Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So uber rich in his hypercar gets walked by a family sedan full of kids you don’t think he’ll be a bit pissed?
the guy in the hypercar probably has something more appealing in the passenger seat, his main focus is not “driving”, definitely not fast driving and definitely not noticing passing cars.

so many fellow nerds on here 😀

I ordered in April aiming for a September delivery so I am still on schedule. That being said, if I don't get it by November, I will probably cancel and wait till they update features again.
Good thought. I wouldn't be surprised if improved headlights don't show up shortly. Tesla will also start using their next iteration of their neural net chips sometime in the not too distant future (based on comments from FSD day).

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
This is not true. Rated is math. Driving behavior is not factored in.

Ideal uses some squishiness and therefore is useless.

I think Tesla finally caught on to their 21 inch wheel bug.

@omarsultan did your range get fixed?
Yeah, range seems to have sorted itself out -- now ~350

Funny how many people in their 50s think they’re old. Maybe 57 was old in 1821.
It’s not old in 2021.

Let me explain. Early on, “bro” mostly referred to a male friend rather than just another man. Later, “bro” became associated with young men who spent time partying with others like themselves. Some identifiy the term "bro" as the one "defining feature" of the changing cultural attributes of manhood.
Oxford Dictionaries identify bros metonymously as those who themselves use the word to refer to others, such as in the example of "don’t tase me bro” in which the taserer is not a bro, but the tased is. The subculture is not defined consistently or concretely, but refers to a type of "fratty masculinity.”
In most cases, the word “bro” used by middle-aged men are those having a hard time adjusting to being middle aged men. Nope it’s East coast as well.
You need to chill bro😀

Thanks for posting the Draggy results, curious did you put in drag strip mode?
Yes, the car was in drag strip mode with cheetah stance enabled. The software is obviously limiting the car down low in the 0-30 range. It is a completely different sensation than my old Ludicrous car. The initial jolt off the line is noticeably weaker than my P90DL resulting in a 0-60 that is maybe 2/10ths of a second slower to 60. It definitely feels like it makes up for that loss higher up, because from 70-100 it continues to pull really hard where my P90 seemed to die off. I wouldn’t be surprised to find that they have similar 1/4 mile times. I’m hoping I can find a way to prove this later today. More Dragy results coming!

Not a Tesla owner, but I read how the car will naturally lose charge overnight, especially if you are running Sentry Mode. I also believe the car adjusts your max mileage based on your driving habits, so this could just reflect that you are less efficient than initially calculated.
I am having this too. Car has been at shop getting PPF and ceramic for 7 days. Started at 290 miles. Now at 90 miles. Some software bug is draining battery. Sentry mode is not on

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Has anyone with a recent Plaid delivery notice a loss in their battery charging capacity? Right after the last software update I notice my 90percent charge capacity dropped from 354 miles to 318. I am not sure what’s going on. Also my battery seems to lose 6-7 miles/ day while just sitting in my garage. Anyone notice these issues?
It looks like Tesla got around to fixing the initial mileage bug that @omarsultan has been telling us about. The Plaid has an EPA mileage rating of 348 miles with the 21” arachnids @ 100% SoC. 90% of that should be just over 313 miles. Your car is now accurately estimating your EPA mileage level. 354 miles at 90% was never accurate and a known problem with the original software.

Edit: Just catching up on the thread - looks like this was already stated above.

Last edited:
I am having this too. Car has been at shop getting PPF and ceramic for 7 days. Started at 290 miles. Now at 90 miles. Some software bug is draining battery. Sentry mode is not on

This is very much not normal. Vampire drain should be 3 miles per 24 hours at the most. Any more than that and some system is still running. Losing 200 rated miles over a week is a lot of lost energy (~46kwh) for a LR with 19" wheels (even more if plaid/21").

Something (or someone) is draining the battery but it isn't passive. They could have left a door ajar and have been running the hvac.

It is likely not a bug. They probably have the doors open and the AC is constantly running. Plus the car is probably never going to sleep. Use your app and turn the AC off as an incremental step.

Good thought. I wouldn't be surprised if improved headlights don't show up shortly. Tesla will also start using their next iteration of their neural net chips sometime in the not too distant future (based on comments from FSD day).

Someone quoted that the headlights on the refreshed headlights on their model S Plaid were a lot better than their 2018 p90D headlights. They said both the spread and intensity. Can anyone else with the refreshed model S comment on this? Is it the same exact headlight or have they improved it a bit with some tweaks? Please post a night picture if any of you have one. Thanks

Last edited:
Just got a new delivery estimate: AUGUST. And this is after changing to 21s on 6/30... Am still hoping for a present from Elon on my birthday July 27th... Will update spreadsheet now.

History: 4-11 Weeks --> June 1-30 --> August --> Blank --> AUGUST

MSLR MSM/Black FSD 21s Ordered 3/19 RN11468

As always...

View attachment 681852
I only ordered a week before you and also changed to 21’s on 28th.
Hope you get yours soon!

Someone quoted that the headlights on the refreshed headlights on their model S Plaid were a lot better than their 2018 p90D headlights. They said both the spread and intensity. Can anyone else with the refreshed model S comment on this? Is it the same exact headlight or have they improved it a bit with some tweaks? Thanks

Did the last gen headlights turn with the steering wheel?
They seem fine to me. Also, the cornering lights work pretty well.

Did the last gen headlights turn with the steering wheel?
They seem fine to me. Also, the cornering lights work pretty well.

Yes. They've been adaptive headlights since 2016.5 with the premium upgrade package.

Headlights aren't really adaptive in the true sense as the turning illumination isn't great nor is the lamp gimballed

It looks like Tesla got around to fixing the initial mileage bug that @omarsultan has been telling us about. The Plaid has an EPA mileage rating of 348 miles with the 21” arachnids @ 100% SoC. 90% of that should be just over 313 miles. Your car is now accurately estimating your EPA mileage level. 354 miles at 90% was never accurate and a known problem with the original software.

Edit: Just catching up on the thread - looks like this was already stated above.
Thanks for the explanation.