Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fair, fair. I also seem to be the only one that cares about it regardless lol.
I feel the about the tilting screen and ANC. But not as passionate as you are. The tilting screen and ANC push me to buy a Model S instead of a Model Y. But knowing that they are available but not yet active still has me looking forward to getting my car. I have problems keeping my speed under the speed limit with my truck so the acceleration is going to be great but not the main reason I bought a LR. I am happy to see that the Plaid owners are getting the acceleration that they desire.

If only we could get ALL of the Plaid orders delivered this month. So the LR buyers could get their cars delivered in July and August. I think we all would be happier.

"Once ready and in its cheetah stance, the Model S Plaid's launch is drama-free, even without the added advantage of VHT. The electric car accelerates from 0 to 60 mph in just 2.07 seconds, more than 0.2 second quicker than our previous record holder. And if we could have kept going, our data says it's capable of running through the quarter mile in 9.34 seconds at 152.2 mph.
The gap between the Model S' times on prepped and unprepped surfaces is astonishingly close, as just 0.09 second separates them to 60 mph."

It's not 2.28 it's 1.98 on a vht and 2.08 on an unprepped surface.
2.07 on an unprepped surface with rollout subtracted; 2.28 without. Interestingly enough, that's exactly the same time posted by Motortrend 5 years ago with the P100D, but the P100D's time was with rollout subtracted. Shows how far Tesla has come with their performance to be able to do a standing start (w/o rollout) 0-60 with the Plaid in the same time as their previous P100D did WITH rollout subtracted.

Here are a few, yah its a little dirty I have kids...lemme know if you want more. You can see the mats fit in the front, but the rear mat does not fit correctly, but im using it anyway for now.

Attachments

• IMG_0879.jpeg
    IMG_0879.jpeg
    604.4 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_0880.jpeg
    IMG_0880.jpeg
    544.5 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_0881.jpeg
    IMG_0881.jpeg
    536.9 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_0882.jpeg
    IMG_0882.jpeg
    445.7 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_0883.jpeg
    IMG_0883.jpeg
    650.7 KB · Views: 118
I would give (first born? left arm? you decide?) to know the charging curve. I'm flying halfway across the country to pick up the Plaid in my home state of Illinois, with the hope that it can be driven back to California, where I am temporarily, in two days (like my M3) instead of three days (like my MX).
That is my big project this weekend--run the car down to ~30% and capture the charging curve at a 250kW charger. Sometime in the next couple of days.

That is my big project this weekend--run the car down to ~30% and capture the charging curve at a 250kW charger. Sometime in the next couple of days.
Ahhhh, thank you so much! I'm trying to balance logistics of getting my fun new car with my obligation to run a company, so if it was going to be three days, I'd probably have to leave it in IL for a while as my soul slowly dies. Like others, very appreciative that you've shared your time here.

There are two different types of tracks, drag strip and road course. ONLY the dragstrip has the limits on speed, and a track pack (Except for the demon) is for road racing with bigger brakes, better cooling, bigger wings etc. Tesla will not make a roll cage, fire system and require owners to have NHRA drivers licenses, but 'could' easily have an after market type track pack like they have with the 3.
It's gonna need a parachute too for the over 150mph trap

SA told me not to expect delivery of Plaid in June and said Tesla is currently prioritizing the west coast and no Vins have been assigned in the east coast. Obviously, this shows you how much info SAs actually have access to lol
It’s so bizarre.. How can that SA not know that VINS were recently assigned to plaid’s in NY and MA...don’t they have computers ? Ha