Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What was that I read in an earlier post about low insurance rates on the Model S?
To be fair, they haven't actually crashed yet.

Damnn that guy has balls posting that YouTube video. 160mph on public roads, not a problem 🤨...

My 1st post here; been reading for months and many thanks to all for incredible information!!

I ordered a MS LR MSM white interior, 19" on 01/27, RN114418...

Never even drove ANY Tesla before, but read a lot about the technology and being a retired pilot, when the refreshed S was announced, I immediately ordered. Customer experience is important to me, so this ride we have all experienced is simply not to be believed, but no need to rehash when has been stated literally many hundreds of times.

Just returned from the WPB delivery center, my 1st ever visit. A few deliveries taking place, a Plaid awaiting an owner as well as several LR. Cars are simply elegant! While I too would enjoy an immediate delivery (no VIN yet), I agree with several here stating basically, we have all waited far too long, but I would gladly wait longer to get what I wanted as far as colors, options, etc. I upgraded to 21" a week back simply because I feel the 19" look tacky and the Arachnids look elegant. I did consider other advantages of both sizes, but my decision was based on looks.

Best wishes to everyone here and thanks for reading my thoughts...
I agree 100%. Do you recall the ext color/interior color/trim comb for the Plaid at the WPB delivery center?

I'm sorry but I really am baffled by all you folks who contact your SA, "call Freemont" or email/text whomever at Tesla to change your refresh MS order (whether a Plaid or LR) just to possibly (b/c it's not even guaranteed you'll take delivery any sooner anyhow AND even if you did...) get your car a little earlier. I mean so many of us have been waiting several months for the car to arrive and be delivered to us, I just don't think it's worth changing CF to Wood interior trim or changing your wheels or changing your car's exterior color to get a $100k - $156k vehicle in a configuration that was NOT your 1st choice. My opinion here but it's odd to me that people feel they cannot wait another few weeks. 🤔

For me, I'm staying with EXACTLY what I ordered on 2/5/21. 😎
In my case, I am not picky on colors or trim. That may sound strange, but I seriously just don't really care. Like most manufacturers, Tesla only does "safe" colors these days, so it isn't like I'm gonna end up with the lime green w/ wood paneling version.

There were only two no-gos for me, and I mean that sincerely: No white paint, no cream interior. That's it.

Edit: And fwiw, I actually did end up getting a VIN almost immediately after changing to 21" wheels, after ambiguity around the 19"s for a while. Overall, I actually ended up with my first choice config thanks to the dumb luck I've mentioned earlier in this thread, but I would have been happy with black interior if that's what I got.

Edit 2: I am not suggesting anyone change to 21"s. I was allegedly on a list of extremely early reservations with priority because of my Plaid+ order from Sept 22nd. Changing an order from May of this year probably won't help you at all, and I wouldn't do it if I were anyone who had ordered in May.

Last edited:
What was that I read in an earlier post about low insurance rates on the Model S?
To be fair, they haven't actually crashed yet.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! o_O o_O o_O 😜 😜 😜 😜 Respect to the MS Plaid. Got to wonder what the "tuned" Hellcat guys were thinking when they got WALKED (on rolls, not even from a launch) by the silent Tesla MS Plaid?!?! 🤔😎😜

Last edited:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! o_O o_O o_O 😜 😜 😜 😜 Respect to the MS Plaid. Got to wonder what the "tuned" Hellcat guys were thinking when they got WALKED by the silent Tesla MS Plaid?!?! 🤔😎😜
For the moment they just have to catch and pass. Until the 200 mph limit gets added. Heck of a water cooler meeting! Never heard him coming.

Also, momma told me that two beats one, so pick your fights!

Plenty of other cars out there with top speeds >> 162 mph.
Yes, of course. I used to have one...topped out at ~200mph but never did it...185mph for about 3 sec. and shut it down one time. That was enough for me, lol.

