Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Careful, I said the exact same thing and got disliked :p
I am really wondering what the heck is up with 19" Surely it can't just all be for profit. I mean so many cars with 19" wheels were produced and literally parked in a side lot. They could've easily delivered those to increase the profit and no. of deliveries last quarter so I personally do not buy the profit margin bs. What's better? Making 4500 on a six figure car or delivering more units where each unit brings in six figures? Tesla simply produces them in batches and 21" happen to be the first batch or easy to manufacture batch. May be the tempest wheels compromise the Plaid performance and Tesla is re-thinking them. I can't think of any other reasonable reason for them to be having several of these cars with 19" wheels just parked under the sun with no future in sight.
Tesla certainly does produce cars in batches but not with wheels. That’s an easy, computer controlled delivery at the end of the line. There is zero “changeover” in the process of manufacturing cars from 21s to 19s.

It's like this is supposed to be a friendly forum people! Not a 'let's-argue-about-who-made-the-right-decision' forum.🙂

Exactly. Like my wife learned many years ago - any decision contrary to mine is wrong and there is no need to argue about it - just accept it. I can say this because she is not in the room. 🤣

Careful, I said the exact same thing and got disliked :p
I am really wondering what the heck is up with 19" Surely it can't just all be for profit. I mean so many cars with 19" wheels were produced and literally parked in a side lot. They could've easily delivered those to increase the profit and no. of deliveries last quarter so I personally do not buy the profit margin bs. What's better? Making 4500 on a six figure car or delivering more units where each unit brings in six figures? Tesla simply produces them in batches and 21" happen to be the first batch or easy to manufacture batch. May be the tempest wheels compromise the Plaid performance and Tesla is re-thinking them. I can't think of any other reasonable reason for them to be having several of these cars with 19" wheels just parked under the sun with no future in sight.
Larger wheel diameter doesn’t inherently improve vehicle handling and can be a detriment to being the fastest around the track for multiple laps. Larger wheels were developed to allow them to fit massive brakes on sport sedans. Tires and the wheel/tire combination are far more important. However the larger wheels with low profile tires sure do look great! Look for the wider 20” Zero G wheels to be the true high performance wheel for the Plaid.

So, yeah, I love the car.

Attachments

• 3E273905-F00F-4569-81C6-BB0152C023CC.jpeg
    3E273905-F00F-4569-81C6-BB0152C023CC.jpeg
    750.6 KB · Views: 78
You hope they aren’t? You gave me a thumbs down when I told you they aren’t.
Lol you think you saying "no, they aren't" is enough for anyone to agree with you 😂
What makes you say that? What info do you have that to back it up. I said what I said based off of what I experienced after test driving M3P and then buying one afterwards. Test drive unit felt quicker than my M3P even at 48% charge. Look, I understand liking a company's product and I do love Teslas. However, I do not understand liking the company so much that you sit here and make counter statements to anyone who thinks the this corporation like any other is capable of doing everything possible to stay profitable. It isn't far fetched for them to tweak their test drive models especially when they do not use commercials and their sales are depending purely on customers test driving their cars or previous owners' word of mouth. Mind you we are talking about a company that according to some rumors here delivered cars to people in days notice just to get 4,500 per car for 21" wheels while ignoring people who had orders in for the last 8 months.

Tesla has and still does a lot of shady *sugar*. For example, they claim the white interior is delayed yet they go out of their way to deliver it to people who ordered darker exterior and arachnids, even now if you order MSM/Black/White exterior and Black interior with Arachnids - your EDD is July. They claim CF is scarce yet they are quick to deliver them to influencers. Whatever the reason for Tesla not delivering any Plaid with 19" wheels, it sounds extra shady when some employees are certain that Plaid only comes with 21" wheels and some claiming not a single Plaid with 19" wheels is even produced let alone delivered. Don't even get me started on the FSD bs that Elon has been feeding people for the last 3 years. After spending close to 28k on it so far and not even getting FSD Beta, yes, I am pissed. A company that does all of the above mentioned *sugar* is fully capable of tweaking it test drive units.

Lastly, no, you won't get a like from me if you're in here telling me I am wrong about many things when I am giving reasons for my statements and you're showing up and pulling, "no, they are nots" out of thin air lol I bet being right about it all must feel great to you :rolleyes:

Tesla is just like any other company and has its shortcomings. Deal with it!

