Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took a beach day yesterday to celebrate the wife's birthday and couldn't keep up with this thread (and don't have the time to catch up on the last ~20 pages today). Has anything fun and exciting come to light?

On my end, my reservation still shows blank EDD, back in June it did show July briefly, and I still hold out hope to be one of those end-July East Coast 19"s deliveries, but I'm not holding my breath haha.
Same here regarding East coast 19” deliveries.
Has anything fun happened ? Lots of speculation about LR performance.
We learned the LR is pretty impressive getting to 100mph on the street in 558 feet. unfortunately no 19” updates. Cheers

1 week, and 480 miles on my LR. Love everything except for a window trim spot that's cracked and popping out. Charging on 120v as I'm on a ranch in nowhere TX.

Attachments

• 20210708_093554_01.jpg
    20210708_093554_01.jpg
    708 KB · Views: 97
Same here regarding East coast 19” deliveries.
Has anything fun happened ? Lots of speculation about LR performance.
We learned the LR is pretty impressive getting to 100mph on the street in 558 feet. unfortunately no 19” updates. Cheers
Fun yes. Relevant No

Yep for sure. It's cool, don't get me wrong, I just don't care about it. I'd probably launch it with each of my friends, scare the crap out of the wife a few times, then not really do it again (or I'd just immediately crash :D)

That said, I totally understand why "proper car people" (I'm definitely not a proper car person, I just want a Tesla for the tech) would be excited by this, and I do think it's super cool and quietly hilarious having a family sedan be faster that all these specced out super cars. I hope you guys get many years of joy out of it and I'm hyped for you all to get racing and having fun :)
about perfectly summed up my thinking. There are some here who feel it is worth every penny - whether they have a dragy, want to be part of the future, collectible car, hit the track, etc. - to me, 0-60 in 3.1 is super car status. If I could save $10k and go 0-60 in 4.1 with everything else the same I'd have to really consider it - My S550 can go 0-60 in about 4.7 (huge, heavy car) and it is great, but I rarely stomp it. I do like having the "authority" - when I want power, it's there, but with city streets, etc. 0-60 is not that relevant to me.
I can't wait to play with the other toys this goodness has.
Biggest challenge - name for the car. I'm getting blue with white interior (year it arrives is in question) - so far Sparky is the top choice, but I welcome other suggestions.

I touched on this earlier with my comments on launch but my take on either the Plaid or LR will be the HUGE increase in "normal" driving enjoyment and interaction with other cars.

For some it is not but for most it is rare to actually put something in launch mode, line up with an XYZ and do the whole hole shot racing thing. Most of us drive these things on a daily bases and treasure the times when we are first in line on the far right lane facing a three lane merge (to the left). My current car is superb in these conditions, the LR much better as it will pull at higher speeds and the Plaid simply stupid fast. No drama. No prep. No sweat.

Most of the launching and racing and YouTube videos will fade but four years from now all you folks will still be spiriting away from traffic lights or installing your car in that gap a lane over with ease all with an enormous grin on your face. I think this is the truly special nature of what Tesla has done and continues to do. Best of both worlds. Great press today and fantastic car thought ownership.
perfectly said. I think the only time I stomp on my ICE is when I need to move over quickly - otherwise 40mph is 40 mph whether I get to it very quickly, or just moderately quickly.
I wonder if OJ would have gotten away if he had a Plaid instead of an SUV...👅🤪

Last edited:
about perfectly summed up my thinking. There are some here who feel it is worth every penny - whether they have a dragy, want to be part of the future, collectible car, hit the track, etc. - to me, 0-60 in 3.1 is super car status. If I could save $10k and go 0-60 in 4.1 with everything else the same I'd have to really consider it - My S550 can go 0-60 in about 4.7 (huge, heavy car) and it is great, but I rarely stomp it. I do like having the "authority" - when I want power, it's there, but with city streets, etc. 0-60 is not that relevant to me.
I can't wait to play with the other toys this goodness has.
Biggest challenge - name for the car. I'm getting blue with white interior (year it arrives is in question) - so far Sparky is the top choice, but I welcome other suggestions.
There are some good reasons why some folks in the NE would say the plaid is overkill and the LR is more than enough. The roads in the NE are pretty bad with pot holes; the traffic is usually horrible; very few places to safely and discreetly have fun, etc..
That being said, I’m still going Plaid and I ain’t changin a thing 🥂

Just wanted to let people know: I had an 8 in sub with a 500 watt dedicated amp in the rear added and it makes a world of difference in the sound. Sounds more like my m3p now, but with more bass. Also got a radar detector installed because it’s physically impossible to go the speed limit unlike my Prius which is physically impossible to exceed the speed limit lol. (I put it in the rear lower trunk and it is easily removable.)

