Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I take delivery tomorrow - Plaid, white on white with walnut and 21' Wheels FSD. I got the alert to approve final paperwork for delivery tomorrow, paperwork had mileage of car etc. I thought I would take a quick drive to the Tesla Store - where I believe they drive it from for home delivery, at least thats what they told me. I found 6 Plaids in parking lot and 1 LR - one black on black with carbon fiber actually. BUT my car was no where to be found, so hoping I still take delivery tomorrow at 10 am. It goes in immediately for full PPF and tinting.
Omg! White on White! My fav!

Had one too but only did higher speeds at half mile races at airports. 185 mph is scary fast even there! The one thing good about this car being at a higher price point is that I would hope that the people buying them are extremely cautious.
I agree with you but there will be a few exeptions like situation plaid. I do enjoy his videos though.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Had one too but only did higher speeds at half mile races at airports. 185 mph is scary fast even there! The one thing good about this car being at a higher price point is that I would hope that the people buying them are extremely cautious.
We have a bit of bickering in Vancouver over escooters and ebikes (who doesn't) because of effortless speed that is unearned by muscle or experience. Too quiet & easy to get fast. With an ICE above 150mph you know you're doing something wicked. I've only done 125mph in a 944 and whatever 185 km/h is in a Toyota SUV on the Autobahn for four minutes. That was enough, the wheel was not happy. Point is Plaid looks so easy, risk free.

We have a bit of bickering in Vancouver over escooters and ebikes (who doesn't) because of effortless speed that is unearned by muscle or experience. Too quiet & easy to get fast. With an ICE above 150mph you know you're doing something wicked. I've only done 125mph in a 944 and whatever 185 km/h is in a Toyota SUV on the Autobahn for four minutes. That was enough, the wheel was not happy. Point is Plaid looks so easy, risk free.
Looks can be deceiving. :oops:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! o_O o_O o_O 😜 😜 😜 😜 Respect to the MS Plaid. Got to wonder what the "tuned" Hellcat guys were thinking when they got WALKED (on rolls, not even from a launch) by the silent Tesla MS Plaid?!?! 🤔😎😜
As I mentioned a while back, I love making Dodge owners regret their purchase and this video, while stupid and dangerous, made me happy.

Really gives "supercharger whine" a new meaning.

Oh, and I can't wait to run across one at altitude. It isn't even fair to play with an ICE when the poor thing can't breathe.

As I mentioned a while back, I love making Dodge owners regret their purchase and this video, while stupid and dangerous, made me happy.

Really gives "supercharger whine" a new meaning.

Oh, and I can't wait to run across one at altitude. It isn't even fair to play with an ICE when the poor thing can't breathe.
Wait, but, but the Dodges are so "manly" and "muscular" though right? Walking one with a Tesla MS Plaid gives a new meaning to "emasculated." 😜

• Funny
Reactions: MAHahh and rhuber
@omarsultan Another question for you since you're active on here right now...the MS Plaid door puddle lights? Bright LED? I assume they're not showing an S or Tesla or that E symbol? Just a plain white round LED light pointed at the ground when the doors are opened? Front doors only or rear too? Thanks!
That is correct--simple white LEDs build into the underside of the door handles.

First post- thank you all for the contributions and the pictures; it’s been very helpful in many ways.

Also, haven’t located the answer to this one specifically in the ~2,300 pages.

TLDR: Has anyone successfully modified a configuration (changed color, interior, wheelsthat ordered before the $10k increase and avoided the $10k increase (that wasn’t a plaid + cancellation victim)?

I have a MSM/Black CF 21 FSD ordered in March (with a blank delivery date 😬 and no VIN assigned).

Just saw a Blk/Blk at the local servicing center, fell in love, and want to change colors but am being told that decision will cost me some Benjamins ($10k).

I went to visit because I called two weeks ago asking if there were Plaids on location I could actually view in person and was told to come by and if a color change was desired, that would be ok so long as a delivery date was not assigned nor a VIN assigned.

I’m not going to implode on the outcome but cant help but feel like a “gotcha” moment.

Thanks in advance

I wasn’t lucky enough to get my car at the event. But they did give attendees hats and posters. I’m having our two framed. Will get a third one for the pictures I took of my son with/near Elon and Franz. This is a preview from the frame shop.

IMG_0645.jpeg
IMG_0644.jpeg

First post- thank you all for the contributions and the pictures; it’s been very helpful in many ways.

TLDR: Has anyone successfully modified a configuration (changed color, interior, wheelsthat ordered before the $10k increase and avoided the $10k increase (that wasn’t a plaid + cancellation victim)?

I have a MSM/Black CF 21 FSD ordered in March (with a blank delivery date 😬 and no VIN assigned).

Just saw a Blk/Blk at the local servicing center, fell in love, and want to change colors but am being told that decision will cost me some Benjamins ($10k).

I went to visit because I called two weeks ago asking if there were Plaids on location I could actually view in person and was told to come by and if a color change was desired, that would be ok so long as a delivery date was not assigned nor a VIN assigned.

I’m not going to implode on the outcome but cant help but feel like a “gotcha” moment.

Thanks in advance
It’s been done without the $10,000 new price increase. Someone who has done it should be chiming in shortly. I can’t recall the specifics but several have been able to do it.

That is correct--simple white LEDs build into the underside of the door handles.
But are they the same rectangular LED puddle lights under the doors as before, or are they a different design? I'm hoping they are brighter but still the same shape, so I can swap in my now-discountinued Tesla T logo aftermarket puddle lights from Abstract Ocean.😬

Last edited:
Reactions: EndlessPlaid

Thanks in advance
If you had to pay the $10k, you’d be better off taking the MSM and have it wrapped for less than $5k.. Anything is possible with some green 🍻

Hey guys!! would like opinion on this. Picked up the Plaid Friday. it is the most expensive car I ever bought. There is this small imperfection on the steering wheel. SHould I get this replaced? What is your experience with things like this on this level of a care
The yoke in this video looks the same as well. Seems like it might be a production issue.