Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same. Changed to June after being blank for a week or so.
The problem is I saw just 1 car with tempest wheels in the latest drone video and even that was MSM exterior and silver tempest. I don't think they are even manufacturing the 19" wheels at all. May be because they're busy handing them out to model Ys on their lot. After all this was always Tesla's thing, ****ing around with people who were paying twice the money for a car that had literally less tech and features than their cheaper variant. If Tesla had legit competition many customers including myself would jump ship in a heartbeat because brand worshiping is plain idiotic and this kind of customer service is inexcusable.

Alright, I’ve been blessed with an update. This may come as a shock to some of you and to the well seasoned Tesla owners, it will not be surprising.

Disclaimer: This is in regards to Long Range orders, I am not sure if this applies to Plaid orders.

After seeing people get assigned VINs for Long Range, I figured that they started producing (obviously, otherwise no VIN) the Long Ranges and I am not too far behind the line…

I called my inside man who answered in one word sentences after telling me he cannot speak at length to what’s going on. Here is the conversation.

Me: What’s the Queue like?

JR: No queue.

Me: How are they prioritising early orders/owners.

JR: Nope.

I caught on to what he was doing. Smart me.

Me: So it’s completely random?

JR: Nope

Me: So there’s an order…

Me: It’s not random and there’s no order… are early reservation holders being prioritised?

Me: I see most orders have the new 21” Wheels. Is that something to do?

Me (frustrated): You’re saying that if I place a LR order right now, with regular wheels I might get assigned this week?

JR: Possibly. But unlikely. There is no system to how these LR VINs are being assigned.

Me (defeated): Am I getting a car in the next month.

JR: Maybe. But only maybe.

Me: Sounds like a cluster [insert expletive here]

JR: There is no system in place. Cars are being assigned not by region, or config. The only thing that’s true for is the Plaid. All of those are being matched as soon as they come off the line. I don’t expect any major changes after EOQ. Things will most likely slow down so a proper system can be implemented. For now it’s as you said.

Me: [insert expletive here]

JR: Sorry dude. If you want a car, the Plaid would be a guaranteed car within the next 30 days.

Me: …

Find out what happens next time on!….

Lost: Tesla Edition

I think your guy read my ice cream story a few pages ago...

Still seeing June estimate....

Honey-dicking of the highest order!
plaid.PNG

Lucid? Don’t alternatives have to actually produce cars? As for Porsche, half the range and slower at the same price point, at double the price point closer on acceleration but still a fraction of the range and no supercharger network. Not really reasonable alternatives.
All depends on how many benjamins you currently have? I DID say you needed more to purchase these alternatives?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
All depends on how many benjamins you currently have? I DID say you needed more to purchase these alternatives?
Why would someone pay more to get less with these so called competitors? Lucid has delivered peanuts so far and Porsche Taycan does not offer the range, supercharging network and autopilot. Why even bother with it then? If there were legitimate competitors, thousands of us would've jumped ship long ago instead of dealing with Tesla's horrendous customer service right now. Fact is, there are no true competitors to Tesla and Tesla is aware of this.