar short. I want a Roadster!

GM is still stuck in the dinosaur past. As you can tell I am a big fan of the Corvette but they just haven't innovated enough to make the car special. And that probably won't change either. I want a Roadster!
The Roadster will be next level! I'm just hoping and praying that they make the SpaceX package optional.🙂

GM is still stuck in the dinosaur past. As you can tell I am a big fan of the Corvette but they just haven't innovated enough to make the car special. And that probably won't change either. The mid engine should have happened 5 years ago. They are a day late and a dollar short. I want a Roadster!

To be honest, if I dont get the Model S, the c8 corvette would be top 3 in my choices, that thing is gorgeous and looks like a ferrari going down the street.

HOWEVER - 1) you cant get the damn thing and 2) what the hell were they thinking when they made those massive holes in the radiator grille where rocks and *sugar* are just destroying them!

Is that the new record for the most patient man on this forum? :D
Initially had to return a S within the seven day window because of internal noise. Then after a long wait my DA canceled delivery the night before citing a crack in the glass roof. They offered to postpone the delivery for a week to replace the roof. I said no thanks. I was again scheduled for delivery a week before battery day and I requested a suspension because rumors of a refresh were getting louder by the day. So after 12 months, here I am. In the meantime I purchased a BMW and sold it because I found it boring and uninspiring after a few years of Tesla life. COVID helped out cope with the delays because of WFH. So if I can stay patient anyone can.

To be honest, if I dont get the Model S, the c8 corvette would be top 3 in my choices, that thing is gorgeous and looks like a ferrari going down the street.

HOWEVER - 1) you cant get the damn thing and 2) what the hell were they thinking when they made those massive holes in the radiator grille where rocks and *sugar* are just destroying them!

Oh I totally agree. The exterior and interior of the C8 is flat out awesome. Like the best looking corvette ever hands down. It really is Ferrari like. I had my heart set on the c8 Z06 until Elon said he had a car that could do low 9's @ 155 mph. I am all in on American technology, jobs, innovation, etc.

My favorite part about the C8 is all the buttons next to the cup holder. I will never understand this decision.
A3A4FFB4-7323-49C7-8C5B-FB82068D6E15.jpeg

Do you think it'll actually come out? I'm sensing a bit of a cybertruck vibe from it...
Well Elon keeps talking about it, and last we heard, Tesla was finishing the engineering of the Roadster this year, hoping to have a drivable release candidate by the end of the summer. Then production is supposed to start next year. Apparently, development of the 4680 battery cells, and most importantly the tri-motor powertrain were important steps to production.

Reactions: Tigers
My favorite part about the C8 is all the buttons next to the cup holder. I will never understand this decision.
View attachment 675561

They should just make the screen larger and put them on there.

Also - if the roadster is out by 2023 ill be stunned. They have bigger fish to fry with the semi, cybertruck, re-platforming the Model Y (and maybe the 3). I just dont see them putting out more than one new vehicle per year. At the moment, I do believe the cybertruck will be next, but not until late 2022. I think Semi is probably 2023 and roadster in 2024.

Last edited:
Well Elon keeps talking about it, and last we heard, Tesla was finishing the engineering of the Roadster this year, hoping to have a drivable release candidate by the end of the summer. Then production is supposed to start next year. Apparently, development of the 4680 battery cells, and most importantly the tri-motor powertrain were important steps to production.
Also, it MUST come out, as people who reserved the Founder's Edition Roadster had to put down all $250,000 in 2017 (which was non refundable.) Additionally, they also have 80 Roadsters they have to give away, to people who won with the referral program.