Attachments

• Sflgator - 2012 GT-R Dyno 2-27-15 after E85 kit & Armytrix exhaust.png
    Sflgator - 2012 GT-R Dyno 2-27-15 after E85 kit & Armytrix exhaust.png
    476 KB · Views: 61
I agree 100%. Do you recall the ext color/interior color/trim comb for the Plaid at the WPB delivery center?
Good evening sir; BLUE. 1 white & 1 black LR awaiting new owners. My personal opinion is ALL colors looked great, and black is simply stunning. White looked far better than I expected as well. I chose MSM which I feel looks great but to be honest, had I seen black up close I might have made that my 1st choice, MSM 2nd, white next. No red S at WPB today, but from pictures viewed, I do think red exterior with 21" is definitely a winner. NO white interiors today, cream which looked good and 1 black.

When the Carbon 65 limited edition Corvette was announced 4 years ago, I scored one. Carbon EVERYWHERE inside and out. Carbon interior on an S would be my 1st choice; wood looked fine, but not as good as carbon in my personal opinion. BTW, and again, just my own personal opinion, I would NOT take wood rather than wait for carbon...

Cheers...

I take delivery tomorrow - Plaid, white on white with walnut and 21' Wheels FSD. I got the alert to approve final paperwork for delivery tomorrow, paperwork had mileage of car etc. I thought I would take a quick drive to the Tesla Store - where I believe they drive it from for home delivery, at least thats what they told me. I found 6 Plaids in parking lot and 1 LR - one black on black with carbon fiber actually. BUT my car was no where to be found, so hoping I still take delivery tomorrow at 10 am. It goes in immediately for full PPF and tinting.

Yes, of course. I used to have one...topped out at ~200mph but never did it...185mph for about 3 sec. and shut it down one time. That was enough for me, lol.

Had one too but only did higher speeds at half mile races at airports. 185 mph is scary fast even there! The one thing good about this car being at a higher price point is that I would hope that the people buying them are extremely cautious.

I hope the sound system isn’t that bad. The only decent stock sound system I’ve had in a car was the Meridian in my Range Rover. I’ve don’t aftermarket or just suffered in my other cars.
The stock audio system in my wife's '18 M3 is leaps and bounds better-sounding than any system I've ever had in a car, including the factory Bose system in my '09 Boxster S. I've heard Tesla has been sourcing the audio components from Bang and Olufsen, unlabeled. If the new system is even better than the old ones were, it'll sound pretty amazing!

Good evening sir; BLUE. 1 white & 1 black LR awaiting new owners. My personal opinion is ALL colors looked great, and black is simply stunning. White looked far better than I expected as well. I chose MSM which I feel looks great but to be honest, had I seen black up close I might have made that my 1st choice, MSM 2nd, white next. No red S at WPB today, but from pictures viewed, I do think red exterior with 21" is definitely a winner. NO white interiors today, cream which looked good and 1 black.

When the Carbon 65 limited edition Corvette was announced 4 years ago, I scored one. Carbon EVERYWHERE inside and out. Carbon interior on an S would be my 1st choice; wood looked fine, but not as good as carbon in my personal opinion. BTW, and again, just my own personal opinion, I would NOT take wood rather than wait for carbon...

Cheers...
Loved my black on black MB C63 AMG I had, but gosh it was HOT here in S FL; no more black cars for me. Too difficult to keep clean, swirl marks, and way too hot in S FL. White is it for me, white/black/carbon fiber interior w/ 21" arachnid wheels. 😎 Thank you for the info. I'm excited for everyone to get their MS Plaid and LR vehicles, here in S FL and everywhere...just wish I would get a VIN soon to take delivery in July instead of Aug...been waiting since 2/5/21 BUT I know it's going to happen whenever it happens, lol.

Last edited:
Edit 2: I am not suggesting anyone change to 21"s. I was allegedly on a list of extremely early reservations with priority because of my Plaid+ order from Sept 22nd. Changing an order from May of this year probably won't help you at all, and I wouldn't do it if I were anyone who had ordered in May.
Thank you for clearing up some of the confusion 👍