Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got to drive my buddy’s Plaid again tonight. The Model 3 Performance is quick. Except…not anymore. Plaid has ruined it. If you never experienced the Plaid, the LR Model S would be enough (similar performance to the 3 Performance). But I have experienced the Plaid. So…yeah. 😳😭😎 Suspension is fantastic. Sport, comfort, - whatever your preference. Better than the 3 by a mile.

I can’t wait. Damnit isn’t 1.5 weeks enough waiting times? Isn’t it?

Got to drive my buddy’s Plaid again tonight. The Model 3 Performance is quick. Except…not anymore. Plaid has ruined it. If you never experienced the Plaid, the LR Model S would be enough (similar performance to the 3 Performance). But I have experienced the Plaid. So…yeah. 😳😭😎 Suspension is fantastic. Sport, comfort, - whatever your preference. Better than the 3 by a mile.

The big question: did you order with 19s or 21s ?

Mods, this is way off topic, but kindly let me reply to address these posts:

A bs exemption for a bs law. I can tint my motorcycle helmet legally, I can wear sunglasses at night legally. I can even trade in my car for a van with back or rear windows and drive that legally. This law is mostly to take away privacy for law enforcement monitoring and very little to do with safety.
So should I just ignore the law and sign forms for anyone that asks? What do I get out of that other than risking my license and livelihood.
As an ophthalmologist, do you have a rationale for militantly supporting the California no tint law?
I'm not so sure about "militant." I really do not care about the law. If someone has retinitis pigmentosa and I believe can still drive, I will sign a document for tinting for DMV. If someone just shows up and has a normal exam, I will not write a fake diagnosis and risk my reputation and license.
It’s really not that serious Dr. Serious. I’m a professional, harmless adult and that’s why my good friend (eye doc) had no problem signing the form. I’m pretty sure the sun bothers a lot of people’s eyes, especially from the driver’s side window. If it makes you feel better, I don’t have 35% tint so the police can’t see in my car.
If your good friend wants to sign a form for you good for him. If he gives your a prescription for percocet, that is also not my problem. However, I would not work with your good friend or want to have any thing to do with someone in my profession who is dishonest.

Overall: They Nailed it with this car. Now the questions/concerns I have

1)I am concerned about how my wife is going to use my car if I need her SUV for some reason. I will have to check her out in the car so she understands the controls (or lack thereof) and I don't know how you would ever let a Valet into the car or a car wash attendant. Maybe in a few years when the model S and Yokes are more ubiquitous this won't be a concern. But you would have to explain it to them now.
2) I can't figure out if you need to plug in a USB/Card reader for Sentry mode or is the memory built in? In my P100D you had to format an SSD to use that feature.
3)In my P100D I kept the suspension at the lowest. Are people doing that here?
4) I understand you can not turn off regenerative breaking but is there also no way to turn on Creep???
5)The spoiler is black Carbon Fiber. Its not body colored. I almost feel like my car was supposed to be a CF accented car and they converted it to Ebony and left the CF Spoiler on there. Its not that weird looking but I noticed for sure.
6) My kids tried using Youtube in the back and I got a loading screen (like its updating) and it sat like that forever. It didn't work.
7) My screen froze once already (before I even left the lot) and had to Reboot the whole car.
8)Its a lease. Do I want to do ceramic coating? Ive never done that before. My local detailer normally charges 800 but since the car is new and he won't have to do a lot of prep he's offering to do it for 450.

Im sure ill think of a few more things. But Ive only had the thing for a few hours.

