Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Alright well. For the first time I have an EDD range of July 25- Aug 6. Was Aug yesterday blank before that aug before blah blah blah. I’m hoping since this is a narrower window. It will be a good sign. Any insight for those that went through this and already taken delivery. Still no VIN yet.
I took delivery on June 30th, but this game of extending delivery ranges one day at a time seems like a new method. I’m not sure if it is good news or essentially meaningless. My EDD was completely Blank when I got my VIN assigned, so the changing EDD’s were meaningless in my case.

I had Plaid orders with EDD’s of June and a Blank LR order, but the LR was the only order that got a VIN. My deductive reasoning skills tell me that these EDD’s are completely irrelevant until a VIN is assigned. Try not to get too excited unnecessarily. Tesla never fails to disappoint on their delivery schedule!

I just wish Tesla wouldn’t create all this false hope by assigning EDD’s with narrow delivery windows and then turning them blank. The emotional roller coaster seems like cruel and unusual punishment. Why promise a narrow EDD before knowing with certainty that the car can be delivered in that window? I think this false hope is worse than the delay!

Last edited:
After this experience, I really truly believe SAs make *sugar* up completely.

My local showroom had a plaid in it that someone rejected for about 3 days and I went in all 3 days to look at it. And on the second day the guy told me that he got an internal memo that the white interior was delayed until October lol. That was about 3 or 4 days before my account changed to August.

Then the first day I went in another SA told me that they'd already been delivering 19-in wheels since day one of getting inventory which I knew was complete b*******. But he was extremely arrogant and tried to make it sound like he personally delivered 19-in wheels to customers multiple times and I told him I don't think the 19-inch wheels have been delivered at all as far as I've heard from across the country. Then as other people have posted on here of course they have not they were delayed essentially.

Either way I definitely have lost a lot of respect for Tesla SAs over the past few months. Perhaps Elon was correct when he was trying to shut down the Tesla showrooms and get rid of that team. I don't know I really like being able to go when I look at the cars and I'm sure other people do as well but that entire department needs to get overhauled entirely. I recognize not all of it is their fault as they aren't told a whole lot of stuff from headquarters, but when they just blatantly lie and make stuff up that's ridiculous.
The US seems to run on irony lately and Tesla is not immune. I love how Tesla is "on a mission" and have, since inception of the dealer owned stores, touted themselves as sooooo much better than the traditional "stealership". In a lot of ways they are much better. In a lot I have found them to be worse. One clear example that is easily solved with any other brand by going to the dealership down the block is Telsa's unwillingness to do a courtesy trade. Tesla's trade in offers for their own product from returning customers is below wholesale. They know it and they will readily tell you that, if you do not like it, you will not get your state sales tax credit for your trade. No, you can not pass the trade through to a friend or to an honest wholesaler. Tesla has the leverage and they knowingly use it. That is broken to me but perfectly fine to them.

I bring the above up as an example of but one of Tesla's asymmetric business practices. There are others. The reason I replied to this particular post is that I loath the term lying and try to make absolutely sure I am as accurate as I possibly can be before using it.

I believe Tesla has evolved over the past nine years. Between being on a mission to save the world and exercising their 800 lb gorilla leverage whenever possible I believe they have moved much closer, if not actually arrived, to the point Tigers describes in his last paragraph. I'm still reeling out the rope right now but I'm reasonably sure there will be a very good case on my end to back up Tigers' assertions. If it does turn out that Tesla business has made the full migration it will be a very sad day for me. I'm sensitive that way.

To be clear, my experience with the car is FANTASTIC. I have enjoyed almost all of my interactions with the service side of the house and find the services reps I've interacted with to be kind, honest, helpful and to care about the customer. I am only commenting on the business side of the house.

Last edited:
Several of us received similar date ranges yesterday after being blank for a good amount of time before that. At least two of us have gone back to being blank 24-hours later. Will be curious to see if you follow the trend.
Interesting if so. I cross posted this on the LR thread and was advised to email sales advisor to see if they could see any other new info. Hoping I don’t go back to blank again lol

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I took delivery on June 30th, but this game of extending delivery ranges one day at a time seems like a new method. I’m not sure if it is good news or essentially meaningless. My EDD was completely Blank when I got my VIN assigned, so the changing EDD’s were meaningless in my case.

I had Plaid orders with EDD’s of June and a Blank LR order, but the LR was the only order that got a VIN. My deductive reasoning skills tell me that these EDD’s are completely irrelevant until a VIN is assigned. Try not to get too excited unnecessarily. Tesla never fails to disappoint on their delivery schedule!

I just wish Tesla wouldn’t create all this false hope by assigning EDD’s with narrow delivery windows and then turning them blank. The emotional roller coaster seems like cruel and unusual punishment. Why promise a narrow EDD before knowing with certainty that the car can be delivered in that window? I think this false hope is worse than the delay!
Exactly. Seems all to currently be meaningless until there is a VIN assigned. And even then there are exceptions to the rule. I just want me car haha

I pre-bought like 4 bottles of ceramic coating months ago in prep for my S (which I thought was coming in March :D ). I always wondered how ceramic coating worked on fabrics... I thought they created essentially a glass like layer on top of what it was applied to?
Ceramic coating will crystallize. Why would you apply it to a soft, pliable surface? There are interior protectants available for that application.

