Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Feeling naive here - how can you tell? I know the vin decoder and whatnot, so is it just that folks know the sequence numbers for the start of refresh were in the 400k range? Very curious, so I can avoid accepting a dust covered, rat filled, temporary lot jalopy. :)
Some had protective covering as you can see from one of the pictures, while 2 black ones (not in the picture) were absolutely filthy covered in dust

are the Model S doors frameless like the Model 3?
They were previously frameless and dropped. Looks like that continues.
Screen Shot 2021-06-23 at 2.16.06 PM.png

Currently arguing with Tesla Text Bot. It is attempting to charge me 10,000 to switch from CF to Wood Trim. I know there are people on this site who have made the change free of fee. Could any of you please reply to this message so I can use your case as ammunition to argue the policy isnt being universally applied?
the chatbot is useless, it ended my convo on me in jan back before I ordered when I asked if it was a beta of deepmind as the responses were just too automated

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
If the 21s had a 35 sidewall tire like the prior 21s, then I’d probably go for it.
It’s not the $4500; I just can’t do it with 295-30s.

I mostly agree and wish there was a 20“ option, but really the sidewall is only around 0.2“ less or about 5% different (3.7 to 3.5) so probably not too much different than the prior 21‘s.

The 30 and 35 are just ratios and the actual height will change based on the width. This is just one side of the sidewall:
Previous 21: 265x0.35=92.75mm
Current 21: 295x0.30=88.5mm

So you lose approx 1/3 of an inch total on height of the wheel. These will not do any worse on potholes than previous 21's.

This was asked hundred of pages back but @omarsultan or anyone else - are the Model S doors frameless like the Model 3? Does the window drop when opening the door? Really hoping Tesla has learned its lesson about winter weather, frozen handles, and frozen windows...

They have to retract to engage/disengage from the seal. Don't most manufacturers design this way. It gives a better seal on the door.

I thought the issue with the 19" wheels is "what color is the underlying alloy wheel?" It appears that some observers have noted that the wheel cover has changed color from silver to grey, but I have not seen anything that addresses the wheel color itself changing from silver.

How about some of you 19" wheel guys popping the cover and tell us what's underneath?

Vistan
There's only 1 problem with your request... Since none have been delivered yet, there are no 19" wheel guys lol.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
They have to retract to engage/disengage from the seal. Don't most manufacturers design this way. It gives a better seal on the door.

Not sure if you are in frostbite country or not... but you end up with such a good seal that the window often freezes into the door AND freezes upright without being able to retract. Get the door open, you still have to get it closed without damaging the window or doorframe. It's been a real annoyance for me for the past three winters...

I'm hoping that at least the self-presenting handles have been upgraded to punch out through ice. I believe they added that a couple years back.