Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Careful, I said the exact same thing and got disliked :p
I am really wondering what the heck is up with 19" Surely it can't just all be for profit. I mean so many cars with 19" wheels were produced and literally parked in a side lot. They could've easily delivered those to increase the profit and no. of deliveries last quarter so I personally do not buy the profit margin bs. What's better? Making 4500 on a six figure car or delivering more units where each unit brings in six figures? Tesla simply produces them in batches and 21" happen to be the first batch or easy to manufacture batch. May be the tempest wheels compromise the Plaid performance and Tesla is re-thinking them. I can't think of any other reasonable reason for them to be having several of these cars with 19" wheels just parked under the sun with no future in sight.
But if you have 50 car haulers and you pump out enough 21 inch models that cost $4,500 more, why would you bother taking up space on those car haulers with 19 inch models?

Not saying you’re wrong but there always could be something. That big of a mark up could definitely make a significant difference in numbers for the investors.

Has anyone taken delivery since July started, after EOQ push? It’ll be interesting to see if 19s start delivering now.