Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
right, here is the page from the manual for reference:

View attachment 677034
Both the 19s and 21s have the same offset: 40mm front and 45mm rear.
If I find aftermarket 20" wheels with a different offset (let's say 35mm,) can I just use a 5mm spacer for the front and a 10mm spacer in the rear ? Or do I need to make sure the aftermarket wheels have the same offset as the Tesla wheels ?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
This whole concept of winter and summer tires is foreign to some of us. In Southern California, summer tires are all season tires. I’m sure it is similar in South Florida and other Southern states. Driving a plaid in the snow with win’t er tires definitely makes the LR more appealing, since you will really only be able to utilize the extra performance a few months out of the year in some areas.
Yeah I get that. I lived in Arizona for 23 years. But where I am now, summer tires become mostly unusable after November, and stays that way until March. A quick search did not find a lot of all weather options for the arachnids. This may be extremely inconvenient.

This whole concept of winter and summer tires is foreign to some of us. In Southern California, summer tires are all season tires. I’m sure it is similar in South Florida and other Southern states. Driving a plaid in the snow with winter tires definitely makes the LR more appealing, since you will really only be able to utilize the extra performance a few months out of the year in some areas.
Many of us who ordered with 19s plan to get aftermarket wheels. Northeast winters can be nasty so I'll put winter tires on the 19s.

This whole concept of winter and summer tires is foreign to some of us. In Southern California, summer tires are all season tires. I’m sure it is similar in South Florida and other Southern states. Driving a plaid in the snow with winter tires definitely makes the LR more appealing, since you will really only be able to utilize the extra performance a few months out of the year in some areas.
One snowflake ❄️ and they close all schools here, I don’t even think you could buy winter tires here.

Very true. To be honest I wish they just offered Arachnids in 19". I don't like the look of the Tempest, but I also don't want a 21" low profile wheel. If they just made smaller arachnids I'd be all over that.
TSportline makes a 20" Arachnid style for the prior S. Hopefully they're in the process of making the right size to fit the refresh
I would argue you aren’t ”getting it all “ with 19’s. like wearing Birkenstocks with a tuxedo because they are more comfortable.
Feeling confident they'll have it sorted in the next month or less.

Odd questions for everyone - I snooped on the delivery lot, and found my car. I did order prior to the $10k increase... All my docs look right ie. build, lease docs, etc. with the FSD. But, the Window Sticker does not call out FSD. But since FSD is $10k and ordered before the $10k increase, nets out. So is the window sticker showing the new pricing and $10k FSD is what makes up the different so my docs match, but the sticker won't match the sale docs cause the price increase? Hope that makes sense.

Odd questions for everyone - I snooped on the delivery lot, and found my car. I did order prior to the $10k increase... All my docs look right ie. build, lease docs, etc. with the FSD. But, the Window Sticker does not call out FSD. But since FSD is $10k and ordered before the $10k increase, nets out. So is the window sticker showing the new pricing and $10k FSD is what makes up the different so my docs match, but the sticker won't match the sale docs cause the price increase? Hope that makes sense.
Does the monroney sticker call out FSD? Do not remember my old one.

We don’t get much snow here but it’s the ice that really shuts things down. 30 minutes in my garage and I swap on the winter wheel/tires. The winter tires are also better in the rain that we are known to get a bit of. I figure $2,000 is worth it to have them here and ready to go, the copycat Slipstreams look pretty good also

Attachments

• 5CD4CCA5-5AB5-436D-B59C-6C65A81F5614.jpeg
    5CD4CCA5-5AB5-436D-B59C-6C65A81F5614.jpeg
    203.6 KB · Views: 52
So for the people who made a change like 19’s to 21’s or a color change, how did you do this? I don’t really have an SA so nobody specific to contact. I would take pretty much any Plaid frankly.
Try to call the SC that you selected for delivery in your order and ask to speak to an SA to work with your order and then ask them to match you with anything that becomes available.

Monroney does NOT call out FSD, but in "my account" it does under configuration...
Sorry, that was more of a generic question than your specific case. Think I understand your scenario and trying to figure out if lacking FSD on the sticker will make a difference. Trying to find the sticker someone posted today. But there’s just a few pages of posts.

• Funny
Monroney does NOT call out FSD, but in "my account" it does under configuration...
Further, the Monroney has the new higher price, but no FSD. I'll trust the docs in "my account" and the alignment between those docs and the lease agreement all match. Unless someone tell me to try and fix the Monroney first and I'll be up *sugar* creek without the Sticker matching to my config and price.... But I'm guessing the Stickers are generic as they don't know which owner is taking the car at the time it's printed.

Further, the Monroney has the new higher price, but no FSD. I'll trust the docs in "my account" and the alignment between those docs and the lease agreement all match. Unless someone tell me to try and fix the Monroney first and I'll be up *sugar* creek without the Sticker matching to my config and price.... But I'm guessing the Stickers are generic as they don't know which owner is taking the car at the time it's printed.
Agreed. Especially since FSD is literally a software push / flip of a switch.

Think you are good.

You go to pick up your car. You realize right away that the exterior doesn't look like a brand new car. Maybe it was sitting for a while and it's certainly not beautifully polished etc. Of course you can ask them to make it right and you'll take it but let's say that's not an option.
Do you:
1. Take delivery and just have the car detailed yourself OR
2. Decline delivery and wait for another car

I'd definitely take delivery. Would anyone here decline ?
I guess it's nothing paint correction can't fix, right?