Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Exactly what is it about asking for data that makes me sound cultist? Why does almost everything you post call out Tesla as shady? Please, could you be any more obvious? (That's rhetorical by the way)
Your well thought out responses have made me question my very existence. You'd be thrilled to know that I have now turned a new leaf and am fully supportive of Tesla no matter what. They have never and can never do no wrong ;)

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
But if you have 50 car haulers and you pump out enough 21 inch models that cost $4,500 more, why would you bother taking up space on those car haulers with 19 inch models?

Not saying you’re wrong but there always could be something. That big of a mark up could definitely make a significant difference in numbers for the investors.

Has anyone taken delivery since July started, after EOQ push? It’ll be interesting to see if 19s start delivering now.
That's definitely a possibility. SAs are now talking about September and October for 19 wheels and white interiors which is ****ing infuriating. I hope they're wrong so we can chalk this up to them not knowing jack once again. And I hope sam is right about Tesla starting production/delivery of 19 end of this month may be

How much is it costing you guys to supercharge from 20-80 or 20-100?
Different States have different rates for supercharging. In Kentucky, Ohio and in Chicago area I have been charged about $9 dollars for charging from 20%-90% and I have also seen $12-13 for 90-100% charge in other areas. Some areas it's much cheaper than that. Really depends on a lot of factors.

There is a performance thread. But, for some reason, all the action seems to still happen in th

Have you guys seen this? (I linked to the timestamp)
The supposed rumors that the LR and plaid have been toned down with upcoming performance and range boosts coming? I'm skeptical
i would take that from Sawyer with a grain of salt

Have you guys seen this? (I linked to the timestamp)
The supposed rumors that the LR and plaid have been toned down with upcoming performance and range boosts coming? I'm skeptical
It all seems like speculation. When the world is glued to their screens to watch their Plaid Event, why would they elect to sit on it. And if they did then I guess that's the norm for Tesla. They just don't care about the expectations from customers and do whatever the heck they wish to do. It's been working for them so far so I can't even blame them for it

But if you have 50 car haulers and you pump out enough 21 inch models that cost $4,500 more, why would you bother taking up space on those car haulers with 19 inch models?

Not saying you’re wrong but there always could be something. That big of a mark up could definitely make a significant difference in numbers for the investors.

Has anyone taken delivery since July started, after EOQ push? It’ll be interesting to see if 19s start delivering now.

OMG - I hope the rest of the OEMs don’t find out about this strategy.

Your well thought out responses have made me question my very existence. You'd be thrilled to know that I have now turned a new leaf and am fully supportive of Tesla no matter what. They have never and can never do no wrong ;)
No one is asking for or expecting that... snide comments aside, you just keep churning that rhetoric that I'm just a Tesla defender. How about just sticking with supported facts and leave the colorful adjectives and demagoguery by the wayside?

Attachments

• IMG_1080.jpeg
    IMG_1080.jpeg
    320.7 KB · Views: 72
Just curious on an average vs filling a $40-50 ICE tank
Costs to supercharge are a fraction of filling an ICE car with premium unleaded (you sure a hell won’t get anything comparable that runs on regular). Figure a half “tank” might be $10-$12. I never go much past 80% since it slows and it’s faster to just stop a half hour earlier on a long trip to recharge from a lower % later.

It all seems like speculation. When the world is glued to their screens to watch their Plaid Event, why would they elect to sit on it. And if they did then I guess that's the norm for Tesla. They just don't care about the expectations from customers and do whatever the heck they wish to do. It's been working for them so far so I can't even blame them for it
There is a case to be made to hold back does range or performance. With Lucid and MB having theoretically competitive models on the horizon, it would be good to have something in their back pocket, plus it's a way to get more money out of existing owners.

It’s not like this jerking around of LR and 19” buyers isn’t without costs. How many have cancelled after seeing how they are treated as second class citizens? Most people plunking down $80,000-$130,000 expect better treatment.

As an aside, I cancelled my Roadster reservation because of this. I have zero confidence giving them an interest free loan will get me any preference if/when they start delivering cars. So this “strategy” isn’t without costs.

No one is asking for or expecting that... snide comments aside, you just keep churning that rhetoric that I'm just a Tesla defender. How about just sticking with supported facts and leave the colorful adjectives and demagoguery by the wayside?
Ibowroom's thought process:
I am believer in tesla and nothing can sway me from defending Tesla's honor. Tesla for life.....
Wait What??? Someone doesn't agree with me. How can this be? Everyone is supposed to love Tesla like me. Let me call him out and justify my existence..... 😂

There is a case to be made to hold back does range or performance. With Lucid and MB having theoretically competitive models on the horizon, it would be good to have something in their back pocket, plus it's a way to get more money out of existing owners.
I would love it if that's the case because if it's true then we all win. But given the past experience it's best not to expect this from Tesla.

Give me the acceleration boost package on the LR. I will gladly open my wallet. It is ridiculous how hard this car pulls and how slow it is initially off the line. Tesla is software limiting the launch by close to 5/10ths. This car is close to a 1/2 second slower to 60 than my Ludicrous P90D, yet somehow makes up for that loss by the time it hits 100. 🤔

Ibowroom's thought process:
I am believer in tesla and nothing can sway me from defending Tesla's honor. Tesla for life.....
Wait What??? Someone doesn't agree with me. How can this be? Everyone is supposed to love Tesla like me. Let me call him out and justify my existence..... 😂
Peter Rawlinson, is that you? 😂