Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But you can't link those VINs directly to a person/account.
If I give you my VIN and my name, what could you possibly do with that useless information lol. I feel it’s as silly as scratching out your license plate in pics, as if anyone could just run tags to get your name, and even if they did, what are you going to do with someone’s license plate, VIN, and name? 😅

Slowly buy surely though, multiple people on here have been getting their VINs this week and quite a handful today (me included!)
I can feel that they really are ramping up production, certainly much much more than a month ago.
Yeah but you have placed your order in January... I don't think I'll be able to convict myself to drive rentals that long :D

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Okay, but I have a door that can prove you wrong. I don’t know if the door originally had a clear coat, suffered from a catastrophic error in the painting process or got damaged from shipping. It doesn’t really matter where the defect came from in the process. The point is I have a door that is missing clear coat on an 8” square section of the door. Having this repaired is not optional.

Edit: By the way - my service advisors response to this was surprising. I told him I guess this was a result of the EOQ push. He looks at me and says “I’ve seen a lot worse, to be honest with you.” Then he proceeded to laugh hysterically.
View attachment 683133
That sucks for sure and certainly hard to live with. I really can’t tell much in the pictures but from what I see it looks more like the clear is super hazy. You’d be able to tell if it’s cleared or not with a little polishing compound. If you get color on the rag, it’s not cleared. If you do not, it is cleared. I’d try that first to help determine the extent of the fix.

Does the area feel rough to the touch?

I really want the 21s but I can't justify the loss in range. I ordered back in January and still nothing 😭

My config is:

- Plaid
- White exterior
- Black interior with carbon fiber (Was having a really tough time deciding between CF and wood. I like the look of wood slightly better but CF is plaid exclusive)
- 19s
- No FSD - will get subscription

Did you guys get keep the $10k discount when switching from Plaid+ to Plaid?
I was planning to get the "200mph wheels" that were planned for the fall, and order with the tempest. I was told by converting I would get the car in June so I proceeded to sell my 85D, so now Im carless. So I converted to the 21's for a prompt delivery.
I did get the FSD for 8k as well as the $10k discount as I had converted from Plaid+ even before they increased the price. I believe I converted in June 7.
Hopefully we will get delivery soon!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-09 at 8.12.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-09 at 8.12.17 PM.png
    388 KB · Views: 108
Yeah but you have placed your order in January... I don't think I'll be able to convict myself to drive rentals that long :D
You can always get a MY or M3 in their existing inventory (one or two pops up once in a while, but they are gone FAST) to drive in the meantime, like I did haha. Probably not the smartest move financial-wise, but I wanted a Tesla and needed something to play with during the endless waiting for my MS.

If I give you my VIN and my name, what could you possibly do with that useless information lol. I feel it’s as silly as scratching out your license plate in pics, as if anyone could just run tags to get your name, and even if they did, what are you going to do with someone’s license plate, VIN, and name? 😅
There are many things that people can do with your Tesla's VIN... I would never share a VIN of Tesla on the internet. Tesla owners have to always remember this is a computer on wheels... the most harmless thing that people who have "some" knowledge can do... Duplicate your VIN to their car in order to get many things. Just keep your VIN away from people on the internet :)

You can always get a MY or M3 in their existing inventory (one or two pops up once in a while, but they are gone FAST) to drive in the meantime, like I did haha. Probably not the smartest move financial-wise, but I wanted a Tesla and needed something to play with during the endless waiting for my MS.
Don't want to offend anyone but personally don't like 3's and Y's, especially single screen.

That sucks for sure and certainly hard to live with. I really can’t tell much in the pictures but from what I see it looks more like the clear is super hazy. You’d be able to tell if it’s cleared or not with a little polishing compound. If you get color on the rag, it’s not cleared. If you do not, it is cleared. I’d try that first to help determine the extent of the fix.

Does the area feel rough to the touch?
Yes, it is rough to the touch and has no clear coat. We already polished it and removed the scratches. The car is at the body shop now getting repaired. I just hope it can be repaired without needing color coat.

I have a question that I’m sure already been asked before but I can’t find it. If I remove the FSD option from my plaid built would that be like making a new order and update me to the new pricing ?
Also if it is a option for me to remove and opt for the monthly subscription would it be better to keep FSD or just go with the month plan because I only plan on keeping for 2-3 months also does any one know pricing on the subscription? Thanks in advance

Not sure if it will reset your delivery date, my guess is No, but I would check with your local center or SA they may know.. I think its just a simple process on your account page to remove it..

Elon is planning a big update reveal tomorrow on the FSD software and most likely subscription if you dont want to pay 10k for it up front. You will prob get your answers then.. Im not sure if there is a hardware update associated with FSD, perhaps you can opt for the Subscription if it becomes an order option otherwise my guess is the service center would do the necessary update for you once it becomes available.

Not sure if it will reset your delivery date, my guess is No, but I would check with your local center or SA they may know.. I think its just a simple process on your account page to remove it..

Elon is planning a big update reveal tomorrow on the FSD software and most likely subscription, if you dont want to pay 10k for it up front. You will prob get your answers then.. Im not sure if there is a hardware update associated with FSD, perhaps you can opt for the Subscription if it becomes an order option otherwise my guess is the service center would do the necessary update for you once it becomes available.
Love your new profile pic!🙂

I’m astounded at the number of folks who have been waiting 6-9 months for delivery. And I’m astounded by the number of posters who have waited 1-2 months who are complaining. Those who have waited longest seem the most patient.

I want my car as much as anyone but I truly hope that those who have waited longer than me get theirs‘ first.

