Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like white interior with CF shows up now with September delivery date for new orders. View attachment 677965
HOW RUDE. They should be able to do production runs of xx color w/ yy interior seats & trim; we've already seen them with white seats and CF interiors getting VINS and being delivered. Just the fact that both white seats & CF trim are together in one car shouldn't matter; I believe they have the materials even if in lower quantities. They should be able to fulfill older orders from Jan-March, 2021 anyway and any new orders from May or June could be pushed out to Sept.

Not that I was expecting much... but the June date that I had on my Plaid order went away today. Back to blank

Plaid Black/White/CF/19” RN1150

Not that I wasn’t 1000% expecting it, but still a letdown.

My other order, a LR 1143 pre-refresh order with same config still blank.

Be interesting to see which one comes first.

What will also be interesting, is that I currently have a lease that is going to be up in December. At the beginning of the year, I was doubting the stupidity of ordering that early and ending up either having to hold onto the extra car until the end of the year, or trade in early and pay a fee. Now I wondering if I’ll have this car by the time the lease is up.

Yeah midnight. I never seen a time slot like that before and it was the only one available for Monday. My car is going right from the SC to a tint shop so I didn’t mind waiting the extra day.
I had a friend who was offered a 2am home delivery (he declined). One of the things that makes EoQ extra crazy is a surprising number of people do not show up for their delivery appointments, which adds to the chaos.

For those that downvoted this post, please see this post made 5 minutes before:
The 19" wheels have less aggressive rubber than the 21" wheels... drag racers want the lightest wheels with sticky tires that will launch. ;)

I've used our Schwab accounts to transfer $$ to another company's bank account. But you have to set it up first; call Schwab and they'll explain how.
If you want to set up a persistent link between accounts you need to set it ahead of time--for a simple wire transfer, you can just do it ad hoc. I like Schwab--really easy to work with--better than my other broker (who shall remain nameless).

As someone who also does a bunch of 3D printing... I'll add that you should look for someone to do an SLA (instead of FDM) print of this. You can get almost perfect surfaces with SLA, and with some skill probably paint it to be nearly identical to the official version.
Thanks for the advice! For the printing piece, it seems too difficult to paint a 4”x1” emblem 🎨 Any thoughts on using colored plastic, like in PLA or ASA (better for outdoors)?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I get jealous when folks recently go to Blank because that typically results in a VIN. Still at July btw 😞

402EFECF-D2BE-4B70-A7CC-4BB72D5725E4.jpeg

Any Plaid w/ CF VIN's? Asking for a friend.
There have been multiple with CF; in fact, Brooks from DragTimes.com is picking up his Red PLAID with black/cf interior...we don't know his VIN though but guessing he ordered in 2020 as soon as he could or perhaps just before or just after the refresh MS Plaid announcement.

Thanks for the advice! For the printing piece, it seems too difficult to paint a 4”x1” emblem 🎨 Any thoughts on using colored plastic, like in PLA or ASA (better for outdoors)?
Def don’t bother with PLA, unless you like the melting plaid emblem effect.

The simplest thing you could do is probably just use asa or abs and bond them together after the fact. You could sand and paint the layers individually and then assemble it. Almost all of the “metal” filaments are PLA based and won’t work well for this.

you need some kind of coating even with most materials with uv resistance, as they almost all fade in the sun. the material may be structurally fine but if untreated it will begin to look like crap over time.

(thanks for attending my 3d printing Ted talk)

This forum is full of like minded people, love it! I need help - can’t decide between saving $50K for LR, maybe even $60K if I wait until Jan and they bring back the $10K fed tax credit or going all out with Plaid. I have a M3 Performance now and can’t launch it as much as I like so how much use would I get out of Plaid realistically? But, when I do launch it, I always LMAO. Also, I have a 230 mile round trip commute so range, ride quality, and efficiency are important. Such first world problems… anyone have sound advice?
We're on our 8th and 9th MS's now, both current (Raven) Performance MS's. Frankly, given the spread of a full $50k between the two MS's now, our next one (currently on order since December of 2020) was a Plaid, but is now "just" an LR. While there have not been any reviews of the LR yet, I strongly suspect that unless you're doing 60-130 mph pulls for YouTube videos, I doubt you'll miss the extra acceleration.

Plus, given your drive cycle, you'll want the range of the LR for those dark, stormy days when you need all the range you can get.

Frankly, it's seems like the LR is 95% of the Plaid for $50k less--a steal in other words . . . .