Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven’t seen this shared earlier, so I took a quick video of the adaptive headlights in action. I really love these on the car! Almost all my ICE cars have had them and I have been waiting for Tesla to adopt them as well!

(I mean I think these are new because I don’t recall this happening on my Model 3 or Y or any of the previous S’es)

View attachment 677462

This is similar to the adaptive headlights in 2016.5 and on. When you turn the wheel, it activated a new bank of LEDs. This seems to be an improvement as it is a greater difference.

Tesla website now says tempest wheel deliveries begin in August. What the absolute ****
51571A54-C2F7-4857-A544-99C81830D715.png

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I think this is a fantastic idea. I was thinking the same thing actually! Any ideas how to make that request?

Under driving dynamics they list Performance so I was thinking it could be started there. I was wondering if @omarsultan would do us the honor of starting it if he so chooses since he has been just friggin' awesome this whole time and has given us the first real world numbers on this 1020HP Beast.

I have a lot to say about my Ludi's current performance but obviously this is not the place. All I know is I need a Plaid bad!

Last edited:
Random question - so as I await the Plaid - I did a trade in offer on my 2020 Tahoe with low milage and I received what I think was a fair offer. But given the crazy shortages I could probably do better. If and when the monkey gives me the opportunity to pay, if I found a better sale price for the Tahoe, could I waive off the trade in or is it back of the line city?
I have read that prices for used cars are showing signs of topping out. It's been a crazy ride and IMHO we are overdue for a correction. I am not an expert in the supply chain but I assume that those issues will be sorted out rather sooner, too.

Used Vehicle Value Index

Attachments

• ManheimUsedVehicleValueIndex-LineGraph.png
    ManheimUsedVehicleValueIndex-LineGraph.png
    307.7 KB · Views: 69
I have 19"s on my order, I am ready to cave in and get 21", then I check my account and it went from blank to June. I am so confused.
Same boat. I have to sell my current 2020 Model S performance and don't want to wait because the used car market is thriving right now but it could crash any time. Better sooner than later. Cannot decide. I am still on June delivery for 4th day in a row but honestly, that does not mean *sugar*

Got my VIN yesterday!!! First time Tesla owner here so beyond ecstatic. White Plaid on 21’s, Black interior, Ebony Decor, FSD. I ordered a Plaid plus on Battery Day, changed to Plaid on 6/9/21. I originally had CF interior and kept getting June, July and blank delivery dates. Last week I changed my trim to Ebony due to the CF delay. The next day I received a June delivery estimate. I woke up this morning an to my surprise I had a VIN with a June 30-July 3 delivery. I hope to get a call today to confirm. Sadly, I’m going on Vacation for 3 weeks starting 6-29 so I’m pretty bummed. Will keep you guys updated!

Got my VIN yesterday!!! First time Tesla owner here so beyond ecstatic. White Plaid on 21’s, Black interior, Ebony Decor, FSD. I ordered a Plaid plus on Battery Day, changed to Plaid on 6/9/21. I originally had CF interior and kept getting June, July and blank delivery dates. Last week I changed my trim to Ebony due to the CF delay. The next day I received a June delivery estimate. I woke up this morning an to my surprise I had a VIN with a June 30-July 3 delivery. I hope to get a call today to confirm. Sadly, I’m going on Vacation for 3 weeks starting 6-29 so I’m pretty bummed. Will keep you guys updated!
Congrats!

Woke up... Still no VIN.

Happy but very frustrated to see others who ordered after me getting VINs. Trying to keep a level head but growing ever impatient.
Hang in there. Looking at your information, it appears that the white interior might be the only thing holding up your order. We are seeing that a few cars with Red paint or white interior are being delivered. So we are seeing some movement. One option is to inform your SA that you would be willing to take a car with black interior if you could get an earlier delivery. A couple of people have change tires and got VINS. The same might happen if you change your interior option. Do you want a Model S or do you want YOUR Model S?

We all know that Tesla has some problems with customer service but we also know that Tesla make great cars. Today's forum has me optimistic that I will get MY Model S in a few weeks. I still believe that my car will be worth the wait. I really appreciate the information that other people have shared after their deliveries. Someday you will be telling people "I survived the Model S Refresh Delivery of 2021". This is a challenge for someone to reply with a tee shirt design.

Under driving dynamics they list Performance so I was thinking it could be started there. I was wondering if @omarsultan would do us the honor of starting it if he so chooses since he has been just friggin' awesome this whole time and has given us the first real world numbers on this 1020HP Beast.

I have a lot to say about my Ludi's current performance but obviously this is not the place. All I know is I need a Plaid bad!
byeLT4
now owns
"Plaid is Bad"