What data do you, or anyone else for that matter, have that test drive cars are faster than the cars sold? There is endless draggy data that supports the cars Tesla sells are every bit as fast as the specs. You sound like nothing but a propaganda sowing machine with completely unsubstantiated “what if” statements.
Like I said, "based on my experience and Tesla's history of shadiness". And you sound like a cultist who will look the other way regardless of however many questionable things Tesla does. Good on yo for standing up for a corporation bro. They really needed your help here. No amount of Tesla treating you like bullcrap will ever make you question their ways. True loyalty lol good for you

• Funny
Reactions: HumanInput
Was your test drive the first time you'd driven a M3P, or even a high performing EV (talking about something other than a "compliance" EV)? Could be that you just weren't used to the brutal feeling of the acceleration curve, then when you got it at home, it wasn't such a shock.

My SC didn't have a M3P on the lot for me to test drive (the one they had set aside from me sold before I got there! 😆), but even the Dual Motor LR I did drive felt insanely fast based on what I'd driven, which included some pretty hot ICE sports cars. I have no evidence to prove you're wrong, but a few considerations:

1. There is no such thing as a dedicated test drive car. They just let folks drive the cars they sell. It seems to me it would be very difficult (though not impossible) to have a different power profile and switch it back to the "consumer profile" before it's sold.
2. The amount of work that would need to go into making dedicated test drive profiles would seem incredibly large just to have a vehicle that performs a little better at the dealership.
3. Why would they do it? I gotta believe that the minimal upside of potentially selling a few more cars based on increased performance would not outweigh the negativity they would evoke if word ever got out that they're intentionally misleading the public. It's a pretty easy thing to verify, so it would be very difficult to hide forever. Worse, up until very recently, all of their cars had a 7 day return policy, so if that was truly happening the losses they would take from returned cars would probably be huge.

It might just be the old butt dyno wasn't calibrated for the test drive. I've certainly been there. Occam's razor.
Actually, you make a sound argument and I cannot disagree with you. I am not saying for sure they do it. It might just be human error on my part. It wasn't my first time driving EV though. I had a Dual motor and wanted to test drive the P3D to make sure it was worth it or not. Like I said, I hope that they don't do such a thing. To some cultists here, anything against Tesla is against their own existence. Calm down people. I like Tesla's products but I don't blindly support every decision they make and their shady practices is what makes me question their ways more often than usual.

How's the 120V charging? This is a regular wall outlet right? That's what I'm going to be using since I live in an apartment so it's that and supercharging for a year
Should be about 4 miles of range an hour on a wall socket. You might want to download apps for ChargePoint, EVgo, Blink, etc. to find Level 2 chargers that might be convenient for you. Orlando metro has a few hundred ChargePoint locations alone.

Attachments

• D009A3C3-AB60-4473-ACE6-3BD91E3EA77C.png
    D009A3C3-AB60-4473-ACE6-3BD91E3EA77C.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 62
Like I said, "based on my experience and Tesla's history of shadiness". And you sound like a cultist who will look the other way regardless of however many questionable things Tesla does. Good on yo for standing up for a corporation bro. They really needed your help here. No amount of Tesla treating you like bullcrap will ever make you question their ways. True loyalty lol good for you
Exactly what is it about asking for data that makes me sound cultist? Why does almost everything you post call out Tesla as shady? Please, could you be any more obvious? (That's rhetorical by the way)

How's the 120V charging? This is a regular wall outlet right? That's what I'm going to be using since I live in an apartment so it's that and supercharging for a year
Yep. Standard household outlet. Expect 4-5 miles/hour. I have a home charger but am on a trip right now. I'll likely Supercharge on the way back home. (180 miles or so) I went to a Supercharger on the way up and spent 20 minutes talking to other Tesla owners, letting them check out the interior, take pics, etc. I will say that range definitely depends on driving style. Zooming up to 120mph on the highway regularly depletes range very noticeably.