Last edited:
I'm another former (non modified ) gtr owner ( I had 3 of them). And for the record Nissan was no fun to deal with either.
You won’t miss the GT-R, lol. You’ll soon forget about the loud drone rattling your brain and the harsh bumpy ride. You’ll soon be all-in with the silky smooth ride with 1,020HP/1,050 ft/lb TQ (instantaneous at any speed btw). The GT-R will feel like a dinosaur compared with the Tesla MS Plaid and you’ll enjoy all the technology and 1-pedal driving! Here’s to hoping we all get our MS Plaids soon. Cheers!!! 🙏🏻👍🏻😎
Glad to hear, you know how it is. Once you have something that responsive there was not much to try next within a reasonable budget. I waited to pull the trigger as I know the last model had to many power limitations. I do wish Tesla did more then a refresh on the exterior. Was waiting on the roadster but who knows if that will ever happen. I don’t think the Tacan is worth the price and it looks to much like a Panamera.

Don't want to offend anyone but personally don't like 3's and Y's, especially single screen.
I thought the same thing, but I took delivery of the MY a couple of weeks ago and the single screen thing has been fine. Now, I don't like the suspension, it feels a bit bouncy, and the overall lack of refinement. It's still a great car, certainly better than renting a car for a month or more. With that said, my MY will be the shortest car ownership ever for me! (probably around 1.5 - 2 months)

Yes, it is rough to the touch and has no clear coat. We already polished it and removed the scratches. The car is at the body shop now getting repaired. I just hope it can be repaired without needing color coat.
That is definitely bad situation, sorry you have to deal with it. If there truly is no clearcoat on the area, then they will need to spray color as well. There is no basecoat that has a clearcoat or topcoat window of longer than 24 hours, let alone weeks. Therefore sanding, color, clear…the whole deal.

If there was clear on that surface, there is the possibility of forgoing the basecoat and simply scuffing and clearing, no blending necessary. This was my reason for asking. Frankly, I’m very skeptical that there is no clear on the surface. But I’m not there and can’t see the vehicle and obviously can’t be certain. However, as I mentioned previously, I would let that knowledge guide the extent of the repair and I would know 100% certain, beyond any shadow of a doubt if there is clear or not. I have a fair amount of experience in this industry and this is how I’d pursue the repair. You seem very convinced and obviously do not need to explain how you arrived at your certainty.

If the bodyshop is good, they can make it perfect which I’m confident they will for you.

I thought the same thing, but I took delivery of the MY a couple of weeks ago and the single screen thing has been fine. Now, I don't like the suspension, it feels a bit bouncy, and the overall lack of refinement. It's still a great car, certainly better than renting a car for a month or more. With that said, my MY will be the shortest car ownership ever for me! (probably around 1.5 - 2 months)
I agreed those are nice cars and better than rentals. My wife and I were considering getting m3 for her, but back in March I had m3p as a loaner while my X was on the service and we don't like it. Single screen and too small.

Attachments

• BE580B8E-F969-4DA8-AFA8-65974563EAF2.jpeg
    BE580B8E-F969-4DA8-AFA8-65974563EAF2.jpeg
    559.5 KB · Views: 51
Oh, I forgot to let you know guys. I went to temporary parking lot today again next to my DC which I have visited last saturday and there were 3 refreshed S's. One blue plaid and 2 LR.

Today there are 4 different cars. 3 Plaid's and one LR, not the same which I have seen a week ago. All with 21" but one Plaid was with CF and Cream interior.

That means they are deffinatley delivering cars.

Yup there was a blue Plaid there earlier this week. Last night there was a MSM Plaid with black interior and carbon fiber. These are definitely getting delivered.

I was planning to get the "200mph wheels" that were planned for the fall, and order with the tempest. I was told by converting I would get the car in June so I proceeded to sell my 85D, so now Im carless. So I converted to the 21's for a prompt delivery.
I did get the FSD for 8k as well as the $10k discount as I had converted from Plaid+ even before they increased the price. I believe I converted in June 7.
Hopefully we will get delivery soon!
Ahh that's fair if you have no car. Fingers crossed you get yours soon!

I'll probably purchase the 21s from the store later when they come out with the 200mph update and switch between the wheels for road trips/having fun

There are many things that people can do with your Tesla's VIN... I would never share a VIN of Tesla on the internet. Tesla owners have to always remember this is a computer on wheels... the most harmless thing that people who have "some" knowledge can do... Duplicate your VIN to their car in order to get many things. Just keep your VIN away from people on the internet :)
There’s literally not a single thing you can do with someone’s VIN, other than find out their trade in value 😅. Ever hear of VIN fraud? 😅 If you think someone can “copy” your VIN to their car then in theory they can literally just change their VIN to any VIN with random last 3 digits to “get many things”

The shop where I went specializes in Tesla as well and I was told that they leave it on for a cleaner look. Never had issues is what I was told.
Has the shop told you how they plan to rectify the issue for you? I think a lot of people have experienced issues with PPF covering the sensors. I don’t know what the answer is. I have read some other threads and there doesn’t seem to be a consensus. Some people claim the sensors work fine wrapped, and others say you must cutout for them to maintain accuracy.

Maybe it depends on the clarity of the specific PPF used. What product did you have installed again?

There’s literally not a single thing you can do with someone’s VIN, other than find out their trade in value 😅. Ever hear of VIN fraud? 😅 If you think someone can “copy” your VIN to their car then in theory they can literally just change their VIN to any VIN with random last 3 digits to “get many things”
Well, I appreciate your opinion, I just don't want to tell more and compromise myself or other people :)

It's your VIN, your car, you can do anything with it :)