Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
15% all around (nothing on windshield). 3M Ceramic.
I just looked up the specs on that film, and while they call it 15 - it actually has 19% VLT, so it is more like a 20% film. Odd naming scheme. I wonder why they call it something different than the VLT level.

3M™ Automotive Window film Ceramic IR Series 15​

Specifications
ApplicationVehicles
Brand3M™
Overall Length (Imperial)100 ft
Overall Length (Metric)30.48 m
Overall Width (Imperial)40 in
Overall Width (Metric)1016 mm
Visible Light Transmittance19 %
Window Tint15%

I just looked up the specs on that film, and while they call it 15 - it actually has 19% VLT, so it is more like a 20% film. Odd naming scheme. I wonder why they call it something different than the VLT level.

3M™ Automotive Window film Ceramic IR Series 15​

Specifications
ApplicationVehicles
Brand3M™
Overall Length (Imperial)100 ft
Overall Length (Metric)30.48 m
Overall Width (Imperial)40 in
Overall Width (Metric)1016 mm
Visible Light Transmittance19 %
Window Tint15%
Most tint places do not have the patterns to cut tint for a 2021 MS. It turns out the side windows are the same as 2020, but the rear window has to be hand cut because it changed shape with refresh.

Most tint places do not have the patterns to cut tint for a 2021 MS. It turns out the side windows are the same as 2020, but the rear window has to be hand cut because it changed shape with refresh.
My shop cracked my rear window in the process. They said it’s different than previous gen and got a crack from the inside during application.

I read somewhere (or one of the gazillion you tube videos i have watched in last 2 months) that the tip of the hood comes forward further than before and hence this license plate holder will be the first point of contact preventing the hood from bending if you happen to gently push against am object when parking in garage.. Made sense to me as a work around for them rather than redesigning the hood profile
I think the front splitter would be the first point of contact.

• Love
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Was looking at the 0-60 website to see what cars come close to the Plaid and stumbled on looking at motorcycles. Am blown away the Plaid is so much faster than bikes too! Does anyone know any production bikes that are faster than Plaid?
Bikes are hard to launch.

The above said, I am amazed to see Plaid pull liter class sport bikes in the over 100 mph range. These bikes literally will stretch your arms out when they start pulling hard over 90 mph and Plaid just walks'm. Absolutely amazing.

Absolutely! My guess is 9.17-9.22 @153-156 mph. :) 🔋🔋🔋🔋🔋

I like your guess. I probably watched the video 10 times in slow motion. lol. It looks like he is going through the traps around 153 mph, hard to tell exactly where things line up.

one thing we can se for sure is that the 60. ft time was below 1.5, which is better than anytime we have seen yet. So it would not surprise me in the least if this is going to be the best 1/4 we have seen to date.

As predicted... Model S and X prices are going up... ;)

Last month, Tesla finally started deliveries of the new Model S – starting with the new Plaid top performance version, which also saw a $10,000 price increase last month. Now in an update to its online configurator, Tesla has decided to quietly implement a new $5,000 price increase for the base Long Range version of the flagship electric sedan:
Tesla-Model-S-price-july-2021.jpg

The price jumps from $79,990 to $84,990 for the Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive Long Range version while the Plaid, which comes with faster acceleration and higher top speed, still starts at $129,990. Tesla had only started recently delivering the new Long Range Model S after focusing on Plaid deliveries last quarter.
At the same time, Tesla also increased the base price of the Model X, which now starts at $94,990:
Which is why I ordered my wife's replacement shortly after the kind folks on this forum showed just how good a car it really is. All the interior and exterior quality updates combined with being faster than my P90DL (which my wife loves to borrow) and all at $10K less than her current S90D.

Thanks to all who provided LR data points. This forum is awesome. I guess that makes me a TMC fanbois.

I have major angst.
* I'm not mechanical (I have to chant "righty tighty, lefty loosie" when using a screwdriver)
* I have no idea how hard to pull and I'm a major weakling
* I don't have a detailer. Never bothered with my Lexus
* I don't have a hairdryer.
* I don't have one of those penta-thingiemajigger-remover tools

I live in the "IE" where it's >90F dry and hot, so if I get the nerve, I'll bake the car outside on Saturday and give it a go. Maybe. Still chicken. And angsty.

It really is that easy - no angst needed but I do understand it.

Being in SoCal you cannot swing a dead cat without hitting a member on here or a local club member that would be willing to meet you to help.

That's what I mean! The Model S Plaid already beats the SF90 Stadale! So imagine what the Roadster will do!😎🔋🔋🔋🔋🔋
It will be like a cloud of vapor blowing right by. Oh, wait, it may actually be vapor :)

So MS/X was 1% of Tesla's build last quarter. The Plaid+ would have been a couple percent of the Plaid builds and it was canceled. A logical extension of that for a Roadster that would be a couple precent of the now canceled Plaid+ would lead me to believe.........................

I believe Tesla does the halo cars for press. There is no need for additional press over the next few years as there is headroom in Plaid to continue to grab headlines/eyeballs. I do not see the need for the distraction of the Roadster with its incremental (traction limited) gains over Plaid improved.

Last edited:
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I have major angst.
* I'm not mechanical (I have to chant "righty tighty, lefty loosie" when using a screwdriver)
* I have no idea how hard to pull and I'm a major weakling
* I don't have a detailer. Never bothered with my Lexus
* I don't have a hairdryer.
* I don't have one of those penta-thingiemajigger-remover tools

I live in the "IE" where it's >90F dry and hot, so if I get the nerve, I'll bake the car outside on Saturday and give it a go. Maybe. Still chicken. And angsty.
Hi, go to youtube and search for removal of tesla license plate, and there will be several videos that you can watch. Some are overly chatty, but if you watch 2-3 of them you'll get in the groove on this!
Mark