Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took my LR car in for service today to have some issues I discovered at delivery fixed. The car will be there for a couple of weeks, so they gave me a Model S loaner car. I guess they still do offer Model S loaners, but maybe they don’t offer them to 3/Y owners. Not sure 🤔

Anyways, I have a vegan leather defect with several wrinkles on the drivers seat bolster and I asked if they could have the upholstery shop fix it. He said he would just get me a brand new drivers seat from Fremont. Has anyone ever heard of this? That sounded a bit extreme for a small section of vegan leather.

View attachment 682831
Had the same or similar issue on our Y. There was no foam in the bolster, they ordered a new seat and put that in.

Well....

As per my signature, I'm back to a "July" EDD.

Taking this with a BFR sized grain of salt. Wait....enormous, phallic symbol....I take that back. Taking this with a Tesla Semi sized grain of salt.
You have the right config to be delivered in July though. No CF and no 19" wheels. White interior is the only kryptonite here but I hope you get yours this month

Finally found my configuration twin! Of course, I'm a lowly 11513 so probably won't learn much from your delivery. How many cars does that put between my reservation and yours roughly, if you know?
Could be alot but we have seen 1147s delivered and pre refresh 1143s get nothing. The rns are every order regardless of model, including cyber trucks I believe but I don't know much about the company just an anxious noob. When did you order?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Welp, I hope this is good news. I realize no one here really cares, but me, but my delivery date just changed from "August" forever to "July 23-30" this morning, but still no VIN. I called Tesla, they said based on my config, order number, and that date change = all that should be pretty accurate when it changes from a broad date like "august" to specific, they usually know yours is close. Not sure how accurate that is, but somewhat exciting nonetheless.

[Crossing posting here]

Looks like scads of updates this morning, including me!

I now have July 11-18. Not putting too much stock in it since there's no VIN but it was definitely thrilling to see the narrowest delivery range yet! And I just got word I'll be teaching my summer section at UCLA Anderson so the 21" upgrade is now paid for ;-)

LR MSM/Black 21" FSD Ordered 3/19 - RN11468 (EDD History: 4-11 Weeks --> June 1-30 ---> August --> Blank --> JULY 11-18)

Last edited:
Welp, I hope this is good news. I realize no one here really cares, but me, but my delivery date just changed from "August" forever to "July 23-30" this morning, but still no VIN. I called Tesla, they said based on my config, order number, and that date change = all that should be pretty accurate when it changes from a broad date like "august" to specific, they usually know yours is close. Not sure how accurate that is, but somewhat exciting nonetheless.
good intel and good luck!

Reactions: EndlessPlaid