Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

For those of you curious about the headlight performance, I found this video. It appears they have improved the beams but they still don't have the side illumination and crisp cutoff of the new Model 3 or Y headlights.
After about the 8th time he said Plaid before even getting to the content, I had to turn it off.

I am having this too. Car has been at shop getting PPF and ceramic for 7 days. Started at 290 miles. Now at 90 miles. Some software bug is draining battery. Sentry mode is not on
Your cabin overheat protection is probably on. I read somewhere that it turns on the A/C if the cabin temperature goes over 100 degrees.

• Informative
Reactions: sflgator
I need to test a bit more, but I do believe radar detector forward sensitivity is greatly reduced in the new S due to some change to the windshield. I am not picking up Ka signals until I'm much closer to the source, and rear sensitivity seems to be much higher than forward, which adds to the evidence there is something metallic about the windshield. I'm going to mount the detector in the bottom right corner of the windshield as a test when I have some time.

Perhaps but I think the MX is not an attractive vehicle; it looks like a large upside down bath tub. It’s more of a rich-persons minivan which at least here in S FL, 90% of MX drivers are soccer moms. Sorry not for me…I’m good with either a sports sedan or coupe and an SUV but I have zero interest in the MX. I’m sure it’s great for hauling 3 kids + 2 dogs to the park. I think it’s more expensive just because it’s larger and more versatile and the falcon doors might have something to do with that (or does it not have those falcon doors anymore? Idk, don’t care, lol! 🤨).
The Motor Trend test guy said in a recent Head to Head. Regarding the X, "Tesla decided to copy the ugliest BMW of all time, the 5 Series Grand Tourer." Couldn't have said it better myself ha

@EVonly what percent tint and brand did you go with on your windows? Looks good. I'm awaiting delivery like all others with 19" and need to figure out what to do on the windows.
The car has Prestige Spectra Photosync IRD SPH30 film. It has visible light transmitted at 30% and 99.5% UV rejection.

Why choose Spectra PhotoSync IRD®?

1625590276866.png

I prefer putting the battery meter in percentage and just not worrying about it. Range in miles/km depends on too many variables to be a useful measure anyway, IMO.
I don't know why some people tend to lean towards switching to percentage and leaving it alone. Probably because Tesla has us conditioned into expecting the loss of miles. My 2020 performance was supposed to give 348 miles on full charge and app. 310 miles at 90% charge which only lasted for for a couple of week. After a couple of week it dropped to 338 miles and is now at 328 miles lol so yeah switching to percentage takes that headache away, however, it's like taking care of the symptom and not the problem itself. I wish this severe drop in miles won't happen but then again it's probably unrealistic and may be other EVs have the same issue

East Coast 19" Wheel Config not expected until late July, early August. Nothing has shipped from the factory as of yet.

Edit: Hate being the guy who mentions the delays, but I share what I hear. The next time I post, it'll be a positive one... Unless I'm told more bad news...
Thanks for the update @sam3194
This is actually better news than I anticipated.
Probably means 19” orders to the Bay Area (factory pickup) can start later this month, yes?

Alright guys, here is Brooks' car! Make sure to turn up your volume; he gives some details:

I have really been looking forward to this moment! Good find 2021plaid!

The headlights don't turn. They just add an extra bit of illumination with the side leds. It isn't a true adaptive headlight like most other high end luxury brands that turn with the steering.
Talk about giving Tesla benefit of the doubt and always getting ****ed. When will I learn to not expect too much from Tesla. Probably never 😭