Lol you think you saying "no, they aren't" is enough for anyone to agree with you 😂
What makes you say that? What info do you have that to back it up. I said what I said based off of what I experienced after test driving M3P and then buying one afterwards. Test drive unit felt quicker than my M3P even at 48% charge. Look, I understand liking a company's product and I do love Teslas. However, I do not understand liking the company so much that you sit here and make counter statements to anyone who thinks the this corporation like any other is capable of doing everything possible to stay profitable. It isn't far fetched for them to tweak their test drive models especially when they do not use commercials and their sales are depending purely on customers test driving their cars or previous owners' word of mouth. Mind you we are talking about a company that according to some rumors here delivered cars to people in days notice just to get 4,500 per car for 21" wheels while ignoring people who had orders in for the last 8 months.

Tesla has and still does a lot of shady *sugar*. For example, they claim the white interior is delayed yet they go out of their way to deliver it to people who ordered darker exterior and arachnids, even now if you order MSM/Black/White exterior and Black interior with Arachnids - your EDD is July. They claim CF is scarce yet they are quick to deliver them to influencers. Whatever the reason for Tesla not delivering any Plaid with 19" wheels, it sounds extra shady when some employees are certain that Plaid only comes with 21" wheels and some claiming not a single Plaid with 19" wheels is even produced let alone delivered. Don't even get me started on the FSD bs that Elon has been feeding people for the last 3 years. After spending close to 28k on it so far and not even getting FSD Beta, yes, I am pissed. A company that does all of the above mentioned *sugar* is fully capable of tweaking it test drive units.

Lastly, no, you won't get a like from me if you're in here telling me I am wrong about many things when I am giving reasons for my statements and you're showing up and pulling, "no, they are nots" out of thin air lol I bet being right about it all must feel great to you :rolleyes:

Tesla is just like any other company and has its shortcomings. Deal with it!
What data do you, or anyone else for that matter, have that test drive cars are faster than the cars sold? There is endless draggy data that supports the cars Tesla sells are every bit as fast as the specs. You sound like nothing but a propaganda sowing machine with completely unsubstantiated “what if” statements.

I said what I said based off of what I experienced after test driving M3P and then buying one afterwards. Test drive unit felt quicker than my M3P even at 48% charge.
Was your test drive the first time you'd driven a M3P, or even a high performing EV (talking about something other than a "compliance" EV)? Could be that you just weren't used to the brutal feeling of the acceleration curve, then when you got it at home, it wasn't such a shock.

My SC didn't have a M3P on the lot for me to test drive (the one they had set aside from me sold before I got there! 😆), but even the Dual Motor LR I did drive felt insanely fast based on what I'd driven, which included some pretty hot ICE sports cars. I have no evidence to prove you're wrong, but a few considerations:

1. There is no such thing as a dedicated test drive car. They just let folks drive the cars they sell. It seems to me it would be very difficult (though not impossible) to have a different power profile and switch it back to the "consumer profile" before it's sold.
2. The amount of work that would need to go into making dedicated test drive profiles would seem incredibly large just to have a vehicle that performs a little better at the dealership.
3. Why would they do it? I gotta believe that the minimal upside of potentially selling a few more cars based on increased performance would not outweigh the negativity they would evoke if word ever got out that they're intentionally misleading the public. It's a pretty easy thing to verify, so it would be very difficult to hide forever. Worse, up until very recently, all of their cars had a 7 day return policy, so if that was truly happening the losses they would take from returned cars would probably be huge.

It might just be the old butt dyno wasn't calibrated for the test drive. I've certainly been there. Occam's razor.

Took a beach day yesterday to celebrate the wife's birthday and couldn't keep up with this thread (and don't have the time to catch up on the last ~20 pages today). Has anything fun and exciting come to light?

On my end, my reservation still shows blank EDD, back in June it did show July briefly, and I still hold out hope to be one of those end-July East Coast 19"s deliveries, but I'm not holding my breath haha.

Took a beach day yesterday to celebrate the wife's birthday and couldn't keep up with this thread (and don't have the time to catch up on the last ~20 pages today). Has anything fun and exciting come to light?

On my end, my reservation still shows blank EDD, back in June it did show July briefly, and I still hold out hope to be one of those end-July East Coast 19"s deliveries, but I'm not holding my breath haha.
Discussions about draggy times, what the LR can (and cannot do) and the weather. DragTimes posts some times. @2021plaid liked a few more posts and there was heated discussion about why people buy (or do not buy) the Plaid.

All in all, you missed nothing.