Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I almost did a dumb thing and changed my order to remove FSD. Which would’ve likely delayed me past even September. Then I realized, I can wait until I get closer to delivery and cancel it. I have it on my Y at $10,000, with the subscription, and no way city FSD rolls out any time soon (ie my bet is it’s over a year away), I’ll take the subscription.

And I am on topic as both my S and X say September. No updates for over a month.

Just talked to a SA at Tysons Corner VA and he’s saying the same thing that folks who have/are ordering white interior are waiting much longer. He hasn’t seen one LR or Plaid delivered so far with white interior.

Folks have/are changing to black interior and getting matched much quicker. Wanted to share.
Estimated delivery date now changed to October. It has changed from (Sep-Oct) to (Aug 4th - Aug 18th) to (October) again since yesterday.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Not sure. It would be great to see some Dragy info on that. Especially 60-130, and 0-60. I'm betting sub 1.98 the way that car came off the line.
Yeah hard to tell, but the Arachnids are boat anchors. Lightweight 19s or 20s will be quicker for sure.
Now at any time should Elon desires it, they could unleash another 200hp. I think the Plaid will hit 8s sooner or later.

• Love
Yeah hard to tell, but the Arachnids are boat anchors. Lightweight 19s or 20s will be quicker for sure.
Now at any time should Elon desires it, they could unleash another 200hp. I think the Plaid will hit 8s sooner or later.
Not sure about 200hp, as 200hp would be awfully hard on the current battery, but I could see 80-100hp for sure in the coming months. It already is running bottom 9s. That would put it at rock-bottom 9s, or high 8s with lightweight wheels.

Last edited:
Reactions: AMGF
Damn wtf 😂 we are in the same area and I have ordered a car befor you 😂

This is another evidence of the fact that people who alredy waiting for 6-8 months will wait even longer and people who made orders recently will get cars 🙂
Indeed. I ordered early April and still holding steady at August. This is madness.... :mad: Having said hope atleast you get it as the lucky monkey paw hit the right keys on your order number... 😅

That video just confirmed I’d rather own the long range.
Owning a plaid model s is like dating a hot girl, after a few ... quick launches ... it’s like what else you got to offer.
Not sure I follow you. The car is even quicker than first thought and your reaction is no, I’d rather be slower?
The best case for the LR is that it is mighty quick in its own right. Not that the Plaid is even quicker than expected. 🤷‍♂️