The stock did spike up on the news of Q2 delivery numbers, however, it was short lived. The stock has been taking a massive dump since Jan and yeah, it's been dying for the last 5 or 6 months at this point. It has tumbled from 880 to 640s. That's a massive drop with no reason for a spike in sight.

I understand some people here get butt hurt every time someone speaks negative of Tesla or TSLA. But I'm only stating facts. Long term the stock is good but it's been garbage the last 6 months and disliking my comment doesn't change that fact 😂
MY 2 cents on stock price is sales of regulatory credits in not a sustainable income for Tesla but what a large percentage of their profit has been based on. It's basically a government created stream of revenue which will grow smaller as more companies enter the EV market. That said the Bitcoin profits shouldn't be factored into the stock price either, when they get profitable making cars, (which most investors believe they will) the price of the stock should reflect their potential, but no real basis for it on earnings reports with the other type of income factored in.

The US seems to run on irony lately and Tesla is not immune. I love how Tesla is "on a mission" and have, since inception of the dealer owned stores, touted themselves as sooooo much better than the traditional "stealership". In a lot of ways they are much better. In a lot I have found them to be worse. One clear example that is easily solved with any other brand by going to the dealership down the block is Telsa's unwillingness to do a courtesy trade. Tesla's trade in offers for their own product from returning customers is below wholesale. They know it and they will readily tell you that, if you do not like it, you will not get your state sales tax credit for your trade. No, you can not pass the trade through to a friend or to an honest wholesaler. Tesla has the leverage and they knowingly use it. That is broken to me but perfectly fine to them.

I bring the above up as an example of but one of Tesla's asymmetric business practices. There are others. The reason I replied to this particular post is that I loath the term lying and try to make absolutely sure I am as accurate as I possibly can be before using it.

I believe Tesla has evolved over the past nine years. Between being on a mission to save the world and exercising their 800 lb gorilla leverage whenever possible I believe they have moved much closer, if not actually arrived, to the point Tigers describes in his last paragraph. I'm still reeling out the rope right now but I'm reasonably sure there will be a very good case on my end to back up Tigers' assertions. If it does turn out that Tesla business has made the full migration it will be a very sad day for me. I'm sensitive that way.

To be clear, my experience with the car is FANTASTIC. I have enjoyed almost all of my interactions with the service side of the house and find the services reps I've interacted with to be kind, honest, helpful and to care about the customer. I am only commenting on the business side of the house.

Tesla is better than a traditional car dealership in every single way. Every single way.

But, it could still be a lot better. I think actually simple fixes - work on communication, have better processes for dealing with customer complaints. That's about it.

Buying our Tesla vs buying the last ICE car I had was night/day/not even close. Scheduled a same day test drive. They let me take the car, by myself, for literally an hour where I was able to drive it 30-40 miles to test out highway, city, autopilot, etc. I bought my first Tesla in 30 seconds, got a call with a match a day later, delivered on time with no issues and no BS 10 days later.

To buy my previous ICE car? had to drive 2 hours to a lot to find one in stock. went for a 10 minute test drive where I couldnt just test the car the way I wanted, had to drive some pre-planned route with the sales bro.

Once I got back - told me that my credit - which was still decent at the time though not what it is today, wasn't good enough, raised the financing on me by double. Then told me that the car's selling price was higher than MSRP because of the fake BS they added (nitro tires, PPF etc). And then, they told me that another buyer was on the way over tomorrow and if I didn't take it, it was done.

So, I sat there for literally, IDK 5 hours, drove it for 2 minutes and then was lied to for 4.5 hours. I left, they called the next day and all of a sudden, the car was what it was supposed to be price wise and i didn't have to pay for anything. drove another 2 hours, haggled for another 5 hours and got the car.

I hated the car for the first few weeks that I had it because of the experience. Why did I go back? because ALL of the dealerships near me did the exact same horseshit tactics and I knew Id be starting it all over again.

I almost bought an ICE car back in April. So glad I did not. They tried similar tactics. You shouldn't have to spend hours of time researching how car salesmen lie to you (legally, somehow) and how to keep from getting ripped off when buying an expensive product like a car. Ridiculous.

My Tesla? Nope, I had a smile as soon as I got to the showroom to pick it up. The small issues I had with it were minor, fixed usually at home and had no issues.

What has Tesla done to me? Well, my car was delayed and they didnt say *sugar* about it until like 30 days later. Is going to come 5-6 months late. Oh well. Small price to pay for driving the bleeding edge of automotive tech, imo. Night and day. will never buy from a legacy OEM with that traditional method again.

Last edited:
Asking the TMC Community here - any confirmed MS Plaid or LR deliveries to Europe that you are sure of or have taken delivery since US deliveries began?
Reason asking is because SA when chatting mentioned no refresh MS shipped orders/delivery came in through via Belgium(Zeebrugge port orders for Europe) that he is aware of and said same issue will have to be factored even once MXs start delivery in the US.Bummer if true….

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Curious what people have been quoted for Insurance rates for their new Tesla S

My insurance company is charging $2300 every 6 months …..
Allstate quoted me something similar so I’m kicking them to the curb after being a client for 25+ years. USAA quoted me about $100.00 a month.

Excellent question. Right when refresh was announced. So day after that. January 29, to be exact (I think). My X was ordered early January, but I won’t comment further on that for fear of taking this thread off topic!
Now that deliveries are well underway, people seem less uptight (Bruce lol) these days about off topic posts as compared to several months ago. So no worries, speak your mind lmao (Tesla, EVs, Elon, etc) 🍻