I ordered Feb 2. It was worth the wait.
Confgrats. To your questions:
2. Car should come with a USB stick in the glove box
3. No, the car sits lower than the prior models
4. No creep
8. $450 is a good price and will help you keep the car clean--how long is is guaranteed for

A question for those worried about the cars that have been sitting at a Tesla lot since May. When you used to buy cars from your local dealership, did you check the manufacture date to make sure the cars were “fresh” and not several months old? I mean, the fuel could have gone stale and the paint and interior subjected to all that UV….. makes me shudder. 😂

A question for those worried about the cars that have been sitting at a Tesla lot since May. When you used to buy cars from your local dealership, did you check the manufacture date to make sure the cars were “fresh” and not several months old? I mean, the fuel could have gone stale and the paint and interior subjected to all that UV….. makes me shudder. 😂
God forbid all of those Ford and GM trucks that have been sitting for the past several months with no GPS chips lol.😄🤣

Ok, Got my MSPlaid, Blk/Blk Ebony 21" tonight at 6 pm. Had a one hour drive home to get somme first impressions. Ill bullet them

1) Exterior: exceeds my expectations. This car looks BADASS. a little wider and lower than my P100D I just traded in. The big fat wheels and tires look amazing.
2) Interior: Exceeds my expectations. Its not quite Mercedes or BMW level of fit/finish but its darn close and lightyears ahead of my 2017 P100D
3) Driving: This thing is insane. Handling, acceleration all unreal. I didn't go into drag strip mode yet but I did do a few unprepped runs of "flooring" it and there is a weird split second hesitation that I didn't have with my P100D before the thing takes off. But once it goes, holy cow does it go. I passed someone on the highway from 80 mph and I hit 125 pretty quickly. The yoke is a little weird there are some thing I like about it: It looks cool, It gives you more visibility, and Its very comfortable on the highway to rest your hand on the bottom (and that keeps autopilot happy that you are awake and alert). The lack of Stalks is weird but just in an hour getting home I was already pretty used to it. I bet in a week it will be a no brainer. Parking and tight turns is weird and Ive lost control of the wheel a few Times because I was expecting a place to grab and it just wasn't there. But Im adjusting. One other thing about flooring it....There is this amazing whirling hum you hear from the motors spooling up to a gazillion RPM and it sounds like a Jet engine sorta. Very cool.

1)I am concerned about how my wife is going to use my car if I need her SUV for some reason. I will have to check her out in the car so she understands the controls (or lack thereof) and I don't know how you would ever let a Valet into the car or a car wash attendant. Maybe in a few years when the model S and Yokes are more ubiquitous this won't be a concern. But you would have to explain it to them now.
2) I can't figure out if you need to plug in a USB/Card reader for Sentry mode or is the memory built in? In my P100D you had to format an SSD to use that feature.
4) I understand you can not turn off regenerative breaking but is there also no way to turn on Creep???
5)The spoiler is black Carbon Fiber. Its not body colored. I almost feel like my car was supposed to be a CF accented car and they converted it to Ebony and left the CF Spoiler on there. Its not that weird looking but I noticed for sure.
6) My kids tried using Youtube in the back and I got a loading screen (like its updating) and it sat like that forever. It didn't work.
7) My screen froze once already (before I even left the lot) and had to Reboot the whole car.
8)Its a lease. Do I want to do ceramic coating? Ive never done that before. My local detailer normally charges 800 but since the car is new and he won't have to do a lot of prep he's offering to do it for 450.

Im sure ill think of a few more things. But Ive only had the thing for a few hours.

About the split second hesitation. Likely caused by Obstacle Aware Acceleration check box. Used to happen on my model 3. Just uncheck the box, won’t happen again.

For real though, the whole industry seems to be going through these similar issues. Hopefully Tesla can get whatever issues are making these cars sit in this lot resolved, and either ship them to customers, or to Tesla Galleries/Stores as demos.

I remember a guy that was looking for a new Dodge Hellcat, and when he went to the dealership, it had sitting out for the past THIRTEEN MONTHS. He was like "nope!" It can definitely happen.
Well in the case of Tesla, Elon has stated that you want the first cars off the line or after they're done ramping. During ramp is where the issues occur...so of the current Plaid's in existence...some of those sitting waiting for 'whatever' is needed to deliver them...would be in that first off the line group. So having an earlier build date may be beneficial in this situation.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Well in the case of Tesla, Elon has stated that you want the first cars off the line or after they're done ramping. During ramp is where the issues occur...so of the current Plaid's in existence...some of those sitting waiting for 'whatever' is needed to deliver them...would be in that first off the line group. So having an earlier build date may be beneficial in this situation.
Great point! I think @Tigers would disagree with you though...🙂

A bs exemption for a bs law. I can tint my motorcycle helmet legally, I can wear sunglasses at night legally. I can even trade in my car for a van with back or rear windows and drive that legally. This law is mostly to take away privacy for law enforcement monitoring and very little to do with safety.
Might check on that motorcycle helmet tint thought…most tinted visors are not DOT approved because of the tint. Arai developed this entire wonky two-shield system that only tints the legal amount of coverage of a shield. Wonky as it is, I use it all the time and actually quite like it now.

But you point certainly isn’t any less valid, nonetheless.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Yes, he said that in an interview with Sandy Munro. It’s a generalization at best, not build for build gospel.

So should I just ignore the law and sign forms for anyone that asks? What do I get out of that other than risking my license and livelihood.

I'm not so sure about "militant." I really do not care about the law. If someone has retinitis pigmentosa and I believe can still drive, I will sign a document for tinting for DMV. If someone just shows up and has a normal exam, I will not write a fake diagnosis and risk my reputation and license.

If your good friend wants to sign a form for you good for him. If he gives your a prescription for percocet, that is also not my problem. However, I would not work with your good friend or want to have any thing to do with someone in my profession who is dishonest.

If a good friend in is mid 40s told you the sun bothers his eyes and asked you to sign a tint exemption form, I'm not sure what's dishonest about that. I'm also not sure how signing the form would risk a doctor's license.
Isn't photophobia associated with an ophthalmic disorder somewhat subjective ?
Can the DMV prove the sun doesn't bother the patient's eyes ?
Are there regulatory bodies in CA cracking down on Docs who have signed tint exemption forms for patients who had recent eye exams ?
Since you're an eye doctor and since I have respect for all doctors including you, I'm not going to be a jerk. It's all good.
More importantly, I'm in NY so there's pretty much a 0% chance I'll ever come to you in CA for a tint exemption form. Cheers

Last edited:
Ms. @lurker131 , have you seen this yet? (
)
I peeped at it — but it’s on a Model 3 v 2021.4.18 with TeslaVision which we don’t have, so didn’t know how much stock to put into this particular demo. (And it’s a reallllyyyyyy long video). I’m on 2021.12.4.7. Anyone else with this version FSD?

Ok, Got my MSPlaid, Blk/Blk Ebony 21" tonight at 6 pm. Had a one hour drive home to get somme first impressions. Ill bullet them

1) Exterior: exceeds my expectations. This car looks BADASS. a little wider and lower than my P100D I just traded in. The big fat wheels and tires look amazing.
2) Interior: Exceeds my expectations. Its not quite Mercedes or BMW level of fit/finish but its darn close and lightyears ahead of my 2017 P100D
3) Driving: This thing is insane. Handling, acceleration all unreal. I didn't go into drag strip mode yet but I did do a few unprepped runs of "flooring" it and there is a weird split second hesitation that I didn't have with my P100D before the thing takes off. But once it goes, holy cow does it go. I passed someone on the highway from 80 mph and I hit 125 pretty quickly. The yoke is a little weird there are some thing I like about it: It looks cool, It gives you more visibility, and Its very comfortable on the highway to rest your hand on the bottom (and that keeps autopilot happy that you are awake and alert). The lack of Stalks is weird but just in an hour getting home I was already pretty used to it. I bet in a week it will be a no brainer. Parking and tight turns is weird and Ive lost control of the wheel a few Times because I was expecting a place to grab and it just wasn't there. But Im adjusting. One other thing about flooring it....There is this amazing whirling hum you hear from the motors spooling up to a gazillion RPM and it sounds like a Jet engine sorta. Very cool.

3 - ditto, stays on medium, car is low as is
6 - first time I tried it it did this, second time it fired right up

3 weeks for me 😅